NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Just got my Shin, and it's so damn ugly in person. I've seen a lot of reviews praise the paint on this figure...really? I'll be reselling this soon.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:06 pm Just got my Shin, and it's so damn ugly in person. I've seen a lot of reviews praise the paint on this figure...really? I'll be reselling this soon.
It's a mixed bag. The one I got has no lower jaw teeth painted, no claws painted on one hand and wash on only one foot's claws. I got it very early, though.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:58 pm I hate store exclusives to no end. Because you practically have to go every damn day and I hate Walmart but don't mind Target as much except when they don't stock their figures. Their G.I Joe classified series was a big fucking joke and their TMNT ones too..... ARRRRRAAASGH HHEFBHJFVHFVDH764YVNBN

I HATE THEM
I HATE THEM
HDSASAAARRRRGGGHHHH
+1
I get store exclusives, but yeah - gotta waste my time hitting up like 4 stores only to find one left, scratched up and looks like someone stepped on it. As I mentioned in the post above, many of my local Targets NEVER restock their NECA's. I'm not kidding actually, same barren shelf - no they dont sell, its never restocked. Granted, if they moved the collectibles over to like, the toy isle it might actually sell more.
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:06 pm Just got my Shin, and it's so damn ugly in person. I've seen a lot of reviews praise the paint on this figure...really? I'll be reselling this soon.
Atleast the NECA's generally match the images plastered on the box as it should be. I'm still bitter MonsterArts absolutely crapped the bed on their Shin. Though if you don't mind me asking, what's exactly wrong with the paint on yours?
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:15 am It's a mixed bag. The one I got has no lower jaw teeth painted, no claws painted on one hand and wash on only one foot's claws. I got it very early, though.
You know this reminds me of the first NECA Godzilla. The G14 has a "variant" that lacked the blue wash and was just that black/brown mold color. Not a fan of how they did the articulation on the hips on that one so I never bought a correct replacement.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I went to 5 Targets a few weekends ago to try and finish out my NECA collections. All five had ZERO NECA Godzillas. Looks like they are starting to get scarce. Prices are going up online too. Crazy thing is people are actually paying those prices if you look at Ebay sold listings
Last edited by Godzilla21 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Now that NECA's Godzilla output is done, the only one I skipped that I wish I hadn't was the regular edition 2019 Godzilla. I have the SHMA, but I also like the NECA figures and not having that one bugs me. But everything on eBay is either a knockoff or going for $70+, so I guess I'm out of luck.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:13 am Atleast the NECA's generally match the images plastered on the box as it should be. I'm still bitter MonsterArts absolutely crapped the bed on their Shin.
That's true, NECA has a better track record when it comes to delivering what is promised. The SH should have been godly, but they really screwed the pooch with that messy, glossy paint. I am very happy with my Frozen Version, though, the paint definitely compliments the sculpt better than the original.
Though if you don't mind me asking, what's exactly wrong with the paint on yours?
The teeth are soft and messy, the spines are really sloppy with way too much red, the tip of the tail has these weird yellow blotches, and the whole thing is too shiny...I do like how the legs and chest are handled, though.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

undulate
Ronin

Post by undulate »

Is there anyway to get replacement parts like the atomic breath? My son’s biollante goji atomic breath snapped at the tab...

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

undulate wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:01 am Is there anyway to get replacement parts like the atomic breath? My son’s biollante goji atomic breath snapped at the tab...
Ah, dang, I'm sorry!

Did it happen right out of the box or later? Either way, I think NECA's official site might be able to help you, know they've done replacement parts before. (though I don't know how much given they ended the line....)

RIP Evan.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

undulate wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:01 am Is there anyway to get replacement parts like the atomic breath? My son’s biollante goji atomic breath snapped at the tab...
DM me. I've got the BioGoji and the exclusive green-splattered version - they both come with the breath effect and I only need one.

You can try NECA but they've ignored my last few CS emails.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

undulate
Ronin

Post by undulate »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 am
DM me. I've got the BioGoji and the exclusive green-splattered version - they both come with the breath effect and I only need one.

You can try NECA but they've ignored my last few CS emails.
I really appreciate that - NECA just responded that “they will check the warehouse” and asked for my shipping address.

I will definitely reach out if I have no luck with NECA!

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

One other thing I've done for simpler plastic things is drilling a small hole on both sides of the break, putting in a pin lightly coated in superglue, and then putting it back together. This makes for a stronger bond than just the glue itself and prevents re-breaks, but it's tricky to get it set perfectly, especially if the holes drilled aren't JUST right. But if it's broken anyway, it couldn't hurt to try, and if it does work you can paint over it to give an extra breath-weapon color to hide the glued area.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I can't help but wonder if this could mean NECA's Godzilla license could have been renewed...

Or maybe someone is getting sued.

Last edited by ElijahSky on Mon May 10, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Doubt it. Could easily fake that.

Wouldn't mind NECA coming back but not totally invested both for financial reasons and it would be kind of disappointing to go back with all the promises Super7 made.

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

That's fake as fuck.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

The message is real, it's from a Discord server where a user there messaged NECA, I'm in that server lol
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:46 pm That's fake as skreeonk.
Could you at least break our dreams in a more soothing tone.... fuck, man.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Didn't Randy reply to someone a while back on Twitter asking if they'd make RPO MG and he literally said "never".

Me thinks the message is fake.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:47 am Didn't Randy reply to someone a while back on Twitter asking if they'd make RPO MG and he literally said "never".

Me thinks the message is fake.
I wouldn't be surprised if the message is real, and NECA is splitting hairs. Saying they would not make one, and saying their talent never sculpted / molded one for production, are two very different things. I'd bet that NECA paid for a sculpt and mold intending on securing the character via the RPO license, and Toho got wind of it and blocked an RPO MG from being produced without their permission. The molds wound up in the hands of some offshore factory that is cranking out unlicensed copies, much like someone cranked out that mock-SHMA 1964 Ghidorah a few years ago.
Last edited by G1985 on Tue May 11, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I've been seeing that message go around. But I don't htink it's anything to put much weight into.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

neca also said they'd make a 2019 Ghidorah - and blocked me on Twitter after I posted a link to the interview where they did so - then swore they never said that.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"