TK's Official "Identify this figure/kit" Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: TK's Official "Identify this figure/kit" Thread

Post by G1985 »

Shenanigans wrote:I've got an SD Godzilla 2002 but I don't know much about it. It's a variant of the SD Godzilla 2003 from the "Kaiju Oh Kurabu" set.

Back when Club Tokyo was still around, they had a pretty comprehensive list of most of these kinds of candy/capsule figures, but never had this one listed. I imagine it's some sort of obscure exclusive or perhaps even a chase figure, but it's unique for featuring a new chest sculpt instead of just being a paint variation. Not a custom or a bootleg either...

...I'm pretty sure I've also seen pictures of an SD Kiryu 2002 with yellow eyes; the normal version from this series only featured red eyes. Don't suppose anyone knows anything else about these?

Would you believe someone asked about that very same figure, on this very same thread, about four years ago? Your G02 (and possibly the yellow-eyed Kiryu) appear to have been "Ishimaru Electric Store" exclusives promoting GxMG at the time:

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1359133
Last edited by G1985 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

G1985 wrote:Would you believe someone asked about that very same figure, on this very same thread, about four years ago? Your G02 (and possibly the yellow-eyed Kiryu) appear to have been "Ishimaru Electric Store" exclusives promoting GxMG at the time:

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1359133
I thought there was something familiar about it when I was asking, hehe. Thanks for finding that. I attempted to find more with the store name ("石丸電気" "ゴジラ×メカゴジラ") but yielded only that one site, so as best I can tell there's really no other info out there on it. Which is rather odd as, again, it sports a new sculpt (granted, it's a minor retool, but still). Guess I'm pretty lucky to have gotten it then. :)

I also went through my pictures and it turns out I did save pictures of the yellow-eyed Kiryu from an Ebay auction way back when, alongside another SD Godzilla 2002 (the auction was ridiculously overpriced and did not provide any info on these figures, BTW).

As for Club Tokyo, I thought it's been gone for a while now, since at least last year, but maybe I'm wrong. Really sucks because there aren't really any good English alternatives that document all those small figures.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Club Tokyo is coming back soon, Mike is currently reworking the site. He showed off a little bit of the new site on Collect All Monsters, which can be found on YouTube.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

shadowgigan wrote:Club Tokyo is coming back soon, Mike is currently reworking the site. He showed off a little bit of the new site on Collect All Monsters, which can be found on YouTube.
That’s great to hear, was very worried it was abandoned for good.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

randomly found this '54 while browsing local online stores in my country, not sure what it is exactly though, the guy just says it's a loose godzilla figure https://imgur.com/a/DvgVyAm

looked like an X plus but the copyright on its feet I saw was 2002 so idk
Last edited by GojiBerries on Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Pretty sure that’s the banpresto crane prize figure. It’s hollow vinyl, about 30cm tall. It fits in pretty well in a shelf with X-plus figures but up close its obviously not as detailed/high end. But still a nice figure. I’ve had one for years.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

canofhumdingers wrote:Pretty sure that’s the banpresto crane prize figure. It’s hollow vinyl, about 30cm tall. It fits in pretty well in a shelf with X-plus figures but up close its obviously not as detailed/high end. But still a nice figure. I’ve had one for years.
oh damn really huh? how hefty does it feel? do you think it's worth $60?
Last edited by GojiBerries on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

GojiBerries wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:Pretty sure that’s the banpresto crane prize figure. It’s hollow vinyl, about 30cm tall. It fits in pretty well in a shelf with X-plus figures but up close its obviously not as detailed/high end. But still a nice figure. I’ve had one for years.
Not that I know for sure, but I would bet its worth more than $60
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Shoopwoop17 wrote:
GojiBerries wrote:
Not that I know for sure, but I would bet its worth more than $60
I've seen it go for less on Mandarake and Showcase Daikaiju, although $60 doesn't seem to be too bad of a price if there's no other alternatives.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

DirektorSplennic wrote: I've seen it go for less on Mandarake and Showcase Daikaiju, although $60 doesn't seem to be too bad of a price if there's no other alternatives.
how much less?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

GojiBerries wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote: I've seen it go for less on Mandarake and Showcase Daikaiju, although $60 doesn't seem to be too bad of a price if there's no other alternatives.
how much less?
$30-$40 loose not counting shipping.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah, it’s not a high end figure. It’s pretty equivalent in quality to a bandai vinyl figure with no articulation. I think I paid about $30 when it came out? A quick look at eBay shows at least three for sale ranging from $55-$140 before shipping. I’d say $60 out the door is a perfectly fair price, but not a bargain or anything. No way I’d pay $100+

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

I have the Banpresto 2000 Marquette since it came out. Love that thing. Pretty impressive. Think it was like $20-30 when it came out.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Another SD question; I was just going to put this in an SD thread but there doesn't appear to be one, so...

Anyone recognize these SD Shin Godzilla figures?

They appear to have been made in the same style as Bandai's original SD line; I think it began in 1991 or 1992, and incorporated most Godzilla monsters up to Megaguirus, at which point they started new SD lines. They aren't hollow at the bottom though.

Got them at G-Fest. They are legit, they have official Godzilla stickers on the undersides and (C)Toho.LTD but no maker. I don't think I've seen them online anywhere.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Does anyone know something about this particular Red King figure? Don't have it but I've seen some pics of it floating around the web.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^ That could be a real good KWC render, honestly

Star Falcon
Samurai

Post by Star Falcon »

Can anyone tell me anything about this figure? It was given to me by a friend. It has 2002 Toho branding underneath the tail.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Star Falcon wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:52 pm Can anyone tell me anything about this figure? It was given to me by a friend. It has 2002 Toho branding underneath the tail.

How big is it? The head looks identical to the Bandai Godzilla 2000. A bootleg perhaps?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

That’s one of the little four inch hollow vinyl Bandai figures from Godzilla against MechGodzilla. They’re candy toys about 4 inches tall. It’s the hollow vinyl figures that basically took the place of the solid vinyl “hyper godzilla” figure line.

Star Falcon
Samurai

Post by Star Falcon »

Thanks for the info :) always nice to know a little bit more about something someone has given to you.