NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Legendary Minya »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 am
KingKong2005 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:29 pm
Whoah. Can you post your proof here?
Proof that he banned me over it? No, I can show that I'm blocked but it doesn't know why. The proof of his promise to make the figure is a video interview posted somewhere on TK conducted by Chris M, in which Randy states they'll be making "All four of the big monsters"

So Randy starts lashing out on Twitter against "whining, entitled Godzilla fans" saying he never claimed they were making a Ghidorah. I posted the link to the interview and said "Could you explain this, then?" and was blocked soon after.
He said the big 4 and everything in the movie was fair game and would be made. Remember that as well. We went from potentially recreating Boston and the bowing scene to you whiny Godzilla fans be happy you get Mothra and Rodan with your Godzilla.
Ha, I only remember the "big 4" part, but that makes it even funnier/sadder.

Guy's a douche.

They shipped me a Godzilla '62 that was totally missing a hand. When I messaged their CS account (with a different Twitter handle) they apologized and said they'd send me a replacement piece. So I sent them my name (which I used for the account Randy blocked) and address then once they know it's me they suddenly say "We don't have any pieces left." and stop responding to all messages. They also ignored me when I posted a pic of a Tokka/Rahzar 2 pack with Tokka missing an entire arm, and when I mysteriously never got 2 other TMNT items I ordered, so they basically stole about $200 from me (not counting the broke figures, which I eventually replaced thru other means)
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 am The proof of his promise to make the figure is a video interview posted somewhere on TK conducted by Chris M, in which Randy states they'll be making "All four of the big monsters" So Randy starts lashing out on Twitter against "whining, entitled Godzilla fans" saying he never claimed they were making a Ghidorah. I posted the link to the interview and said "Could you explain this, then?" and was blocked soon after.
If this is that video, you can find it here: https://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/ ... -2018.html. A good bullet-point summary of the entire discussion was posted by GigaBowserG here: viewtopic.php?p=1571071#p1571071. Nowhere in the thread comments that followed does anyone take away that Randy "promises" any specific figure (Ghidorah or anyone else) before Toho grants NECA the final approval to make it. If there is another interview that speaks to the "four big monsters" specifically, I can't find it.
RANDY (06:12): We're really excited about the new film and the fact that we can do stuff like Mothra, and stuff we couldn't touch before. So we'll certainly revisit that stuff when the time is right, and see if we can make any of it happen....
---------------------------
CHRIS (11:45): So until this point, it's always been just Godzilla figures. Is that because of Warner Bros?
RANDY: It was because of the license. Our license for...because of the previous deal we had with Bandai for the mass market, we were only allowed to do just Godzilla, period. That is not the case any more. The character selection is opening up. You're going to see a bunch more, besides Godzilla...we'll be back next week and at least two of our sculptors are on Godzilla, and nothing else.
CHRIS: Have you already decided what the next "other monsters" are going to be?...
RANDY:...for the new movie, we're starting with everything that appears in the film for next May....
----------------------------
RANDY (14:08): ...what we're doing with the '19 film, stuff's gotta be in scale. So we haven't established scale on Godzilla, but anybody else has to, in turn, be bigger if they are bigger on-screen.
Last edited by G1985 on Thu May 13, 2021 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

G1985 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:22 am
Legendary Minya wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 am The proof of his promise to make the figure is a video interview posted somewhere on TK conducted by Chris M, in which Randy states they'll be making "All four of the big monsters" So Randy starts lashing out on Twitter against "whining, entitled Godzilla fans" saying he never claimed they were making a Ghidorah. I posted the link to the interview and said "Could you explain this, then?" and was blocked soon after.
If this is that video, you can find it here: https://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/ ... -2018.html. A good bullet-point summary of the entire discussion was posted by GigaBowserG here: viewtopic.php?p=1571071#p1571071. Nowhere in the thread comments that followed does anyone take away that Randy "promises" any specific figure (Ghidorah or anyone else) before Toho grants NECA the final approval to make it. If there is another interview that speaks to the "four big monsters" specifically, I can't find it.
RANDY (06:12): We're really excited about the new film and the fact that we can do stuff like Mothra, and stuff we couldn't touch before. So we'll certainly revisit that stuff when the time is right, and see if we can make any of it happen....
CHRIS (11:45): So until this point, it's always been just Godzilla figures. Is that because of Warner Bros?
RANDY: It was because of the license. Our license for...because of the previous deal we had with Bandai for the mass market, we were only allowed to do just Godzilla, period. That is not the case any more. The character selection is opening up. You're going to see a bunch more, besides Godzilla...we'll be back next week and at least two of our sculptors are on Godzilla, and nothing else.
CHRIS: Have you already decided what the next "other monsters" are going to be?...
RANDY:...for the new movie, we're starting with everything that appears in the film for next May....
RANDY (14:08): ...what we're doing with the '19 film, stuff's gotta be in scale. So we haven't established scale on Godzilla, but anybody else has to, in turn, be bigger if they are bigger on-screen.
If I say I'm doing all the monsters and then one doesn't happen I'm not going to say I never said Ghidorah was coming, I'm going to say sorry guys plans changed.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

