Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by master_of_monsters »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 am
master_of_monsters wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:44 am
OGMechaMothra wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:10 pm Now we just need Bandai Vinyl Kaiju from this series to go with it.
please no
Your hostility towards vinyls is irritating.

EDIT: That sounded a lot meaner than I mean it to. I can understand not wanting to buy them, everyone has their own tastes, it just seems like you don't even want them to release vinyl figures, which confuses me.
the kicker is there's usually no alternative with pacific rim kaiju. Godzilla's I'm okay with because there are plenty of other options, for pacific rim however this likely won't be the case
your source of self destruction

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

master_of_monsters wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:08 am
DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 am

please no
Your hostility towards vinyls is irritating.

EDIT: That sounded a lot meaner than I mean it to. I can understand not wanting to buy them, everyone has their own tastes, it just seems like you don't even want them to release vinyl figures, which confuses me.
the kicker is there's usually no alternative with pacific rim kaiju. Godzilla's I'm okay with because there are plenty of other options, for pacific rim however this likely won't be the case
Yeah that makes sense. I got the Raijin and Shrikethorn they released and my only complaint was the cost, they're ridiculously expensive.

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

I really hope they do a few kaiju to go with it. Preferably Sofvi Spirits like Raijin and Shrikethorn!

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:10 pm Now we just need Bandai Vinyl Kaiju from this series to go with it.
please no
please yes

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

One or two Kaiju to go with it would be nice to get at some point.
Be it Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman XYZ or whatever else: it always bothers me when they release a standalone character and never get around to do just even a single of that characters' specific opponents to display it with.

However, WHEN will we get the Jaegers and Kaiju from the original PR movie...? I believe people would buy the hell out of those. I would.
The stuff from 'PR Uprising' just didn't sell that well because the movie was garbage. The figures werent' actually bad and I have them all.
Please BANDAI, get some PR 1 stuff out there!
Size DOES matter!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Petezilla wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:00 am One or two Kaiju to go with it would be nice to get at some point.
Be it Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman XYZ or whatever else: it always bothers me when they release a standalone character and never get around to do just even a single of that characters' specific opponents to display it with.

However, WHEN will we get the Jaegers and Kaiju from the original PR movie...? I believe people would buy the hell out of those. I would.
The stuff from 'PR Uprising' just didn't sell that well because the movie was garbage. The figures werent' actually bad and I have them all.
Please BANDAI, get some PR 1 stuff out there!
I missed out on all the NECA kaiju, and Sofvi Spirits ones are fine, so I'd love to get a Leatherback or Knifehead in that line.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

All I ever wanted was Slattern and Onibaba vinyls. :(
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I'm rather doubtful that Bandai's going to go back and do anything else from the movies, unfortunately. They cancelled a few figures that we know of, which I'm guessing was because the previous ones sold poorly, including an Otachi vinyl.

I'm legitimately shocked they're even making this anime one, but grateful for it, as I'll probably end up getting if for no other reason than to complete my Jaeger collection.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:21 pm I'm rather doubtful that Bandai's going to go back and do anything else from the movies, unfortunately. They cancelled a few figures that we know of, which I'm guessing was because the previous ones sold poorly, including an Otachi vinyl. [...]
Yes, it's a real shame... especially since I bet that there's still money to be made with Robot Spirits Jaegers and Sofvi Spritis (or even S.H.MonsterArts) Kaiju from del Toro's original movie. That one is genrally loved by Kaiju fans while Uprising is quite despised (which I can totally understad). Again, it's a shame that the bad 2nd movie has ruined so much regarding this great franchise... -_-
Size DOES matter!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I hope they at least make a Gypsy Danger. (And re release the Chogokin one also)

Also, please Diamond Select make some figures also for The Black!
Last edited by Anguirus on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Anguirus wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 pm
Also, please Diamond Select make some figures also for The Black!
Y E S please! a kaiju from them would be nice too (yes I'm aware the previous Hakuja was a vinyl but it had hinges in the jaw and shoulders which allowed for better posing options than the typical "hug me" pose from normal vinyls)
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I love how the Atlas Destroyer is also giving us that chain spear. Gonna' be having a lot of fun giving it some Scorpion-esque poses with it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Debating whether I should get the 18 inch Knifehead.

I decided to go with Trespasser instead.
Last edited by Anguirus on Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

I'd be up for a line of RG jaegers

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I also ordered the Bandai Saber Athena and the Diamond Select Guardian Bravo!
So, still no news for an U.S. release of Atlas Destroyer. But it is on BigBadToyStore, for over $60.
Last edited by Anguirus on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Sorry for the double post, but I went and ordered the Chogokin Gipsy! I hope Bandai releases a Chogokin Atlas Destroyer! Any chance of that happening?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Anguirus wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:26 pm Sorry for the double post, but I went and ordered the Chogokin Gipsy! I hope Bandai releases a Chogokin Atlas Destroyer! Any chance of that happening?
Absolutely not. I think they were supposed to do a Chogokin Crimson Typhoon but sales didn't support the line.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

My Soul of Chogokin Gypsy came in! Sadly, it's a used figure without the backflaps and most of the accessories, but I got it at a good price. I am very happy.

Next, I plan on getting Neca's Crimson Typhoon finally, plus either the 18 inch Cherno Alpha or the 18 inch Knifehead. Reading users negative reviews on the 18 inch Knifehead in the past PacRim thread is pushing me towards Cherno.

Also, I ordered Valor Omega!
Last edited by Anguirus on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I remember the days when people joked about using the 18 inch knife head as a weapon.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:52 pm I remember the days when people joked about using the 18 inch knife head as a weapon.

Dang!

I got Valor Omega and the Kaiju Drone. Next up, I have the 18 inch Cherno Alpha arriving.
Last edited by Anguirus on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.