What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Image Image
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

More YMSF's I probably should stop buying.

Coming in tomorrow:
Clear Blue Manda (Straight ver.), Bememoth 2nd Colors version, Chibi Hedorah, Clear/Gold Glitter Biogoji

Shipping out:
New Hedorah Bundle, Chibi 62/64 (3rd color version)
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Pretty amazing story behind this image, today was an amazing accident.

First, Golden Hedorah, JJ, and Sarunga arrived, great!

Next, was the big surprise. I was looking to buy a desk, and went to a second hand store named 2nd Street (imagine the goodwill of Japan).

I walked in and saw the Movie Exclusive Godzilla, and the Gamera figures. You'll notice one bag with Space Gyaos, Viras and Nezura is unopened and the opened ones are pristine. They were hilariously underpriced. I double checked them to make sure anything wasn't wrong or that they were bootlegs or damaged. They weren't!

....Except for the Godzilla Theater Exclusive.

It was 1500 yen. Why? Because it was "damaged". The shop guy said "the leg won't move". He didn't clarify and I didn't care and I took a hunch that some idiot just glued the leg and sealed it like that. Sure enough, I was right, The leg was super glued, but all I needed was a q-tip and some warm water. Sure the figure didn't have a tag, but it was still a fantastic deal.

And those Gamera toys? The unopened bag was 3000 yen. I've seen that specifically sold for way higher. Absolute steal and I may return tomorrow get get a Gamera V Zigra set I saw.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Man, I really dig that gold Hedorah. But I now have so many different off brand colors for the character, I honestly don't know if I want any more. Like why can't we get a gold MechaGodzilla or Gigan... or something?

But annnnyway

SHMA SP Rodan is on the way, along with the new MMS trio (Daimajin, Battra and Megaguirus) and the Spark Dolls (Ultra 500) of Ultraman Xenon, Neos, Seven 21, Reibasser, Sphere Red King, Alien Gregole Grace, and Fake Dyna. But the real star is the YMSF complete Hedorah set.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:19 pm Image Image
Very cool. :pelops2: Great to see some Nendos in a Godzilla collectible thread.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legit just shipped everything out on Friday for like $30. Already here. :D

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Pulled the trigger on:

Quote of the Year:

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:21 pm image
What brand of Battra is that? Looks like it scales much better with 6 inch figures than the one I currently own
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Missingno. wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:15 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:21 pm image
What brand of Battra is that? Looks like it scales much better with 6 inch figures than the one I currently own
The newly released Bandai MMS one.

Quote of the Year:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've been extremely lucky to come across a bit of excess change and school returns, which meant extra kaiju merch pick-ups this month lol. Figured this would be a good spot to kinda look upon the things my wallet sacrificed its life for since it'll probably be quite a while till i can spend like this again :lol: (Waiting for all of these items to show up as we speak)

Godzilla Store Limited Movie Monster Series Mechagodzilla 1975 Damage Color ver.

S.H. Monsterarts Hedorah 50th Anniversary Special Set

Y-MSF Purple Eyed Kumonga

Y-MSF Behemoth

S.H. Monsterarts GvK Mechagodzilla

S.H.MonsterArts Gigan (Great Decisive Battle Ver.)

Bandai Vinyl 9" Keizer Ghidorah

Custom painted G14/G19 heads (Don't know whether they're Zetto.jo's or Whalezilla's though)

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:20 pm The newly released Bandai MMS one.
Appreciate the heads up. I now have one on the way :D
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Cyberdra_1
Ronin

Post by Cyberdra_1 »

Ordered the SH Monsterarts Monster X from a seller in Japan. Now all I have to do is wait "patiently" for what will be the inevitable near month for it to get here.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SP Salunga, Shin Neronga and Shin Gabora. Gabora is my favorite of the bunch and has made me love the design even more than I already did, same with Neronga.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Got the 2021 MMS Gorosaurus.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I haven't bought anything in months, outside of preorders, but this Monday I will be getting the new Daimajin and Megaguirus.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

MMS Daimajin, Battra & Magaguirus shipped yesterday, together with some Ultra monster vinyls. Can't wait for this package to arrive.
Size DOES matter!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Spoiler:
New arrivals! X-Plus Deforeal Godzilla 1989 and
Spoiler:
SHFA Shin Zoffy
!
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Bought Megagurius and Daimajin, my first new figures since July, not counting the recent Super7 preorders.

EDIT: Ooops, already posted about that. Teehee
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Snagged a SHMA Mechagodzilla (1993) and Ultimate Weapons Set 1. I thought about painting the beam effect that comes with the weapons set green for the Super X 2's fire mirror, but figured I may as well keep it as it is; so I instead found custom pieces that I now have on the way to fulfill that effect!
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

This is the appetizer for what is about to come!

I'm so happy with these, I'm going to purchase more. I'm not the biggest final wars fan, but I love the weird X-Seijin design, and wish it appeared more for than just a second. It's such a weird figure to make. Love the Ganimes, Gabara, and Baby Rodan themed figures as well.

The New Hedorah and Battras are great too!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.