Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by ApexOversteer »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:47 am I think shipping from AC may even be cheaper at this point. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yeah, what AC is doing on the RIC stuff is bulk shipping their orders, to get a lower rate from the shippers, and then baking that shipping cost into their price. Then you pay shipping from AC to you within the USA. Lately that IS saving people some money, as the DHL cost from ShonenRIC seems to be rising weekly. On the RIC stuff AC is pretty much always the least expensive in total. For example, from ShonenRIC the new 25cm Rodan'19 RIC Ver is $190 + $166 = $356 - From AC $249 + $80 = $329. You're saving $26 going with AC versus ShonenRIC.

On std stuff, despite not having their old exclusive distro deal, Diamond does still distribute the std vers, with the shipping from Japan baked in, and then the retailers have an SRP they can offer the figures at and make a margin. I don't think AC is using Diamond for all of their stds, so it pays to shop around to Shop.KaijuLive, or Sideshow, or Flossies Gifts. For example, From AC the Rodan'19 Std Ver. is $179.99 + $80 shipping = $259.99 - From Shop.KaijuLive $225 + Free Shipping. You're saving $35 going with KaijuLive.

It does appear that the RMC KinGoji and the FSL Gigantic '54 both might be Japan-Only releases... that's what I'm hearing. Neither have appeared on the US RIC site. I haven't yet seen the pricing for the std ver of either of them, and it's possible they're RIC only as well. Kind of waiting for next week to see if std versions appear on the Japanese retailer sites like Hobby Search.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I wish X-Plus would clarify when things are Japan exclusives...it can be rather confusing.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:02 pm I wish X-Plus would clarify when things are Japan exclusives...it can be rather confusing.
I'm just glad we have a few great sources stateside, even for the Japan Only stuff. AC seems to always have our back on those.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

ApexOversteer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:10 pm
Doc Phibes wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:28 pm I definitely want to get the standard '54. As an X-Plus newbie, I'm wondering if there is a preferable method for buying and shipping one to the US?
IMO, the best you're going to do is AwesomeCollector. $500 for the std.ver. and then shipping within the US, expected to be between $100 and $150, in July. Shipping it from Japan is going to be an absolute nightmare...

https://awesomecollector.com/collection ... rd-release
Thanks for the advice. I went with AC. Pricey, but he runs a professional site and I'll have a little faith in the AC enthusiasm expressed here. I just want to assure that I get one with as few headaches as possible. No plans to get a whole line of these big boys. There's simply not enough room in my apartment. And if I was going to do a X-Plus Gigantic, I knew it would have to be '54 or an equally iconic G. This one looks ideal.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Doc Phibes wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:23 am
ApexOversteer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:10 pm
Doc Phibes wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:28 pm I definitely want to get the standard '54. As an X-Plus newbie, I'm wondering if there is a preferable method for buying and shipping one to the US?
IMO, the best you're going to do is AwesomeCollector. $500 for the std.ver. and then shipping within the US, expected to be between $100 and $150, in July. Shipping it from Japan is going to be an absolute nightmare...

https://awesomecollector.com/collection ... rd-release
Thanks for the advice. I went with AC. Pricey, but he runs a professional site and I'll have a little faith in the AC enthusiasm expressed here. I just want to assure that I get one with as few headaches as possible. No plans to get a whole line of these big boys. There's simply not enough room in my apartment. And if I was going to do a X-Plus Gigantic, I knew it would have to be '54 or an equally iconic G. This one looks ideal.
AC is probably the best collectible site I've ever used. Jason's customer service is fantastic. He is extremely responsive to emails and messages on FB and really does work hard to make shipping convenient. Can't go wrong with AC, IMO.

Edit:
ApexOversteer wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:05 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:02 pm I wish X-Plus would clarify when things are Japan exclusives...it can be rather confusing.
I'm just glad we have a few great sources stateside, even for the Japan Only stuff. AC seems to always have our back on those.
Very true! Another reason why AC is the best around!
Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Managed to get a deal on X-Plus 30cm FW Goji, $145, didn't see the shipping was $45 tho so all in all with $15 tax it came out to $200 even.

I'm not sure if that's a deal though.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:05 am Managed to get a deal on X-Plus 30cm FW Goji, $145, didn't see the shipping was $45 tho so all in all with $15 tax it came out to $200 even.

I'm not sure if that's a deal though.
200 for a 30cm sounds like a good deal at face value.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Any idea if Ric is doing a second run of Rodan? I mean he sold out real fast. Obviously there was a demand for him.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:57 am Any idea if Ric is doing a second run of Rodan? I mean he sold out real fast. Obviously there was a demand for him.
Unlikely, I think. There probably would have been an annoucment by now. Who knows though, its certainly possible.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Snagged a No-box Battra larva for $275 (plus shipping), which means now I *have to* preorder Mothra lol
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

eleking007
Ronin

Post by eleking007 »

The RIC Rodan 2019 is still available for preorder on the US X-plus website until April 27.
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:57 am Any idea if Ric is doing a second run of Rodan? I mean he sold out real fast. Obviously there was a demand for him.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Japan Post's EMS service to the USA returns June 1st!! The prices will be going up a smidge, but looks to be WAY better than DHL, and may even be less than FEDEX...

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/2021f ... ms_en.html

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

So there's a 30cm Godzilla 1994? Just saw Awesome Collector has it up on pre-order. Guess I missed that announcement. I think its basically just Burning Godzilla repainted to look like the 94 suit but I mean they're basically the same thing.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

X Plus 30 cm Godzilla Ultima when?????
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Any news on the Harryhausen Cyclops? I hope it won't be delayed much.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:57 am So there's a 30cm Godzilla 1994? Just saw Awesome Collector has it up on pre-order. Guess I missed that announcement. I think its basically just Burning Godzilla repainted to look like the 94 suit but I mean they're basically the same thing.
Id probably be interested if it were suit accurate. Perhaps they'll release the Sakai Jr Awakening version. Then again I dont need any more Heisei Godzillas lmao

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I mean the Burning suit is the 94 suit with slight alterations.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 am I mean the Burning suit is the 94 suit with slight alterations.
I’d argue the alterations to the suit from 94 to 95 were more than “slight”, but that’s very obviously the 95 version of the suit without the burning paint apps. There’s other differences, but the dead giveaway is the dorsal fins. They were completely rearranged for 95, with the largest fins much higher up.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Haven’t seen this posted yet. New Sakai G’91 from his first battle scene with KG. RIC exclusive version has light up fins.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I love the pose!! I missed the closed mouth figure, Osaka one, and the shinjuku figure (which I think looks best) from a few years back. But I definitely want this! However... Need to wait. When I went to make a payment on my 2019 Rodan from AC, I accidentally paid the whole thing off. Sooooo, I can't justify dropping more money on toys for a bit.