What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by G1985 »

shadowgigan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:05 pm I won the SHMA Gamera '95 in an online raffle of sorts. Just got here today. Now I have to figure out how to make room for it.
It will never fit into your collection - you should just get rid of it now before the disappointment sets in.

Better still, send it to me and I will get rid of it for you! I promise that you'll never see it again.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yes Salunga should be here tomorrow hopefully. That was pretty damn fast.

Added in 1 hour 40 minutes 2 seconds:
Never mind its already out for delivery. :lol:
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yah!
Image Image
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Salunga/Gabara looks really cool!

I only have the Varan, Manda and Anguirus but it looks like he'd go well with them. Now if only Bandai would make the ORIGINAL Gabara... :roll:

I've got a couple of Shin Ultraman vinyls coming. Also bought back the Monster King 2016 which I regretfully had to sell a few years back. It seems that the 6 inch figures stay in circulation but anything outside of that is only here briefly. Which is a shame since the Mega Movie Monster series Ultras are way better in quality.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I think the SP line might be some of my favorite Bandai vinyls. Love how the designs translated to vinyl. They've got quite a lot of character.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Well, finally got one of these:

Paid more than I would have liked to, but I still got it significantly less than the usual asking prices you see. Anyone know why this figure in particular is so expensive? Its confusing to me because the Meltdown Godzilla is WAY cooler looking but usually goes for about half the price as the glittery boy. Its strange to me.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:12 am Well, finally got one of these:

Paid more than I would have liked to, but I still got it significantly less than the usual asking prices you see. Anyone know why this figure in particular is so expensive? Its confusing to me because the Meltdown Godzilla is WAY cooler looking but usually goes for about half the price as the glittery boy. Its strange to me.
I can't speak for everything (someone like Legion is definitely more knowledgeable on this) but it's just an extremely unique piece. The Meltdown might look nicer (YMMV) but it's still just another "theater exclusive-type" figure. The "Disco Godzilla" (As I remember it being called back in the day) just stands out more.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think that's pretty much it. It's unique.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Just got the deforeal Jet Jaguar shipped to me, I’ll post pics later, but it’s a really cool looking piece, glad I got the one with the glowing eyes.
He Jock it Made of Steel

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:12 am Well, finally got one of these:

Congratulations! Such a grail. Arguably Bandai's best Godzilla piece.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Some recent things Ive gotten:

Havent arrived yet:
(This one is gonna need some work done to it)

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

I can't post pics yet, but I picked up a few new figures including MMS Gamera and Millennium Godzilla.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Finally managed to get the SHMA Mothra '92 Adult & Larva Special Color Ver. Set in my hands. Searched for this for quite some time now and finally got them for a halfway reasonable price! :Mothra61:
Size DOES matter!

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Well, as I said on the prior page, I got the SCV Ghidorah recently, and no matter what I do, Jet Jaguar fighting it or any other monster looks like an Ultraman parody on my shelf:

And a week after I got him, I saw the listing for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 10th Anniversary Alduin, done in gold. While not a Toho monster, it looks so much like if Ghidorah had Servum like Godzilla did in the anime movies, that it fits perfectly. I call this "Stay Puft's day goes downhill fast".

I am looking forward to the preorders opening for that Monster Hunter bubble dragon, but I haven't seen it yet.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

Nice display! Are those all 3D prints you did or did you order them somewhere?

I liked the previous SCV Ghidorah, but I don't think it works on that design as well. But he definitely is a commanding presence on the shelf!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

HE'S SO SPARKLY!!!!

Marusan 50th Anniversary, G-Store Exclusive GIGAN!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

That looks really nice. Kinda looks like some of the recent Webb space telescope photos…

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I never thought the day would come but I am about to be the owner of BOTH xplus Godzilla 1998 figures. So weird feeling. For years I thought I would never have a chance of finding these then randomly within a few months of each other I end up getting both.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

^ Always loved the more toyetic vinyl look of that figure. How big is he compared to modern X Plus stuff?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Unfortunately Im probably the worst person to ask since these are the only xplus figures Ive bought.
But maybe this size comparison will be useful for you
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.