King Kong Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Re: King Kong Toys

Post by Platypus Prime »

There's a Schleich Giganotosaurus that I found at a local store, that has the strangest pose. Not sure what the intent was, but I finally figured out what it was for, it's now on my office fun-shelf.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:31 am There's a Schleich Giganotosaurus that I found at a local store, that has the strangest pose. Not sure what the intent was, but I finally figured out what it was for, it's now on my office fun-shelf.
For one with a more neutral pose, I recommend EoFauna's Giganotosaurus; it's accurate, looks great, and won't break the bank.
If you're in the USA, you can get it from Dan's Dinosaurs, and in Europe, Everything Dinosaur. That's where I got mine.
There is also a Papo Giganotosaurus with a rearing posture, which I think would look GREAT if you posed him next to Kong!

I'd post images, but the forum's being weird and won't let me, so you can just google them

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Well, shit. Now I HAVE to get one of those Retrosaurs.

RIP Evan.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

If the two companies ever make a Black and White version of Kong and that retrosaur respectively, I'm jumping in.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

You think a 'public domain' Kong line with vintage/retro dinos (Stegosaur, Brontosaur, T. rex, etc.) with obvious B&W and color variants would be up NECA's alley but I guess not.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

tbeasley wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:39 pm You think a 'public domain' Kong line with vintage/retro dinos (Stegosaur, Brontosaur, T. rex, etc.) with obvious B&W and color variants would be up NECA's alley but I guess not.
They're too busy milking the initial Kong mold for what it's worth so when all the useless variants nobody wants inevitably don't sell they can just shelve the line and use it as an excuse.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So far, the best dinosaur I've found that scales and looks well with the NECA Kongs is the Bandai Museum Gorosaurus. Might not be an instant go-to for most collectors due to its rarity now, but it sure is nice to have something for this Gorosaurus to pair with.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

BUMP

I've been eyeballing the Mezco Kongs since I didn't buy any a few years ago when they released, seems like the standard 7" variant sold so well that Mezco is now doing a reissue, meanwhile, there's still numerous B&W PX exclusives in stock on BigBadToyStore at MSRP

A few years later and still nobody cares for the repaint? That's tuff
Last edited by {---HYPERZeTToN---} on Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

The Bandai Gorosaurus also works very well with the NECA Kong in multiple contexts!

Either a semi-serious diorama version:

I an NOT make 'panorama' work right...

Or this one I made to show off the really bizarre neck joint...

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Got my Mezco King Kong PX Previews Exclusive today

Poor guy doesn't sell too well

crockalley
Ronin

Post by crockalley »

Are there any Toho Kong figures that fit in well with Bandai High Grade? There is a Kong-shaped hole in mu small-figure collection.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

crockalley wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:08 am Are there any Toho Kong figures that fit in well with Bandai High Grade? There is a Kong-shaped hole in mu small-figure collection.
Unfortunately nothing Toho Kong in that scale, but Konami did put out a set of miniature 1933 figures:

crockalley
Ronin

Post by crockalley »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 am
crockalley wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:08 am Are there any Toho Kong figures that fit in well with Bandai High Grade? There is a Kong-shaped hole in mu small-figure collection.
Unfortunately nothing Toho Kong in that scale, but Konami did put out a set of miniature 1933 figures:
Thanks for the info! Those look pretty good!

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

The Mezco 7" Standard King Kong is back in stock on BBTS for 37 USD

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Too bad the 2005 Kong toyline wasn't more popular.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I'm disappointed that Neca didn't make more figures from Kong.

A 1/4 figure would have been great from them.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I keep,hoping NECA will take in more obscure monster's.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Mr. Yellow wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:49 pm I keep,hoping NECA will take in more obscure monster's.
I'm assuming Gamera would be too niche for them, especially given their Godzilla line. Sigh.

A 12' electronic Kong like their old 12' Godzilla would be great also.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I meant like more obscure but along the lines of the Universal B movie monsters.