Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by shadowgigan »

I really want this but...not sure if I can afford it. May need to sell some SHMAs and Bandais to get it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:35 am Its on the Shonen Ric site right now, $198. He's 25cm long and a 56cm wingspan (nearly 2 feet). So he'll be on the larger side, not that I mind.

https://us.ric-toy.com/psdr08r-wldna.html
Thanks, does us-ric charge immediately? Or upon shipment?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 am
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:35 am Its on the Shonen Ric site right now, $198. He's 25cm long and a 56cm wingspan (nearly 2 feet). So he'll be on the larger side, not that I mind.

https://us.ric-toy.com/psdr08r-wldna.html
Thanks, does us-ric charge immediately? Or upon shipment?
Immediately. I think its around 30 bucks cheaper on Awesome Collector and they have payment plans.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

On one hand I'm livid I missed the AC preorder for the RIC, on the other, I'm glad I managed to get a preorder in on the regular. Though I'm still pissed that a film accurate X-Plus is suddenly a "RIC"

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
Annnnnd my luck the "Preorder Capped" RIC is now available again after I put the Non refundable 50 in lol.

Added in 16 minutes 42 seconds:
Scratch that- Jason emailed me and said he put one off for me and he'll switch over the NRD. All hail AC
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

FYI, The 25cm Rodan is one piece apparently, so shipping from ShonenRIC is like $160 bucks...

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The description for the 25cm Rodan says "Display base will be different for the finished product", do you guys think the RIC'll include a nice jazzy cityscape?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:10 pm On one hand I'm livid I missed the AC preorder for the RIC, on the other, I'm glad I managed to get a preorder in on the regular. Though I'm still pissed that a film accurate X-Plus is suddenly a "RIC"

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
Annnnnd my luck the "Preorder Capped" RIC is now available again after I put the Non refundable 50 in lol.

Added in 16 minutes 42 seconds:
Scratch that- Jason emailed me and said he put one off for me and he'll switch over the NRD. All hail AC
AC is truly the best. Great customer service.

I also agree with you on the RIC paintjob. I feel its a bit ridiculous. They could have done it like the 95 and have the RIC be transluscent paint...but whatever. I'm too broke to collect X-Plus at the moment anyways. Will have to live vicariously through my fellow collectors for the next year.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Echoing the gripes about Rodan's color scheme. Thankfully that just made it an easier pass for me. Was also thinking about how if I did get him, then I'd fully fall down the rabbit hole and would also have to get Mothra and Ghidorah to complete the collection, and, well, just imagining a Ghidorah... :dizzy:

Almost certainly going to get the inevitable Kong 2021 though; the design is different enough from the 2017 one to justify having both. Plus I just adore his character and what the Monsterverse has done with him. :)
ApexOversteer wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:26 pm X-Plus figures aren't produced the same way as most mass-produced 'toys', they're much more similar to pre-built vinyl model kits. They take time and skill to assemble. This manner of production is a big part of why X-Plus is so expensive, they're essentially hand-built and hand-painted model kits. As a result no two are completely alike, and there can be quite a bit of variation in the final product, how it stands, the pose, etc.

Try moving his feet around. The Kong has a little bit of articulation side-to-side of the feet, to aid in stabilization. Other than that, if he hasn't toppled over yet, I can't imagine he would now, after standing so long.

I had the same Kong, and he did not like standing, but adjusting the feet, and some strategically placed 'BlueTac' mounting putty under his toes (just a thin pad of it) solved the issue for me. I preferred the putty to heating and trying to bend the figure because I felt the stability issue was due to how it was assembled, and forcing it into a new pose wasn't likely to work.
Wow, thanks for all the info! Really appreciate it. :D Might have to get some putty, too.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Just ordered the Standard Rodan. I have the ric DeForeal so don't need the burning "paint only" effect. Got a coupon and had reward points from Sideshow so it is dirt cheap for me.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:42 pm The description for the 25cm Rodan says "Display base will be different for the finished product", do you guys think the RIC'll include a nice jazzy cityscape?
Sadly, no... this is the difference they meant...

Added in 2 minutes 27 seconds:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:33 am Just ordered the Standard Rodan. I have the ric DeForeal so don't need the burning "paint only" effect. Got a coupon and had reward points from Sideshow so it is dirt cheap for me.
I'm pretty sure the std ver will have some subtle lava-esque drybrushing on the trailing edge of the wings...