miguelnuva wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am
G1985 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:22 am
If I say I'm doing all the monsters and then one doesn't happen I'm not going to say I never said Ghidorah was coming, I'm going to say sorry guys plans changed.
Exactly. Don't lie and paint fans as "whining and entitled"

"Sorry, we couldn't find a way to make it work for the price point we wanted"

"Sorry, there were design issues"

Not "Stop whining, I never said that"

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am If I say I'm doing all the monsters and then one doesn't happen I'm not going to say I never said Ghidorah was coming, I'm going to say sorry guys plans changed.
That's a mighty big "If", especially when you consider how licensing and the figure approval process works. No G:KOTM figure-specific licensor approval could have been received by NECA before July 2018, which was when this alleged "promise" was made.

NECA can't say "plans changed" until the licensor approves that plan first.

Added in 11 minutes 16 seconds:
Legendary Minya wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:25 pm Exactly. Don't lie and paint fans as "whining and entitled"

Have you considered buying a 3D printer and making one for yourself, instead of going without because somebody "promised" you one nearly two years ago? That ship has sailed, the homecoming dance is over, and sometimes we don't get a pony for our birthday.
Last edited by G1985 on Thu May 13, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

G1985 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:37 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am If I say I'm doing all the monsters and then one doesn't happen I'm not going to say I never said Ghidorah was coming, I'm going to say sorry guys plans changed.
That's a mighty big "If", especially when you consider how licensing and the figure approval process works. No G:KOTM figure-specific licensor approval could have been received by NECA before July 2018, which was when this alleged "promise" was made.

No it isn't. If Randy says he is doing everything in a film and then something happens to where he can't do said thing you don't attack your customers and say I never said Ghidorah was coming. Ghidorah not being made had nothing to do with the licensors it was said that NECA couldn't do a Ghidorah for under $150 and it was too much of a risk to them. No one had a problem with that the problem came form Randy trying to make fans think they were crazy when he said out his mouth they were doing everything in the film and they were working with Toho now and then he goes, I never said Ghidorah.

All he had to do was say sorry we tried and people wouldn't have gotten that upset.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

It also doesn't help NECA also TEASED a part of a product (The Mothra Larva) and then ignored talking about it, like it was nothing.

I do not miss having to deal with Randy Announcements about Godzilla, I'll tell you....

RIP Evan.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

G1985 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:37 pm

Added in 11 minutes 16 seconds:
Legendary Minya wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:25 pm Exactly. Don't lie and paint fans as "whining and entitled"

Have you considered buying a 3D printer and making one for yourself, instead of going without because somebody "promised" you one nearly two years ago? That ship has sailed, the homecoming dance is over, and sometimes we don't get a pony for our birthday.
Oh good, someone else blindly defending neca just like their Twitter and Facebook feeds.

I've got the SHMA Ghidorah. I'm good. Still doesn't excuse treating your consumers like crap and insulting them and denying what you said.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:04 am Oh good, someone else blindly defending neca just like their Twitter and Facebook feeds.

I've got the SHMA Ghidorah. I'm good. Still doesn't excuse treating your consumers like crap and insulting them and denying what you said.
According to your TK profile, you signed up about sixteen months later than NECA "promised" you that they would give the (future) you a shiny new toy. I suppose this is the first time ever that you didn't get a toy that you wanted?

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

^ Cry more that someone dislikes your favorite brand.

