What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Executive Hamster »

Very expensive day for me, but super awesome buys. I got:
Funko Hikari Burning Godzilla, signed by Kenpachiro Satsuma

Kickstarter Exclusive YMSF GFantis

and most significantly....
Bandai Super Premium Godzilla, my last holy grail figure.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Well, I weighed my options and decided to pull the lever for bidding on a SHMA Mecha King Ghidorah. That auction was the first time I've ever seen a "Please wait while we determine the winner" screen after bidding concluded. Can't wait for it to get here, since that has been one of my personal holy grails for quite some time :D
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Bandai Seabozu (2000 tag).

Haven't gotten a Bandai figure in awhile, let alone an Ultraman one. It''s a bit of a throwback; he was definitely one I wanted as a kid but could never find anywhere. He reminds me a bit of the Godzilla skeleton. He'd make a good stand-in for it.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Going to be buying SHFA Golza and Sevenger as soon as my tax return hits the bank.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Today I found myself looking at M1 and Marmit figures and thinking "Damn, I want those."
Time to jump of a bridge before its too late XD
But for real, there's this lime green Marmit Godzilla 2003 and I really want it now.

Anyway, to stay on topic with this thread, Ive gotten a few more things with my tax refund money
The new Bandai Mechagodzilla, 91 Bandai Anguirus, ymsf rodan, a couple of minis including a Gamera and a yutaka godzilla, and the toys dream project meltdown Godzilla, only because I got a cool spot for it. I also went and bought a photo signed by Haruo Nakajima. Wish I could have met him. I got so much stuff on the way and its super exciting. Cannot wait for the super premium to show up but honestly Im excited for everything Ive ordered.

OOOOH ALSO my YMSF Godzilla 89 and Shin Hedorah are being sent off to an artist now, she goes by KiryuCollectibles on Instagram. She's going to be resculpting the 89's head and neck slightly for me and giving it a more matte paint job. This is a mock up I did of how the resculpted head should look:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SHFA Golza & Sevenger
Bandai Spirits Atlas Destroyer

Konami Heroes Zone Fighter & Fireman

Getting these out of the way before WW3 breaks out. :P

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Got the SHMA BioGoji from a local toy shop. Beautiful figure. All the joints work perfectly too, which was something that worried me. Only bit of paint slop is there's a little too much white on one side of the teeth, while the other side is more red. Doesn't really bother me though. A really fantastic figure. Yuji Sakai gets BioGoji right like no other, he looks like he walked right off the screen.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Was in a toy shop in St. Augustine and found this, so I picked it up
Meanwhile, here is all the other figures I got this week. Still waiting for the big lad.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Just ordered my first two Marmit figures. I know nothing about either of them:
Image Image

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Trying to catch up with several of the more recent S.H.Figuarts Ultraman releases which I missed out on (due to tighter pockets during the pandemonpicnic) and SKREEEONK it... some became REALLY pricey already... o_O'
Size DOES matter!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Just got the little Gojiban trio from my mom for my birthday! I dig these little guys! :)

I guess I now need to catch up on the show itself, especially with it getting subbed on Youtube!
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

My poor wallet.
Found a SHMA SpaceGodzilla that I couldn't refuse.. On the bright side, I paid less for it than I did for MKG. So I've got that going for me.

Next I suppose a Ultimate Burning Godzilla will go up for half the price they typically run for... Thus making me more self conscious about my spending habits since these are t o y s ™
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Getting this beauty in a week from tomorrow.

My first and probably only Xplus figure.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:13 pm Getting this beauty in a week from tomorrow.

My first and probably only Xplus figure.
^^That actually looks really nice! I was strongly considering getting my first X-Plus not too long ago, but I passed up on it. Maybe someday...
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I don't have anything from X-Plus and I'm not planning to ever open that can of worms, but... if they'd ever (re-)release their infamous Godzilla '91 Hokkaido Landing Ver. re-scaled for the Gigantic Series... I sure would grab that one as a substitute for the BANDAI/Tamashii human scale one, which used the same model from Mr. Sakai.
Size DOES matter!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I have my reasons for not buying Xplus, most of them being that I feel like most xplus figures NOT done by Yuji Sakai just look kinda...odd. Mainly the faces, but in the case of the recent 93goji, just in general looked very strange. Shocked that their Godzilla 1998 looks as accurate as it does, probably the most accurate standard scale figure of that design to this day.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Just got in a 13 inch scale Imperial Godzilla. The pictures reminded me a lot of cheap Dollar Store dinosaurs I had as a kid in the early 2000s. Which is why I was surprised at how FUCKING HEAFTY THIS THING IS. It looks like a cheap toy but if feels like a proper, sturdy thing. I love it.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:11 pm Just got in a 13 inch scale Imperial Godzilla. The pictures reminded me a lot of cheap Dollar Store dinosaurs I had as a kid in the early 2000s. Which is why I was surprised at how skreeonking HEAFTY THIS THING IS. It looks like a cheap toy but if feels like a proper, sturdy thing. I love it.
Yeah, those older Imperial toys were made out of some heavy duty rubber. I remember regularly choosing the sea creatures/dinosaurs on the bottom racks over "actual" action figures and the irony is that nearly all of those survived my childhood despite being the "cheaper" item.

I think the material got a little bit cheaper/more plastic-like in the 2000s and onward. I definitely noticed a difference as I got older.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Not to mention that at this point they are probably all bootlegs of bootlegs of bootlegs going several generations back. Its kinda sad how blatant some of them are.