S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Anguirus wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:07 am So I am going to be binge watching Ultra Q and Ultraman soon, which figures are from those two shows that I should know about?
Only Ultraman has figures in the S.H. Figuarts line, though many are now going for very high aftermarket prices if you can find them.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Shoot, any chance for rereleases or repaints? Such as for Gomora?
Last edited by Anguirus on Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Anguirus wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:33 pm Shoot, any chance for rereleases or repaints? Such as for Gomora?
So far, only Ultraman and Zetton have had recent repaints release (Metallic 55th Anniversary Version and Hundred Degree Fireball Version respectively).
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Thanks for the heads up! Is this line better than the Ultra Act line?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Put it this way: with Figuarts, you can actually use the accessories the figure comes with.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Hopefully we get the Shin Ultraman kaiju, but seeing now that not many Kaiju are released as FiguArts, I doubt it.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Promising.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:55 am Image

Promising.
Is that a Tiga reissue???

If it is, YEEEEES! Really hope they work out most of the kinks from the original figure, cuz damn does everything else about it look great. :D
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I was actually referring to what is behind Tiga.

He does have a reissue in August - oh, that's this month. Yeah, you missed out on that.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:24 am I was actually referring to what is behind Tiga.

He does have a reissue in August - oh, that's this month. Yeah, you missed out on that.
shit.

Still, that Golza looks pretty good! Wondering if a Melba is coming as well.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:24 am I was actually referring to what is behind Tiga.
Well, as much as I'd like to have that Golza, I'm realistic and already befriend the thought, that his pre-orders will pop up randomly on the Tamashii Webshop and be sold out within 10 minutes again so that I will have to rely on scalped triple digits before it is even released. It was that way with too many recent SHF Ultraman figures, sadly... -_-
MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:24 amHe [SHF Tiga...?] does have a reissue in August - oh, that's this month. Yeah, you missed out on that.
Erm... I missed that, too. Sold out everywhere again anyway it seems... :roll:
Size DOES matter!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Oh no, they do announce when pre-orders go up. It's always on a Friday at 16:00 JST.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Based on what I've seen, SHFA Tiga isn't worth it. They tried to used rubber for parts of the torso of the body. Unfortunately, this means paint rubbing and chipping almost immediately just from doing initial poses. And the rubber will just fall apart in time. Another case of Bandai doing weird experimentation with their figures, but using popular characters just so that they can make sure they sell.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Neat if you missed out on the regular release.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

JUST bought the regular release

update:
okay it arrived
Why the FUCK is this figure so good? I got burned by a Minipla Sevenger sticker defect, 2021 SHMA Kong being a loose jointed POS, but this. It's perfect! No improper paint, just, a really really good figure.
Last edited by Moth on Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I finally got some fabric to make a new cape for FiguArts Batman. The original was ridiculously thick and completely unmanageable. I still need to sew the seam lines into it sometime, but it already made a world of difference.

Original:

Custom:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

So Golza and the GUTS Wings are two separate releases instead of one. Which is... bizarre.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:52 am Image

So Golza and the GUTS Wings are two separate releases instead of one. Which is... bizarre.
I mean, this is the same company that initially made Mechagodzilla and Garuda two separate releases. Not that bizarre given past records.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

So, I don't really follow Ultraman releases normally, but I am confused why Golza is a Figuart release and not a Monsterart release.
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Ultraman characters have never been in MonsterArts, and Godzilla characters have never been FiguArts. Why are people confused all the sudden?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.