What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by SpaceG92 »

Leviarex wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:50 am
UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:47 pm
Leviarex wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:35 pm Actually, there are quite a number of them currently being sold on eBay. In fact, I won an auction for one a few minutes ago.
If you're one of the two $40+ auctions, you overpaid by about 300%.
Well, the auction in question was one that started out with $14.99, but I kept getting outbid to the point where my final offer was $47.00 which at the time was a fairly low price compared to the other listings (except for one that was roughly around the same range). In any case, given how much I have in my account, I'd hardly call it overpaying by any percent.
Given how much I'VE HAD in my bank account for the past few years, paying 47.00 for a Gorosaurus that is bound to hit other retailers and store shelves more openly is overpaying. Let's not flex something stupid like "her derp I have money burning in my pocket ima pay 59.99 for a 4.99 gashapon look at WHAT I CAN DO!" That's just plain stupid. Could have bought like the entire line of Gashapons if you looked someplace like on Mandarake of Yahoo.jp for the same price and picked up more along with it. It also makes you look like an a--.

Most people want to nitpick and say anything over MSRP is overpaying but I'd go 19.99 with next day shipping for Goro. There are a few exceptions were overpaying is mandatory and that are convention or expo exclusives like most of my Ultra 500 stuff. Can only get them if you go to what-ever con for 5 days in Japan and then you pay 8.99 for it. Yeah don't ask how much I paid to complete my collection at the time but different circumstance for something that is "in retail circulation".

Like all those scalpers stating how "buying their MMS Kong for 29.99 is a deal and you wont find it anyplace cheaper!" Yeah I can go to Amazon.jp and get one along with like every other MMS and get it shipped to me for a better bargain then what snake oil your trying to sell people. I hate vultures and there the reason why in stock circulation for some of these are damn impossible to find.

Added in 2 minutes 54 seconds:
Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:10 am Just bought this lovely beast:
Surprised no one commented. CONGRATS MY DUDE! Still trying to find one myself that still has the box and the tag.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Leviarex wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:50 am
UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:47 pm
Leviarex wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:35 pm Actually, there are quite a number of them currently being sold on eBay. In fact, I won an auction for one a few minutes ago.
If you're one of the two $40+ auctions, you overpaid by about 300%.
Well, the auction in question was one that started out with $14.99, but I kept getting outbid to the point where my final offer was $47.00 which at the time was a fairly low price compared to the other listings (except for one that was roughly around the same range). In any case, given how much I have in my account, I'd hardly call it overpaying by any percent.
It doesn't matter how much you have overpaying is overpaying. And as stated above it makes you sound like a douche for implying money is no problem.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Bought these boys today. Paid way more than I am comfortable with on the Minya

Mostly impulse buys, except Minya. Agreed to buy him from a friend a while back and kinda regret it but oh well.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dude, that Megalon is just too beautiful for words.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

goji89 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm Dude, that Megalon is just too beautiful for words.
I spent an arm and a leg getting the YMSF Megalon LITERALLY A WEEK before it was announced. Ive been avoiding it out of spite ever since, but I just couldnt resist any longer....I want him to hold me, hold me with his drill hands....

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm Dude, that Megalon is just too beautiful for words.
I want him to hold me, hold me with his drill hands....
Normally I would mock the crap out of you for saying this but... I too want him to hold me with his drill hands and just tell me everything is gonna be o.k.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:20 pmNormally I would mock the crap out of you for saying this but... I too want him to hold me with his drill hands and just tell me everything is gonna be o.k.
You know, things always seems to be at their darkest and the most hopeless right before everything turns completely black and goes straight to hell in a handbasket, but I'm equally certain that a tiny hug from a plastic inanimate toy will turn your day around and into a sparkly rainbow wonderland in no time at all!
Last edited by G1985 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

My YMSF Minya came, and the seller threw in a little gift. This little guy is awesome! I think he needs batteries.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Today I bought the HMV box set for Gamera
As well as the new Legion and Gyaos

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

i receghntly bought htisfjgvnhnfrgodzil
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:57 am, edited 7 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GODZILLA2877 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:47 am i receghntly bought htisfjgvnhnfrgodzil
Sounds like a real crown jewel.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Just payed for my 40cm DynAction Shin Ultraman... came at a hefty 27k JPY price tag including shipping (& excluding possible taxes). I'm curious how this one turns out in-hand...
Size DOES matter!

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

My most recent Godzilla purchase is the NECA 1984 Godzilla. I loved his movie when I saw it and decided to buy a figure of him.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Volks King Ghidorah 1964 30cm kit.

Apparently I’m going to have to forge the wings myself lol.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

http://imgur.com/a/kTDYOCe

Found Playmates Mechagodzilla in a Walmart I go to once in a while and happy to have found it at retail. Impressed by the detail and articulation for the price. Would have been a real incredible figure if it had elbow, hand, and neck articulation.

Looking to custom paint the figure. Any recommendations or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Some photos in the link above.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I bought a number of funko pops as well as Bandai Monster X. Kasier and 2001 Baragon are the last individual older figures I need. The rest will be the big memorial box and big figures as well as a few of the newer releases I need to fill the last bit of shelf space.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Paunch Paunch Paunch.

Note this is the flying version!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Bandai 7" Vinyl Demogorgon off of Amazon

Also have the Medicom Toy Rebuild Zeruel in my Pile of Loot on BBTS, along with the Mezco 7" King Kong (standard version), Hiya Toys Alien Warrior (Thermal Vision) and the Armour of Legends Ultraman Belial model kit all on preorder

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Bought the Bandai 2021 Mechagodzilla. Bit late to the party, before I got my funko figures over the past few weeks, I realized Kong was the only thing from this movie that I owned. I still havent gotten any playmates and honestly, dont plan to. Id rather a kid buy em than my grown ass self. Also got this bad boy
Gonna be getting SP Jet and Anguirus to fill up the remaining spots on my Reiwa shelf, as well as YMSF behemoth finally, with my seller thankfully holding one for me.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Got this last week, actually, but I won this Trendmasters Godzilla 1998 Nick Tatopoulos prototype for $9 shipped. I wonder why it didn't go for more? Its in admittedly rough shape, but for a hand-painted prototype from 1998, that's not terribly surprising.

Led to my next purchase as well, actually - the Trendmasters Godzilla 1998 Nick Tatopoulos, which I did not have. Ironically, I paid more for the final product than the prototype. It'll be neat to compare them, I can already see that the accessories are different.