What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by shadowgigan »

KingCornetto wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:28 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:40 am New Y-MSF Open Mouth, Dark Horse Comics Colored Godzilla 1989 & Minilla
Man, I didn’t even know about that Dark Horse Godzilla figure. Between that and the reprints, does anyone know why that series is getting so much love right now?
Because it's awesome!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just ordered!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:20 pm Image

Just ordered!
Funny, I just got the Bandai DX version in the mail today from BBTS

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Pulled the trigger on both BANDAI Fantazzzy Toys Hedorahs: the normal color & pink color version. Got both bundled for not too much over MSRP, so I had to make an impulse buy.
Size DOES matter!

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Petezilla wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:18 pm Pulled the trigger on both BANDAI Fantazzzy Toys Hedorahs: the normal color & pink color version. Got both bundled for not too much over MSRP, so I had to make an impulse buy.
I own a Y-MSF Hedorah with the same exact paint job as the pink Fantazzzy Toys figure, trust me when I say you'll be staring at it, probably a lot :Hedorah:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I’m on a roll today. Picked up the X Plus Godzilla 1995 vinyl kit by Sakai.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Preordered Monster X, waiting for FinalGoji to be shipped, and waiting on the Mezco DAM set from AC. Outside of that, I picked up the Power Rangers x TMNT set and I've fallen in love with Mattel's JW Hammond Collection. I've been wanting to get into JP/JW for a while, but I just wasn't interested in the usual toys. The Hammond Collection came out guns blazing, and gave us solid quality with articulation at a good price. I wish they would've done this with the Amber Collection, but this saves me money and space.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

shadowgigan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:49 am Just got the T's Facto Millenium Concept II resin kit.

That’s awesome. But man… that tail… looks like it’d break if you blink!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

KingKaiju wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:48 am I've fallen in love with Mattel's JW Hammond Collection. I've been wanting to get into JP/JW for a while, but I just wasn't interested in the usual toys. The Hammond Collection came out guns blazing, and gave us solid quality with articulation at a good price. I wish they would've done this with the Amber Collection, but this saves me money and space.
Ditto here! Have you seen their upcoming Hammond Collection T-Rex?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

canofhumdingers wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:40 am
shadowgigan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:49 am Just got the T's Facto Millenium Concept II resin kit.

That’s awesome. But man… that tail… looks like it’d break if you blink!
Bruh I’m not building it until I move and I’m in the safest location ever. It’s nerve racking just looking at it lol

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Apparently this custom Godzilla 2021 is coming in two days, so thats nice.

I hate that I simultaneously am kinda tired of Monsterverse Godzilla but keep buying more figures of him.

Oh also, custom is done by Walterthe1. I paid $300, which is more than it is worth, but I always like to pay extra for customs to support my fellow artists.

It actually feels weird buying Godzilla figures again, since I was on an alien kick for so long.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Wed May 11, 2022 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

G1985 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:49 pm
KingKaiju wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:48 am I've fallen in love with Mattel's JW Hammond Collection. I've been wanting to get into JP/JW for a while, but I just wasn't interested in the usual toys. The Hammond Collection came out guns blazing, and gave us solid quality with articulation at a good price. I wish they would've done this with the Amber Collection, but this saves me money and space.
Ditto here! Have you seen their upcoming Hammond Collection T-Rex?
Preordered on BBTS! Hoping that I find one at Target before it ships. :lol: Can't wait! The Ceratosaurus looks awesome too!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

SHMA Godzilla 2004 & Jet Jaguar 2021 arrived today. Really awesome looking, super flexible figures. However, Godzillas's arms feel... unusually long & flimsy. And I will probably never display JJ with any of its' humongously huge accessories...
Size DOES matter!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

This arrived yesterday! 50th Anniversary Purple Glitter Gigan!
Spoiler:
My collection of Marusan and high-end figures grows larger! Great colors.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu May 19, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not a bad week...

Playmates Gorosaurus & Battle Roar MechaGodzilla '21
Ultra Act Ultraman Cosmos, Imitation Ultraman, Jean Killer, and Glen Fire
Bandai Battle Box King Ghidorah vs. Mothra Larva
Yuji Sakai Complete Works Godzilla 1965 Diorama (replacement for one that broke...)
Godzilla vs. Kong Bandai MMS Special Set Released with Japanese Blu-Ray
Ultraman Geed Fusion Up Exclusive SPARK DOLL!!!!
SHMA Godzilla 2004

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Last week I got the Theater Exclusive Godzilla 2003.
This week Im getting Biollante (the original Bandai)
Next week Im getting the 92 Mothra larva and Hyper Hobby GMK figure. I also got a custom Godzilla Ultima with WhaleZilla's head on the way, as well as the original Great Monster Series 1964.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I haven't actually bought this, but a week after I get SCV Ghidorah, BBTS posted an interesting dragon from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (which I know nothing about, I'm just copying the text) "10th Anniversary Alduin" in gold. I know nothing about this character but he sure does look like what would happen if Ghidorah had 'offshoots' like the Servum from the Godzilla anime movies. Not sure if I will buy it, but it's not expensive and I'm seriously tempted:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/201757

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

This figure is way better than I thought. For some reason I was under the impression that the sculpt for it was really poor and way worse than the MMS version. And yeah, the MMS version IS better sculpted, but not by much. Its still a super strong sculpt and I MUCH PREFER the tentacles here, as well as the much better paint colors. I love that sorta olive-peridot green color that occasionally pops up on old Bandai figures- the large scale 95 Gamera also comes to mind- and this is definitely going on the favorite figures list.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Yeah, that old Biollante is no masterpiece, but when you get yourself into that early 90s mindset it suddenly becomes a pretty awesome figure. I remember when I saw it when it first came out and thought the damn thing was fantastic.