Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Someone order an X-Plus Mothra '92?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:40 pm Image

Ooooo where's that reveal from?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:51 pm

Ooooo where's that reveal from?
Popped up in a Discord.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Oh man. That is beautiful. I'm going to have to get this. Rent schment.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Online WonderFest event is supposed to be tonight. So there's sure to be more where that came from.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Of course the night I decide to pull the trigger on Ymir and Rhedo ughhhh

Added in 23 seconds:
Guarantee they show GvK and Mothra/Rodan figures, I'll be so livid

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Sorry it was supposed to be the 7th but I'm not sure Xplus revealed anything. I can't find much.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:09 pm Sorry it was supposed to be the 7th but I'm not sure Xplus revealed anything. I can't find much.
Thats why you should never expect anything from these events. Sometimes the reveals are underwhelming.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla21 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:39 am
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:09 pm Sorry it was supposed to be the 7th but I'm not sure Xplus revealed anything. I can't find much.
Thats why you should never expect anything from these events. Sometimes the reveals are underwhelming.
As long as there's no KOTM/GVK reveals anytime soon I think my wallet can recuperate by August :lol:. I'll be missing out on the 30cm MG, Mothra etc etc, but I guess it's a sacrifice I had to make for two epic Harryhausen figures and that Burning G exclusive.

Honestly it seems impossible to keep up with X-Plus lol, and I only have 4 currently.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

damn I may have to order Mothra!
I wish it was a Rainbow Mothra instead as they still not released that version.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, I gots a shoe-in for the Megalon thank God. Now I'm debating if I want to get the 1992 Mothra. If I'm going to get an X-Plus Mothra (and I am), I want a design that really POPS with color. Mothra 1992 is great and all. However, I really like the colors of the 2003/2004 Mothra that mixes the brightness of the Heisei era with the classic design of the Showa era. Thankfully I have a good half a year to decide. I'd also choose a Rainbow Mothra over them too because I'm a sucker for Rainbow's colors.

Quote of the Year:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:21 am Id love for them dip more into the Rebirth of Mothra series as well.
Same. But we will probably instead get another Shin but this time with his head looking slightly up instead of straight on! Only another $700!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Opened Megalon today. Was not at all prepared for how huge he is. Way bigger than I expected.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Somebody please tell me we're on the cusp of revealing the X-Plus GvK lineup, hopefully this month? What would be the most likely first wave of Gigantic and Ric?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

ultrazilla wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:28 pm Somebody please tell me we're on the cusp of revealing the X-Plus GvK lineup, hopefully this month? What would be the most likely first wave of Gigantic and Ric?
I wouldn't expect any more Legendary Gigantics for a while. Anything is possible of course, but Standard G'19, RIC G'19, Burning G'19 and RIC Burning G'19 is a bunch of Gigantics for the Monsterverse, in such a short span of time. It took X-Plus 3 years to get to that many Shin Gigantics...

Kong has to be a Star Ace release apparently, probably due to how the rights are licensed. All the Kongs and the Skullcrawler too have been branded Star Ace. I don't believe that Star Ace has ever released a Gigantic Series product, in any license. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that Star Ace hasn't done a 25cm product. They did just do the 20cm Kong, first product of that scale, so Star Ace can move into other scales.

Now, we do have the 25cm Rodan'19 coming at some point, I'm assuming this year.

I would not be surprised to see a matching 25cm scale Mothra'19 and possibly a 25cm Ghidorah'19 in a Fenway Fight/wing-walking pose being announced this year.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

People love Legendary Gs and despite how XPlus pushed out so many of the Gigantics they still get sold instantly. So where there's money to be made I feel like they'll maintain the fast release pacing coz why not? I mean as long as they make the new ones interesting, different enough and maybe even improved than the Kotm line, surely it would be a good business decision no? It's just hard to envision GvK without any Gigantics when the movie is supposedly The most hyped up, marketed MV movie yet. At the very least give me Gigantic Kong and MechaG.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Do we know if Burning G is coming later this month or the beginning?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ApexOversteer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 pm
ultrazilla wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:28 pm Somebody please tell me we're on the cusp of revealing the X-Plus GvK lineup, hopefully this month? What would be the most likely first wave of Gigantic and Ric?
I wouldn't expect any more Legendary Gigantics for a while. Anything is possible of course, but Standard G'19, RIC G'19, Burning G'19 and RIC Burning G'19 is a bunch of Gigantics for the Monsterverse, in such a short span of time. It took X-Plus 3 years to get to that many Shin Gigantics...
If I'm not mistaken, X-Plus sold the Gigantic Burning Godzilla excusively on the ric site as a Ric-Exclusive. There was only one version of Burning G. The do have a 25 cm coming out.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Also anyone know where in the world did this come from? Is this X-Plus at all? This looks like GvK pose right, from that Yuji Sakai price A model.