What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:22 am Finally got the Marmit Vinyl Wars Shin Godzilla Purple Heat Ray Version!

...now, which Shin here is best? The highly articulated, highly detailed SHMA Frozen? The insanely accurate Banpresto? Or the impressively stylized Marmit with its purple spines? Hmmmm
Having the same figures but in different variants (Regular Marmit and SHMA, purple Banpresto), I have to give it to Banpresto.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Wondering if anyone has any of these, but I recently purchased a U.S. Toys Baragon. They're another company that specializes in small made in Japan collectible vinyls and I've never seen them discussed much

This is not the one I got, it's a nicer color (light brown and green), but you get the idea:

Kind of afraid to open it. It's really cute and mint.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:38 pm Having the same figures but in different variants (Regular Marmit and SHMA, purple Banpresto), I have to give it to Banpresto.
The Banpresto is indeed amazing (and you have the best variant of it). I still can't decide! They all compliment each other really well, I need to get a proper shelf to display them.

Cant believe I just spent nearly $500 on Shin figures. I go from not collecting for eight years to going overboard lol
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:05 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:38 pm Having the same figures but in different variants (Regular Marmit and SHMA, purple Banpresto), I have to give it to Banpresto.
The Banpresto is indeed amazing (and you have the best variant of it). I still can't decide! They all compliment each other really well, I need to get a proper shelf to display them.

Cant believe I just spent nearly $500 on Shin figures. I go from not collecting for eight years to going overboard lol
A very unfortunate issue that I think many people will understand.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Adeno
Monarch Researcher

Post by Adeno »

I just got the bootleg King Ghidorah Special Color version. Bought it from Ebay last week, arrived today! It looks awesome and honestly, the joints are a lot better than the ones from my original Ghidorah years ago. This one has nice firm, posable joints. My original Ghidorah kept falling apart at the neck joints and tails! The only real problem with the bootleg is that it's missing the wing joint covers so they're a little exposed, but it's not something that bothers me. One segment of the tail can pop off easily if you extend or move it too much but it stays in place once you've posed it. Yeah, the tail is very posable! My original Ghidorah's tail couldn't really be posed because it just liked laying flat on the ground. This bootleg can curl and form a wave with its tails. The wings, as others have reported, fit loosely on the wing joint so you need to put tissue paper inside to make the wings stay in place and not fall off. Very easy fix! Other than that, the bootleg Ghidorah has somewhat wobbly knees, but they're not bad as you can still move and pose Ghidorah around easily. All in all, the bootleg is a satisfying enough replacement for the original that I've sold long ago.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Went to a comic book shop on my vacation to NC and got the Robot Damashii Titan Redeemer for $35. Originally it was the only one I wanted, but now I regret not getting the other Jaegers. It feels more well put together than the NECA Jaegers. The lack of paint doesn't really bother me.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Ultra Monster DX Tyrant, albeit used

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Got all these boys in a lot. Means that, aside from the HMV figures, my Gamera collection is now complete
Im really closing in on the end of my collection, and Im super excited. Im down to 13 figures plus the memorial box. Thats it. Then I can move on to the next phase of my life.

Adeno
Monarch Researcher

Post by Adeno »

This week I was able to recover some Monsterarts that I've sold a long time ago. I got back Godzilla "Birth" and 2019 again. I'm happy! Kong also arrived so I had a lot of fun with him. Thank goodness I didn't get a Kong that's bad like what others seem to have gotten. Mine's nearly perfect except for the left arm that pops off if you bend it too much. Other than that, Kong is awesome!

I also managed to get Rathalos since his price dropped on Amazon recently. I've always wanted Rathalos even though I've only played one Monster Hunter game. He just looks so awesome and a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I had to return the first Rathalos I got because it kept falling apart! The replacement Rathalos I received is perfect and I love him! So beautiful, so poseable, plus he doesn't fall apart lol :D

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Not really a toy per se, more of a collectible display piece: it's an unlicensed Eva/Shin crossover by Rebor called Specimen G-2016 Embryo - a tiny Godzilla inside of the Adam embryo from Neon Genesis Evangelion. This is the yellow Resinite version. Super cool piece honoring the great work of Hideaki Anno.

