Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla21
Keizer

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Godzilla21 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:28 am
Godzilla21 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 pm Ya their pace has really slowed this year. On top of the fact that they just delayed a bunch of RIC versions of figures (including the RIC Gigantic 54).

They better step up. They arent the only game in town anymore.
But what other company really does what they do with the same kind of quality, accuracy and character diversity?
Currently none but we see Spiral, Omega, and Prime 1 getting ready to hit the high end market with their stuff. Thats what I meant by "anymore". If these other brands start to catch on when they finally start releasing stuff X Plus will need to step up.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Random question - Anybody know whatever happened to the 6" "Toho Maniacs" line they revealed earlier this year? I had high hopes for that.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:28 am
Godzilla21 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 pm Ya their pace has really slowed this year. On top of the fact that they just delayed a bunch of RIC versions of figures (including the RIC Gigantic 54).

They better step up. They arent the only game in town anymore.
But what other company really does what they do with the same kind of quality, accuracy and character diversity?
Nobody. Yet. Competition is always good however. I’m sure it will force XPlus to excel. And tbh, I think they can probably afford to slow down. I’ve begun to think the Kaiju market was artificially inflated during the height of the virus as we saw with other collectible markets. I understand the want to take a pause and see what the market is doing.

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
Shenanigans wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:39 pm Random question - Anybody know whatever happened to the 6" "Toho Maniacs" line they revealed earlier this year? I had high hopes for that.

I would except them to be released within the year, unless they go the route of MKG.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

So they're just gonna skip the GvK Gigantics this year judging by how silent they've been lately? Seems like a really big missed opportunity for them to do so if that's the case. While on the plus side at least Prime 1 is rolling out all the high end 50cm figures from GvK so that'll keep me happy. Just a shame I couldn't see what XPlus has in offer, they make some of the best looking Godzilla figures out there.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I doubt we'd see a GvK Gigantic Godzilla. I don't think he's different enough from KotM Godzilla to warrant a completely new sculpt. I'd imagine we'd get a Gigantic of Godzilla Ultima before a GvK Gigantic.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

From the land beyond beyond... from the world past hope and fear...

My Star Ace X-Plus Harryhausen Cyclops standard edition just arrived. Sheer perfection. Like he walked right out of The Seventh Voyage Of Sinbad or was stolen via time machine from Harryhausen's 1950s studio. The detail is extraordinary. The mouth/lower jaw is held in by a magnet/peg combo, which when removed gives you access to a little rod connected to the back of his eyeball, giving you the ability to control where it is looking. He's well balanced to stand without the diorama base.

I'm so happy. This was completely worth the money, the wait, and the anxiety. Just incredible!

Edit: There's one small but puzzling mistake. It's something you wouldn't notice unless looking up close under bright light, so I don't mind much. The eye of the Cyclops has an authentic dark brown iris... but no pupil! I just checked the Blu-ray and in the closeup of the Cyclops just before it is blinded, you can see it does have a pupil. Like I said, I don't really mind... but how did they forget that?
Last edited by Doc Phibes on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:45 am I doubt we'd see a GvK Gigantic Godzilla. I don't think he's different enough from KotM Godzilla to warrant a completely new sculpt. I'd imagine we'd get a Gigantic of Godzilla Ultima before a GvK Gigantic.
I beg to differ. The blue veins are much more prominent and widespread throughout his body when charged up especially during the drilling of Hollow Earth. That plus a complete new pose would look phenomenal. Also Godzilla on all four would be a great option for the Ric. Then there's Kong and Mechagodzilla Gigantic, so much potential here really.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

They haven't even finished KotM yet. Though I do fully believe a 30cm 2021 Kong is a strong possibility. I would in no way expect a Gigantic just yet though 30cm figures are very likely.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Do we know if X-Plus has been on schedule with their recent releases? I have Mothra, Rhedo and Rodan on pre-order, and I'm wondering if they're all dropping in August or what the dealio is lol.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Five days ago, Awesome Collector hit me up with the shipping invoice for my X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 1954 Favorite Sculptors, which has always been scheduled for July. So that one seems fairly on time.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thanks for lettin me know Doc Phibes,

I'm hyped for these releases, but I'm paying those payment plans in increments. So I'm hoping Mothra and Rodan don't drop simultaneously X_X

Do we know if X-Plus usually ships at the end of the month? Or is it usually random? I'm on my 7th X-Plus and I still don't know the release rhythm :lol:
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

The G 1954 Favorite Sculptors arrived today. Words cannot do it justice. As if it walked out of the movie and into my apartment. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to go old school so magnificently once I decided to splurge on a really big X-Plus G.

Pictures of it are popping up on Twitter and Instagram.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I have been anxiously awaiting the inevitable announcement of a Godzilla Ultima X-Plus figure. Seriously, I need one.

Aqualitus, Amphibia, Terrestris would be cool too. :)
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

I'm looking forward to that Serizawa Toho Maniacs figure. Even though it will obviously not be to scale, it will make a nice complimentary piece for my huge G '54.

Oh, and I just broke down and ordered my first Defo-Real, the imminent Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes figure of Koba with the machine gun. It's the first Defo I've seen that completely won me over. So malevolent and scary. Plus, I love the character, one of the best Hollywood villains of this century.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I got the Deforeal Burning Godzilla. I am very pleased of it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:10 am I have been anxiously awaiting the inevitable announcement of a Godzilla Ultima X-Plus figure. Seriously, I need one.

Hopefully 30cm. There's a model kit going around that shows how gorgeous a 30cm Xplus could look and I'm all for it.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:42 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:10 am I have been anxiously awaiting the inevitable announcement of a Godzilla Ultima X-Plus figure. Seriously, I need one.

Hopefully 30cm. There's a model kit going around that shows how gorgeous a 30cm Xplus could look and I'm all for it.
I wouldn’t be opposed to a Gigantic series Ultima, but I’m also hoping for a 30cm.

Also, what? A model kit? Do you have an image and/or link to this model kit? I’d like to check it out for myself. :D
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Jermobooka wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:14 pm
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:42 pm

I wouldn’t be opposed to a Gigantic series Ultima, but I’m also hoping for a 30cm.

Also, what? A model kit? Do you have an image and/or link to this model kit? I’d like to check it out for myself. :D

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Also, what? A model kit? Do you have an image and/or link to this model kit? I’d like to check it out for myself. :D
Wow…

That looks gorgeous.

Now I just want an Ultima X-Plus even more. :cry: