Creative Pictures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Creative Pictures Thread

Post by canofhumdingers »

I’d say, with that pose, you need him either fighting another kaiju (ducking out of the way, perhaps) or use a really low angle looking-up-from-the-ground perspective.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

canofhumdingers wrote:I’d say, with that pose, you need him either fighting another kaiju (ducking out of the way, perhaps) or use a really low angle looking-up-from-the-ground perspective.
I think you're right, forced perspective, perhaps even utilize the outdoor vistas I'm beginning to use.

The problem with trying to find an opponent for him is scaling. He's not 25cm, he's not 30cm, he's kind of a scale all his own, being one of those early 2000's carded X-Plus figures. I've looked for others in that line, and when I do find them, they're expensive. We'll see, definitely going to keep him in mind, though...

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Since the anime books I've been thinking a lot in the concept of Mothra's scales being able to deflect Godzilla's Atomic Beam, and I wanted to take a pic of how I imagine that would look; I envision it as some prism of sorts. I'd love if someone reuses that concept in the future. Give Mothra more chances to win over Godzilla!

Plus, Godzilla attacks!
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Been working on a shot for almost a month now, and it's been so frustrating, and ultimately a failure... I haven't even taken the finished shot yet, still taking tests, and I already know the effort is a failure... but, we don't always get the shot we want, sometimes we get the shot we're given. This is a partial test with incomplete lighting, incomplete setting, and missing props...

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Dude, those '84 images are pure badassery!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

"She flies in low, over the skyline of our city, on her way to engage the great reptilian threat in battle for her egg. Her wings cover the sky, her cries shatter the stillness as she passes over us, the entire city struck silent, awed at her presence.

We had been warned to return the egg, from where it had come, but pride, or greed have won out over our better judgement, and now, we shall all suffer the consequences of our misguided sense of superiority over nature, our belief that we alone hold domain over this world.

Please, Goddess Moth, forgive us our ignorance."

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

She rules the high plateau at the center of the island. This is her hunting ground, her domain. The ape killed her children, the men took the ape, and now she is the largest living thing in this cursed land, this island hell.

Sleeping through the day, she awakens when the burning sun makes it's dive into the Western sea, and the glens and glades cool, driving the herds back onto the meadow, back to her. Tonight she hunts, tonight she will feast.

Vastatosaurus regis, The Enormous Lizard Queen.

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Damn ApexOversteer you're so fucking good..... I'm always amazed at your work. Keep'em coming.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

goji89 wrote:Damn ApexOversteer you're so fucking good..... I'm always amazed at your work. Keep'em coming.
Thank you so much! Honestly, these were super simple to take, just set the V.rex on the roof of the car at an Eastward facing scenic overlook in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which is local to me, with the sun already below the mountain behind me. Not quite sunset, a couple hours before, but because of the shadow of the mountain, I get that soft "golden hour" light earlier in the evening.

The reactions from other people pulling into the overlook were pretty funny... "Mommy... why does that man have a dinosaur on top of his car?" :lol:

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

"Tonight the part of 'Nosferatu' will be played by Godzilla."

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

"Whachu skeeronkin' 'bout, Zilla?"

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

ApexOversteer wrote:"Whachu skeeronkin' 'bout, Zilla?"

I should have picked up that one. Very nice.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

^ That's one of the coolest pictures I've seen in a while

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tohokyo city government announces ¥3Trillion construction project downtown, creating a new business district. Workers to begin breaking ground on the new downtown area.... now!

Messing around in front of my second monitor...

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

We Interrupt Dance Party Marathon For Special Breaking News!

This just in! King Kong of Faro Island, brought to Japan by Pacific Pharmaceuticals as their advertising mascot, has confronted the rampaging Godzilla, in the lowland forest, outside Sendai!

The government has asked that you stay clear of the area, for your own safety! If the monsters approach your area, seek shelter, stay indoors, and listen to this station for more breaking news and information!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. This has been Radio Tohokyo!

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.