Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by canofhumdingers »

I’ll be bummed if my order gets cancelled but life goes on I suppose. Truth is there’s way more stuff coming out than I can hope to keep up with. But this Sakai was a standout and I made a point to prioritize it over other collectibles so it would be quite disappointing to miss out.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

Now I’m crossing my fingers that my Godzilla Store version doesn’t get canceled. I got lucky that my Sakai Godzilla 2000 shipped. I heard a lot of those figures were canceled as well.

Edit: I just preordered the Godzilla The Ride figure at amiami. I didn’t think I’d love the new design so much, but it definitely grew on me.
Last edited by LiamNeesons on Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Giant Monster series Shin Ultraman has been teased.

https://twitter.com/shounen_ric_xp/stat ... lyoAQ&s=19
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Anyone know if any other places have the 2021 and The Ride Godzilla figures available, preferably if they had some kind of payment plan like AC? I held off on them, because my list of preorders was getting a bit ridiculous. But it's been so long, that they're both sold out on AC.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

KingKaiju wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:48 pm Anyone know if any other places have the 2021 and The Ride Godzilla figures available, preferably if they had some kind of payment plan like AC? I held off on them, because my list of preorders was getting a bit ridiculous. But it's been so long, that they're both sold out on AC.
BigBadToyStore for MonsterVerse 2021
Kaiju Live for The Ride

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:34 am
KingKaiju wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:48 pm Anyone know if any other places have the 2021 and The Ride Godzilla figures available, preferably if they had some kind of payment plan like AC? I held off on them, because my list of preorders was getting a bit ridiculous. But it's been so long, that they're both sold out on AC.
BigBadToyStore for MonsterVerse 2021
Kaiju Live for The Ride
THAAAAANK YOU!!!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

so upon my discovery that xplus is releasing a defo-real jet jaguar, I think I may be obligated to purchase one :lol: . Now I've never gotten a x-plus or related product before, so I've got a few questions. Pre-ordering, how important is it? Like should I pre-order now otherwise I have no chance? Can I wait till it comes out? I see the ric exclusive has light up eyes, which I think is really cool, but how do you guys feel about the gimmicks on these things, do they tend to be worth it, or just go with the standard? If I were to go with the ric, where would I even do that, is there a special shop? I know I've got a lot of questions, but I really don't know about these things.
He Jock it Made of Steel

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:37 am so upon my discovery that xplus is releasing a defo-real jet jaguar, I think I may be obligated to purchase one :lol: . Now I've never gotten a x-plus or related product before, so I've got a few questions. Pre-ordering, how important is it? Like should I pre-order now otherwise I have no chance? Can I wait till it comes out? I see the ric exclusive has light up eyes, which I think is really cool, but how do you guys feel about the gimmicks on these things, do they tend to be worth it, or just go with the standard? If I were to go with the ric, where would I even do that, is there a special shop? I know I've got a lot of questions, but I really don't know about these things.
I've bought a number of light ups and literally never use them. When I do turn them on, they look pretty nice. However these are newer, and while X-Plus has stepped up their light up game, it seems they had a spotty track record in the past. The JJ defo RIC can be preordered here. Usually I order from the ric site or Awesome Collector. Defos don't tend to sell out as fast, but to avoid after market prices for sure, I would pre-order.

BlueRocketMouse
Young Farmer

Post by BlueRocketMouse »

Does the RIC store ever sell any stock once figures are released or is it strictly pre-orders only? I normally pre-order so I've never had to worry about it before, but this time around I missed the boat on the Godzilla 2021 Deforeal. Is there still any chance of catching the RIC light-up version outside of the aftermarket, or has that ship sailed?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

They occasionally re list items, but it’s pretty rare. I see the figure you are looking for is capped on AC, but you may want to email Jason because he usually has at least one cancellation. I’m not seeing it anywhere else but someone has to be selling it.

BlueRocketMouse
Young Farmer

Post by BlueRocketMouse »

Yeah, that's about what I figured. Oh well, I'll keep an ear to the ground and hope I can get lucky. I appreciate the tip!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:12 am
I've bought a number of light ups and literally never use them. When I do turn them on, they look pretty nice. However these are newer, and while X-Plus has stepped up their light up game, it seems they had a spotty track record in the past. The JJ defo RIC can be preordered here. Usually I order from the ric site or Awesome Collector. Defos don't tend to sell out as fast, but to avoid after market prices for sure, I would pre-order.
Sweet, thanks for the info!

Are there any noticeable tradeoffs between the ric store and awesome collector? I have found the ric version on both, and it appears that if I order through Awesome Collector, I'll have to pay an additional 25 dollars on shipping compared to the international shipping from the ric site (although the ric site doesn't seem to have added any tax calculations yet). Besides the ability to cancel my order (outside of the 25 dollar deposit), is there any other benefit to Awesome collector? Does one tend to be faster than the other, do either have good customer service if something went wrong? I apologize, I feel like I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'd like to figure these things out before making a purchase.
He Jock it Made of Steel

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

If I recall correctly, some were saying AC was faster or cheaper, but that was last year. I usually order from the ric store, I think they even have payment plans now. The big benefit to AC is payment plans, IMO.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Winter Wonder Fest is this weekend. Xplus will have a physical booth. Fingers crossed for a 30cm Ultima.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:00 am Winter Wonder Fest is this weekend. Xplus will have a physical booth. Fingers crossed for a 30cm Ultima.
Man, I cannot wait for for the reveals. I’m hoping for something with Gigan seeing that this is his 50th anniversary.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Has anyone gotten any word on when the Sakai G91 Abashiri Fight version is supposed to ship from AC? Or are we still in the dark on that one.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

cmdmstudios wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:47 pm Has anyone gotten any word on when the Sakai G91 Abashiri Fight version is supposed to ship from AC? Or are we still in the dark on that one.
I got my Godzilla Store version of the ‘91 about 2 weeks ago from AC.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

LiamNeesons wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:18 pm
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:00 am Winter Wonder Fest is this weekend. Xplus will have a physical booth. Fingers crossed for a 30cm Ultima.
Man, I cannot wait for for the reveals. I’m hoping for something with Gigan seeing that this is his 50th anniversary.
Yeah we definitely need a new 30cm. The old one is way out of scale with the recent Megalon.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

cmdmstudios wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:47 pm Has anyone gotten any word on when the Sakai G91 Abashiri Fight version is supposed to ship from AC? Or are we still in the dark on that one.
Some have shipped and some have not.