Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by ApexOversteer »

Doc Phibes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 pm Any news on the Harryhausen Cyclops? I hope it won't be delayed much.
Considering that I still haven't got my Harryhausen Triceratops, supposedly releasing last December, I don't have great expectations for the Cyclops to appear any time soon...

Meroune
Ronin

Post by Meroune »

ApexOversteer wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:54 pm
Doc Phibes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 pm Any news on the Harryhausen Cyclops? I hope it won't be delayed much.
Considering that I still haven't got my Harryhausen Triceratops, supposedly releasing last December, I don't have great expectations for the Cyclops to appear any time soon...
It definitely got delayed but mine just came in on BigBadToyStore so it'll be soon.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Meroune wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:20 pm
It definitely got delayed but mine just came in on BigBadToyStore so it'll be soon.
Yeah, since I posted the question I've received word that shipments are starting to go out of Asia. Weeks still to go, but hopefully not too far into the summer.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Ordered the new Sakai 91. Will be my first new X Plus in a few years. I got standard through Awesome Collector. I was checking on channels for acquiring the Godzilla Store Exclusive but it looks like even middle man sites are going to have a hard time getting it. Only shipping to one address per household in Japan. Going to be a Purple Shin Godzilla situation all over again. Anyway, looking forward to it! December release date so quite a ways off.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Man, hobbysearch opened preorders for the standard Sakai ‘91 yesterday and they’re already sold out. I’ve been on the fence on this one (I want it, but I’ve already got a lot on preorder and I’m not sure I want to plunk down the cash), but I was keeping my eyes out for preorders at the usual places. Snooze and lose I guess.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:22 am Man, hobbysearch opened preorders for the standard Sakai ‘91 yesterday and they’re already sold out. I’ve been on the fence on this one (I want it, but I’ve already got a lot on preorder and I’m not sure I want to plunk down the cash), but I was keeping my eyes out for preorders at the usual places. Snooze and lose I guess.
Its still up at AC and Kaiju Live. Go with the small business guys!
SpaceG92 wrote:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah, I know. I was more lamenting the fact that it’s selling very fast and I wanted more time to decide whether or not to commit (and plan what I might sell to offset the cost).

Is Diamond (or anyone) still releasing/reissuing X-plus stateside? Or is it all imports and x-plus distributing to us sellers directly?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

With the US Ric site I believe they don't see the need for a middleman anymore. That's probably why the Famous Monsters deal fell through.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:53 pm Yeah, I know. I was more lamenting the fact that it’s selling very fast and I wanted more time to decide whether or not to commit (and plan what I might sell to offset the cost).

Is Diamond (or anyone) still releasing/reissuing X-plus stateside? Or is it all imports and x-plus distributing to us sellers directly?
I think these days with how quickly Godzilla toys sell (not just X Plus but also SHMA) that you have to place an order quicker rather than later. I don't mind buying these because if I later regret and want to sell these hold their value pretty well so I won't lose money.
SpaceG92 wrote:

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

How's Xplus still not announcing their GVK figures even when the movie is now showing in Japan?? Literally every other vendors have done their reveals by now and I highly doubt Covid is the main reason. Have we got any update on that yet?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

ultrazilla wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:42 pm How's Xplus still not announcing their GVK figures even when the movie is now showing in Japan?? Literally every other vendors have done their reveals by now and I highly doubt Covid is the main reason. Have we got any update on that yet?
Is it really already showing in Japan? Didn’t it get delayed indefinitely?

In any case, I presume the X-Plus figures will be announced in the first week of June. Xplus would be foolish not to release a Kong with axe or Mechagodzilla 2021 figures. Those would be huge money makers!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I still wanna grab MV Rodan but I've been spending all my extra money grabbing the Singular Point vinyls.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:44 pm
ultrazilla wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:42 pm How's Xplus still not announcing their GVK figures even when the movie is now showing in Japan?? Literally every other vendors have done their reveals by now and I highly doubt Covid is the main reason. Have we got any update on that yet?
Is it really already showing in Japan? Didn’t it get delayed indefinitely?

In any case, I presume the X-Plus figures will be announced in the first week of June. Xplus would be foolish not to release a Kong with axe or Mechagodzilla 2021 figures. Those would be huge money makers!
Heard from someone who said 29th of May for Japan but I guess it's not happening any more? Regardless it still doesn't make much sense for XPlus to latch onto the movie's release date since there's no surprises any more. I really don't know what their marketing team is thinking.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Anyone else holding out hope for a specific figure from X-Plus? I really want an X-Plus Ghidorah, but because of the size and cost any Ghidorah will demand, I will only buy an X-Plus Grand King Ghidorah, my favorite incarnation. Anyone else in the same boat holding out for something?

Edit: Deforeal MechaGodzilla '75 is starting to hit. Just got notification from HLJ that mine is in.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon May 31, 2021 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

A new 30cm Gigan would be nice. The original is way to small compared to the 30cm Megalon and Mechagodzilla. Megaguirus would be sick, I'd love a Little Godzilla, and of course waiting for the inevitable Singular Point figures to drop.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:41 am Anyone else holding out hope for a specific figure from X-Plus? I really want an X-Plus Ghidorah, but because of the size and cost any Ghidorah will demand, I will only buy an X-Plus Grand King Ghidorah, my favorite incarnation. Anyone else in the same boat holding out for something?

Edit: Deforeal MechaGodzilla '75 is starting to hit. Just got notification from HLJ that mine is in.
Definitely want a Gigantic Mecha Godzilla 2021, but man I got a feeling something's gone wrong in this company for delaying the GVK figures for so long.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!!!!! Sakai 91 capped on AC.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

KingKaiju wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:58 pm DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!!!!! Sakai 91 capped on AC.
Dang, glad I bit the bullet and ordered it a couple days ago. I think Sideshow still has it available. Not sure about other stores.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Doc Phibes wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:20 am
Meroune wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Yeah, since I posted the question I've received word that shipments are starting to go out of Asia. Weeks still to go, but hopefully not too far into the summer.
And an update posted at the link says the Harryhausen Cyclops will be arriving late July. I suppose that is a realistic date with international shipping such a mess right now, but I was hoping it would be a little sooner.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPoP8KjAXBD/

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

KingKaiju wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:58 pm DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!!!!! Sakai 91 capped on AC.
Kaiju Live has it still.