And with that, my Shin collection is complete. Feels good. :g2k:

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

These 5. Maybe too much in a short timespan lol.
Last edited by Kinggoji1962 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

How much the figuarts Black king ? I bought it today from Mandarake for 160€... Well, 120€ not counting taxes and customs. Now my Showa era ultra is complete, minus the unreleased Leo, the Baltan shadow set, the Ultraman classic and 50 anniversary set (got the best selection and A type) and the fireball Zetton. I came late to the party and went crazy. An average 85€ per figure...

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:14 am How much the figuarts Black king ? I bought it today from Mandarake for 160€... Well, 120€ not counting taxes and customs. Now my Showa era ultra is complete, minus the unreleased Leo, the Baltan shadow set, the Ultraman classic and 50 anniversary set (got the best selection and A type) and the fireball Zetton. I came late to the party and went crazy. An average 85€ per figure...
I got mine from Mandarake for about the same.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Kinggoji1962 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:25 am
Lecontinentperdu wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:14 am How much the figuarts Black king ? I bought it today from Mandarake for 160€... Well, 120€ not counting taxes and customs. Now my Showa era ultra is complete, minus the unreleased Leo, the Baltan shadow set, the Ultraman classic and 50 anniversary set (got the best selection and A type) and the fireball Zetton. I came late to the party and went crazy. An average 85€ per figure...
You know a SHFA Golza was just announced and shown off? Grats on the UA anyway though. Wish I'd have been in the market for that line when back in the day.

Just picked up a Marmit Kiryu 2002.

Can't find seperate pictures online, but its this variant:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... 93&lang=en

That actual figure. :P Been eyeballing it for a few weeks now. Just need someone to talk me down from getting a Marmit Showa Ghidorah now. Please, someone. I got about two weeks to be talked out of it. Someone f'n do it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Mechabrozilla
Ronin

Post by Mechabrozilla »

Can't post images but I've got the Defo-Real Mechagodzilla 1975 arriving in two days or so and I just preordered the S.H Monsterarts Mechagodzilla 2021 which will be here at the start of next year.

Felt the need to bulk out the MG section of my shelf some more.
Last edited by Mechabrozilla on Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:13 pm
Kinggoji1962 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:25 am
You know a SHFA Golza was just announced and shown off? Grats on the UA anyway though. Wish I'd have been in the market for that line when back in the day.

Just picked up a Marmit Kiryu 2002.

Can't find seperate pictures online, but its this variant:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... 93&lang=en

That actual figure. :P Been eyeballing it for a few weeks now. Just need someone to talk me down from getting a Marmit Showa Ghidorah now. Please, someone. I got about two weeks to be talked out of it. Someone f'n do it.
Yeah the SHF looks nice. But the previous track record with Tamashii makes me sort of doubtful that it will even release. If it releases I'll pry just have two Golzas. :D

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Kinggoji1962 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:38 pm Yeah the SHF looks nice. But the previous track record with Tamashii makes me sort of doubtful that it will even release. If it releases I'll pry just have two Golzas. :D
Lol, ain't that the damn truth. Still waiting on that Tyrant. -_-

Quote of the Year:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

This is what I get for snooping around Mandrake when I shouldn't be...

X-Plus Deforeal King Caesar

Marusan Megalon - Not entirely sure of the history of this release, but its labeled Ver.SF52.

Quote of the Year:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Am I the only one buying stuff? :P

Diamond Select Ghidorah Diorama

Marmit Ghidorah

And one I forgot to post I picked up a few weeks ago...

Marusan Glow in the Dark Godzilla '64

Quote of the Year:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Recently made two wicked additions to the collection; a beautiful Marmit GMK Godzilla, and the new ReAction Shogun Godzilla.

I really love the Marmit! The sculpt is absolutely spot on. It really captures GMK's beer belly better than any other figure I've seen... :mrgreen: Not to mention the super cool looking color scheme. Not too tacky, as I feel some Marmits can be - sorta makes the figure look like a proper piece of art.

The Mini-Shogun is just as awesome. Looks just like the classic figure, just scaled down! The super accurate box is a great touch, too. I'd love to see more figures of the Shogun-Zilla design.