What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:45 am
shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:10 am Progress on my second kit, which is a Kaiyodo Godzilla 1989.

:shock:

It's BEAUTIFUL :cry:

Also...... get away from the ledge man, it's gonna fall my anxiety is through the roof.
I have a "Toho Eiga" pre-assembled, pre-painted bootleg of that same kit and yes, it is truly a beautiful thing. The "Toho Eiga" model bootlegs were so prevalent at one point they got their own "Beware of Bootlegs!" write-up on Club Tokyo! Here's mine, next to my SHMA KKK G89:

Last edited by G1985 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

G1985 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:36 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:10 am Progress on my second kit, which is a Kaiyodo Godzilla 1989.

Also...... get away from the ledge man, it's gonna fall my anxiety is through the roof.
I have a "Toho Eiga" pre-assembled, pre-painted bootleg of that same kit and yes, it is truly a beautiful thing. The "Toho Eiga" model bootlegs were so prevalent at one point they got their own "Beware of Bootlegs!" write-up on Club Tokyo! Here's mine, next to my SHMA KKK G89:

Damn, it is a beaut. I don't do model kits because I suck but damn you guy's are good.....*squints eyes* a little too good.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:15 pm
G1985 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Damn, it is a beaut. I don't do model kits because I suck but damn you guy's are good.....*squints eyes* a little too good.
I just started and I have to say it is much more rewarding than buying premade figures. This might even get me off the X-Plus train for a little while. I literally know nothing about paint lol, I just ask people who are good what I should do. A month ago I had no idea what an oil wash was, etc.
But yes, I love the sculpt on this kit. It really does a great job of showing just how menacing, ferocious, and powerful Godzilla can be, which is perfectly exemplified by the BioGoji suit. I mean just look at the utter disdain in his expression. I know its the wrong film, but this is clearly not Mr. Shindo's savior!

Oh, I did move him to a safer location however :lol: And by the way, that KKK 89 sculpt is fantastic. Maybe even better than the X-Plus Sakais.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I just got the Bandai MMS Hedorah and it is arguably one of the best Bandai vinyls out there in terms of detail, paint, sculpt. All of the important things. But its soooooooooo tiny. I love it, but I think I want a bigger one. I'm eyeing the YMSF figure, and though this might not be a good thread to ask in, I was wondering if anyone had both figures and could take a size comparison photo for me.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Other than Harryhausens Ymir and Rhedosaurus, I have these figures coming over the next month-4 months.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:45 pm Other than Harryhausens Ymir and Rhedosaurus, I have these figures coming over the next month-4 months.
I'm still in the air about getting Heisei Mothra. I want a X-Plus Mothra, just not sure if I should pull the trigger on her or wait for my preferred SOS/FW Mothra or Rainbow. Plus, they didn't really capture the look of her fuzziness very well. She doesn't look soft to the touch ('cause she isn't...), but hard rough (she is) like concrete.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Bought all the most recent Monster Arts Bandai figures, as well as a bottle of King Ghidorah Shoju. It's all timed to arrive on my birthday on Friday so whoopee.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Adeno
Monarch Researcher

Post by Adeno »

I miss my old Monsterarts G19 which I sold last year, so I ended up buying a $35 bootleg from Legend Creation.

Although he seems to be the same exact size and has all the details of the original as far as I remember, the quality of the plastic used on it feels like Hasbro plastic. Soft, gummy. The paint job is horrible on the mouth, I had to scrape off the red paint on his left snout. His tail is loose and can't hold a pose at all. At least none of the joints broke. Hopefully I can tighten his tail joints but I'll have to figure out a way to do so.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:45 pm Other than Harryhausens Ymir and Rhedosaurus, I have these figures coming over the next month-4 months.
I'm still in the air about getting Heisei Mothra. I want a X-Plus Mothra, just not sure if I should pull the trigger on her or wait for my preferred SOS/FW Mothra or Rainbow. Plus, they didn't really capture the look of her fuzziness very well. She doesn't look soft to the touch ('cause she isn't...), but hard rough (she is) like concrete.
Honestly growing up I was always closest to the Heisei version, that was like the Mothra for me, no clue why, I've just always had an affinity for that movie. It could very well be that I was conditioned into liking it by the old G fighting games Unleashed, Melee and Save the Earth.

As far as the concrete texturing, I'd say it's pretty close to the source, all things considered, she had a much thicker coat in BFTE than in her other incarnations.

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:55 am Bought all the most recent Monster Arts Bandai figures, as well as a bottle of King Ghidorah Shoju. It's all timed to arrive on my birthday on Friday so whoopee.
Ayyy my birthdays on the 26th lol
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Unfortunately I'm seriously low on funds as of late. My Jet Jaguar and Aquitalis should be here in a couple days though.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah apparently somehow Jet Jaguar sold out before my order went through so they canceled my order but Aquitalis did arrive.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Finally found the Mega Kong, Playmates Burning Godzilla and the FYE Glow Blast Godzilla.

The hunt for Warbat, Mega Godzilla and Battle Roar Godzilla continues on. Maybe next weekend. My walmart seems to be getting more and more in each time I go. I will say this, I haven't hunted for Godzilla toys in physical stores this hard in ages. This takes me back to when I was a kid, scanning the isles for Trendmasters.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Just scored this bad boy for $150. I think thats a good deal, its the cheapest I've ever seen it on eBay.

Also got this fella for $80

Added in 2 hours 57 minutes 43 seconds:
DAMN. Back to back Spacegodzilla action. And Im not even mad. Just reserved the Memorial Box spacegodzilla for $30. Which seems like a fucking steal if ever I saw one. I can't imagine the memorial box figure being LESS expensive than the standard release.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Scored Rei's Gomora for $25 shipped les'goooooooooooo

Added in 4 minutes 49 seconds:
Forgot if I mentioned but I also nabbed the Metallic paintjob King Caesar with card for $55 even.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Continuing on my little renaissance of classic ultra kaiju vinyls, I managed to find classic Hipporito (2000), Eleking (2005), and Tyrant (?) for $46 shipped, I'd say that's reasonable right?

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
And yes I'm totally attempting to buy all the figures I used to see in stop motion videos growing up.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

I picked up the just-released Funko Pop! keychain of Godzilla. IMO it's too nice to get beat up in my pocket, so I took the keychain part off and now have it displayed on a shelf next to the NECA 2014 "scaler" figure.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Finally pulled the trigger on a SHFA Ultraman Ace. Been wanting one for a few months now, but really didn't want to spend over $100. Patience is a virtue, lol. Now I just need Jack to catch up on the Showa lineup.

Got this entire set of minis, including the 1954 prototype chase.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

This week's scores:
Finally bought these two, after the seller held them for me a few weeks
Got what I still think is the best destroyah figure
Snagged this guy for $10. No idea what it is.
And of course the Memorial Box space Godzilla I mentioned before.

Considering my Ghidorah isnt here yet, Im looking at a 6 figure week. Super exciting.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

^That last Godzilla is from the “Hyper Godzilla” line of large candy toys by Bandai. I have the same sculpt in a translucent red “meltdown” color way. It has also been release with minimal orange paint as a burning Godzilla variant and with a better full paint job as burning Godzilla in a “history box” set of 6 fully painted Hyper Godzilla reissues (‘54, ‘62, ‘64, ‘84, ‘95, ‘99)

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^Aw man, I always wanted that set as a kid. The sculpts are dope.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.