What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Mechagigan wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:51 pm Recently made two wicked additions to the collection; a beautiful Marmit GMK Godzilla, and the new ReAction Shogun Godzilla.

I really love the Marmit! The sculpt is absolutely spot on. It really captures GMK's beer belly better than any other figure I've seen... :mrgreen: Not to mention the super cool looking color scheme. Not too tacky, as I feel some Marmits can be - sorta makes the figure look like a proper piece of art.

The Mini-Shogun is just as awesome. Looks just like the classic figure, just scaled down! The super accurate box is a great touch, too. I'd love to see more figures of the Shogun-Zilla design.
Very nice. The GMK is a beut. Curious though, since its been A LONG time since I got mine when it first came out... How much he cost ya'? Don't see him pop up all the time anymore.

Also, just pretty much burnt through a big chunk of my collection budget for the month... -_-

Bandai Premium Fake Godzilla Set

CCP Ghidorah

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:56 pm
Mechagigan wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:51 pm Recently made two wicked additions to the collection; a beautiful Marmit GMK Godzilla, and the new ReAction Shogun Godzilla.

I really love the Marmit! The sculpt is absolutely spot on. It really captures GMK's beer belly better than any other figure I've seen... :mrgreen: Not to mention the super cool looking color scheme. Not too tacky, as I feel some Marmits can be - sorta makes the figure look like a proper piece of art.

The Mini-Shogun is just as awesome. Looks just like the classic figure, just scaled down! The super accurate box is a great touch, too. I'd love to see more figures of the Shogun-Zilla design.
Very nice. The GMK is a beut. Curious though, since its been A LONG time since I got mine when it first came out... How much he cost ya'? Don't see him pop up all the time anymore.
Lucky for me, both he and Shogun cost me zilch. I traded a buddy of mine some of my vintage Pokémon card collection for 'em - I figured, eh, I'd rather have some cool new figures than old cards, even though I'm nostalgic for them. Good deal if you ask me. I'm pretty sure the GMK runs around $1/200 on Ebay, though people have it listed for much more.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I don't like customs, like, at all. Most of the time, its just people ruining vintage figures, and that annoys me......But this was definitely a HUGE exception. Just scored a custom Destoroyah, the 8 inch original Bandai, which was already one of my favorite figures.

I also got Megagurius and the Japanese version of Godzilla 1991 to go with my Korean version.

EDIT: about a month ago I bought the 6 inch scale Bandai Orga. It finally arrived today....and it was not the 6 inch scale Bandai Orga. I got the 8 inch sound battler. Which...I guess is an upgrade? I like 8 inch figures more anyway, and it was very cheap, which is why I assumed it was the 6 inch. In any case, its an awesome figure.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Nabbed the Godziban trio off Ebay for 45 bucks. Can't wait to get those little guys in hand.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

I picked up a Yamakatsu 1974 Mechagodzilla while I was on vacation last week. Then my Green-Blue Bandai 74 MechaGodzilla arrived in the mail this week. Lastly I was at Walmart and they received a NECA Shin Godzilla w/atomic breath. It was an unopened return. Wild that they still had it. Hurt my hands to get the tail on, but it’s cool to have.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Hobby Search had the MMS Shin Ultraman trio back in stock so went ahead and grabbed them while I could.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

High Grade Godzilla 2016 and 2017 and HGD+ Mechagodzilla 2021.

RIP Evan.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I don't know if it counts as 'just bought' since it won't charge till January, but re: cards, I was able to sell off all my old Yugioh stuff for enough to pay for SCV Ghidorah 2019, and bank some too. I liked those cards, good times, but I am so out of date on them I no longer know how the game is played now. The most eye-catching Ghidorah design/color I've ever seen will give me more enjoyment than cards I can no longer use sitting in a box, I figured.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Here are my acquisitions this year so far:

1. NECA Godzilla 1962 (Reissue)
2. Playmates Skullcrawler
3. SH Monsterarts Kong 2021
4. Bandai Jet Jaguar
5. Bandai Legion
6. SH Monsterarts SCV King Ghidorah 2019 (pre-ordered)

Potential figures for remainder of year:

1. Playmates Gorosaurus
2. Bandai Gamera 3
3. Bandai Iris

Figures on the Fringe on:

1. Bandai Desghidorah
2. YMSF Gabara
3. YMSF Varan
4. Bandai Mothra Larva
5. SH Monsterarts Mechagodzilla 2021
6. NECA Concrete Jungle King Kong

Literally one of the best years of Godzilla merchandise I have seen in years!
Last edited by GodzillaXGomoraFight on Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

God help my wallet but pre-ordered SHMA SCV Ghidorah 2019

RIP Evan.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I have a couple preorders that will be quite expensive. Around $400 so far, including two SHMA, the MEZCO sets, the Ichibanso figure, etc. I think the last thing I will DEFINITELY get will be the big Mezco Godzilla.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Neca TMNT Muckman
Neca TMNT Mondo Gecko

Turbo Man Wal-Mart EXCLUSIVE

I REALLY need to stop buying fucking toys.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My first X-Plus figure courtesy of Amazon:

Suffice it to say, it'll be the crown jewel of my Godzilla toy collection when it arrives.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Leviarex wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:55 pmSuffice it to say, it'll be the crown jewel of my Godzilla toy collection when it arrives.
That is a beautiful figure, congrats.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Leviarex wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:55 pm My first X-Plus figure courtesy of Amazon

Suffice it to say, it'll be the crown jewel of my Godzilla toy collection when it arrives.
Very good choice.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Yeah, I've been trimming down my preorders and want list too. I was spending too much on 'moderately interesting'. I'm trying to only jump when something REALLY wows me. It's gotten where, for many franchises, the repitition was starting to show. So I cut a lot of Transformers, went for SCV Ghidorah, which I have no version of at all, and Gigan is a 'if a job interview goes really well' type thing. Sort of enhancing what setups I already have, rather than make yet another new one.

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

I preordered the Mondo Hanna Barbara Godzilla if that counts. I went with the payment plan because I just don't make enough to justify dropping a hundred dollars on something like that right now.

However, I'm hopeful ill be able to go grocery shopping today and maybe find some Godzilla related stuff at Target.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Bandai Red King from Amazon:

And original 1996 Rhinox from mercari:

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

m0nster01 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:02 am I preordered the Mondo Hanna Barbara Godzilla if that counts. I went with the payment plan because I just don't make enough to justify dropping a hundred dollars on something like that right now.

However, I'm hopeful ill be able to go grocery shopping today and maybe find some Godzilla related stuff at Target.
Alas, my local target had no Godzilla stuff.

Not surprising, considering how much it sucks.

Crazy how all the ramen was gone.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Tech from the Black Series.

Completing the bad batch team, just need Echo and I'm set.