"Just make it yourself bro", stupidest fucking response I've seen on this board in awhile. You're acting like a manchild over the fact someone dared to speak ill about NECA. People have a valid reason to dislike NECA for claiming they were going to produce "everything that appears in the new film", only to back out of that deal, and go after people who brought up that interview than actually respond with reasons why.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Moth wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 am ^ Cry more that someone dislikes your favorite brand.

"Just make it yourself bro", stupidest skreeonking response I've seen on this board in awhile. You're acting like a manchild over the fact someone dared to speak ill about NECA. People have a valid reason to dislike NECA for claiming they were going to produce "everything that appears in the new film", only to back out of that deal, and go after people who brought up that interview than actually respond with reasons why.
Sorry that your date stood you up for prom, bro. Maybe next year...

SoggyNoodles2016

Right, everyone chill now. This is a verbal warning.

Move on to discussing NECA.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

All Randy had to do was say planns changed or we couldn't do Ghidorah up to standard at the price we wanted so we can't do him at this moment.

People would still be disappointed but none of the attacks would have happened.

If he never said Ghidorah was being made there was no reason to block people who brought up the interview other than he wanted his side of the stroy to be the truth. This is not the only franchise he acted like this with.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Man, what a thread to become more lively lol.

Why is this still a thing though? It's done.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

goji89 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm Why is this still a thing though? It's done.
Why does it have to be closed? You can still discuss NECA's Godzilla line, even if nothing new is coming out. Same reason we had threads for Trendmasters figures and other now-defunct toylines.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:52 pm
goji89 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm Why is this still a thing though? It's done.
Why does it have to be closed? You can still discuss NECA's Godzilla line, even if nothing new is coming out. Same reason we had threads for Trendmasters figures and other now-defunct toylines.
Hey, don't you talk back to me. Don't you know who I am? I'm motha fucking goji89.

Now with that being said...... I just wanted to get away from the Randy Neca controversy as that is oooold news now. It's like what's the point. Randy has been good to me not only with Godzilla but my TMNT cartoon line and movie line. And I won't stand by and let people talk bad about my supplier. He's been giving me my fix and LOL.

And also I never said to close the thread my man, I said that about the Randy situation regarding Godzilla but people just like to drag out the dead for no reason but meh.

SoggyNoodles2016

goji89 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:31 pm
Hey, don't you talk back to me. Don't you know who I am? I'm motha skreeonking goji89.

Do agree we can keep going and that Randy is our supplier whoever you are.

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:16 pm
goji89 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Hey, don't you talk back to me. Don't you know who I am? I'm motha skreeonking goji89.

Do agree we can keep going and that Randy is our supplier whoever you are.
I'm goji89 :cry:

That hurt.... congrats you made me cry.

Alexa play "Do you really want to hurt me" by Culture Club

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

Legendary Minya wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:04 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 am

Proof that he banned me over it? No, I can show that I'm blocked but it doesn't know why. The proof of his promise to make the figure is a video interview posted somewhere on TK conducted by Chris M, in which Randy states they'll be making "All four of the big monsters"

So Randy starts lashing out on Twitter against "whining, entitled Godzilla fans" saying he never claimed they were making a Ghidorah. I posted the link to the interview and said "Could you explain this, then?" and was blocked soon after.
He said the big 4 and everything in the movie was fair game and would be made. Remember that as well. We went from potentially recreating Boston and the bowing scene to you whiny Godzilla fans be happy you get Mothra and Rodan with your Godzilla.
Ha, I only remember the "big 4" part, but that makes it even funnier/sadder.

Guy's a douche.

They shipped me a Godzilla '62 that was totally missing a hand. When I messaged their CS account (with a different Twitter handle) they apologized and said they'd send me a replacement piece. So I sent them my name (which I used for the account Randy blocked) and address then once they know it's me they suddenly say "We don't have any pieces left." and stop responding to all messages. They also ignored me when I posted a pic of a Tokka/Rahzar 2 pack with Tokka missing an entire arm, and when I mysteriously never got 2 other TMNT items I ordered, so they basically stole about $200 from me (not counting the broke figures, which I eventually replaced thru other means)
Jeez, dude is straight up trash
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If someone is new and asks about Randy I'm going to tell the truth. He made some good figures for us and the other lines but dude was unprofessional and when he got called out on a lie he reacted poorly.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image