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Man it sure is taking them long to announce the GvK line huh, could the Covid situation really delay the reveal that long? Competition such as the Omega Beast series from EZHOBI is knocking it out of the park lately and their upcoming projects are truly tantalizing. I wanna see XPlus respond sooner than later.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

X-Plus opens pre-orders for the Favorite Sculptors Line/Gigantic Series 1954 ShodaiGoji! The figure is in monochrome (Black and White) colorway, and the RIC feature is THREE in-scale Howitzer Cannons, as featured in the iconic promotional photos for the original film in 1954! Currently we only have pricing for the RIC ver, 58,300¥ ($533). The standard ver. should appear for pre-order very soon, hopefully priced closer to $450...

https://jp.ric-toy.com/pgis07r.html

X-Plus also opened pre-orders for the Real Masters Collection resin statue of the first Favorite Sculptors Line 1962 KinGoji, priced at 34,650¥ ($316). The RIC feature is light up fins, with the light unit being incorporated into a base for the figure!

https://jp.ric-toy.com/prkg06r.html

Both RIC versions should appear on the US RIC site soon!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

ultrazilla wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:05 pm Man it sure is taking them long to announce the GvK line huh, could the Covid situation really delay the reveal that long? Competition such as the Omega Beast series from EZHOBI is knocking it out of the park lately and their upcoming projects are truly tantalizing. I wanna see XPlus respond sooner than later.

It takes about a year for them to bring stuff out for these Legendary movies... the quickest turnaround was 7 months for the DefoReal G'19. Everything else is 10 months to a year after each film's release.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

ApexOversteer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 pm
ultrazilla wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:05 pm Man it sure is taking them long to announce the GvK line huh, could the Covid situation really delay the reveal that long? Competition such as the Omega Beast series from EZHOBI is knocking it out of the park lately and their upcoming projects are truly tantalizing. I wanna see XPlus respond sooner than later.

It takes about a year for them to bring stuff out for these Legendary movies... the quickest turnaround was 7 months for the DefoReal G'19. Everything else is 10 months to a year after each film's release.
I thought G19 Gigantic and Ric got announced right around the same time as when the movie launched didn't it, or am I remembering things wrong? Waiting for so long is a pain tho, glad we have other options now.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantic 1954 just dropped. Considering selling some things off for it. Really was hoping this would drop later in the year.

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

I definitely want to get the standard '54. As an X-Plus newbie, I'm wondering if there is a preferable method for buying and shipping one to the US?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

ultrazilla wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:53 am
ApexOversteer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 pm

I thought G19 Gigantic and Ric got announced right around the same time as when the movie launched didn't it, or am I remembering things wrong? Waiting for so long is a pain tho, glad we have other options now.
You have a point. The GigaG'19 came out at the same time as the DefoReal, 7 months after the movie, and I was going by release, not announcement, so yeah we'd have known they were coming earlier, but it does still take a little bit for them to tell us things are coming. I'm sure we'll see the first stuff before the end of the year, so we should see prototypes and announcements somewhat soonish, summer maybe?

Not that I'm eager, with the $500 I spent this morning... :freak:

Added in 5 minutes 7 seconds:
shadowgigan wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:24 am Gigantic 1954 just dropped. Considering selling some things off for it. Really was hoping this would drop later in the year.
I've been preparing for today for the past two months. When they showed us the prototype last year, it had a June release date on it already, so I figured we'd see the preorder in March, TBH. I've been selling DefoReals left and right to pay for the Giga'54 and the new Rodan'19. I'm on a payment plan through KaijuLive for the Rodan, and I paid AwesomeCollector in full for my Giga'54, and man, that's a gigantic weight off my shoulders, pun intended!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Has the RIC Rodan been confirmed to have the magma wings or are we still speculating? Either way, I will most likely be grabbing a Rodan '19 up.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Doc Phibes wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:28 pm I definitely want to get the standard '54. As an X-Plus newbie, I'm wondering if there is a preferable method for buying and shipping one to the US?
IMO, the best you're going to do is AwesomeCollector. $500 for the std.ver. and then shipping within the US, expected to be between $100 and $150, in July. Shipping it from Japan is going to be an absolute nightmare...

https://awesomecollector.com/collection ... rd-release

Added in 2 minutes 57 seconds:
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:06 pm Has the RIC Rodan been confirmed to have the magma wings or are we still speculating? Either way, I will most likely be grabbing a Rodan '19 up.
Yes. The only difference between the std. and the RIC is the paint app, with the RIC being brighter, more red with more "lava" highlights. The std. ver is darker, more brown and much less of the "lava", but not completely "lava-less"... I'm seeing hints of the lava on the std. ver as well.

These are both looking at the trailing edge of the left wing, and I see a bit of orange...

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I think shipping from AC may even be cheaper at this point. Correct me if I am wrong.