TK's Official "Identify this figure/kit" Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: TK's Official "Identify this figure/kit" Thread

Post by G1985 »

Star Falcon wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:52 pm Can anyone tell me anything about this figure? It was given to me by a friend. It has 2002 Toho branding underneath the tail.
canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:13 pm That’s one of the little four inch hollow vinyl Bandai figures from Godzilla against MechGodzilla. They’re candy toys about 4 inches tall. It’s the hollow vinyl figures that basically took the place of the solid vinyl “hyper godzilla” figure line.
Info dump time! Once upon a time that line was referred to as the "Battle Box" series which saw figures sold in pairs. The variety was outstanding! The line was unofficially revived as the "Godzilla Collection" and "65th Anniversary" boxed single figures sold at Barnes and Noble and at Target. Those lines featured new same-scale sculpts of Legendary and Shin Godzilla figures mixed in with repeats of the earlier Battle Box lineups.

Resized Image
Last edited by G1985 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Hm this is a new one but I saw it at Matt Frank's FB share. It's 1954 Arrangement it says in the translation at the bottom. https://scontent.fhio2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5FFA08B4 Based on like a prototype suit or something?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:52 pm Hm this is a new one but I saw it at Matt Frank's FB share. It's 1954 Arrangement it says in the translation at the bottom. https://scontent.fhio2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5FFA08B4 Based on like a prototype suit or something?
Pretty cool
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:52 pm Hm this is a new one but I saw it at Matt Frank's FB share. It's 1954 Arrangement it says in the translation at the bottom. https://scontent.fhio2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5FFA08B4 Based on like a prototype suit or something?
New Tanaka Studios 1954 kit.

s279
Young Farmer

Post by s279 »

I've been having trouble identifying these two guys, both with Toho copyrights

The yellow one also has Kana that looks like: ガンクーギラス (Ganku Gillas) which I must be misreading at least one character (it's hard to make out the small characters!)

and the black one's looks like レャドラー (Ryadler) which also must be wrong!

Any ideas?
Thanks

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

s279 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:11 am I've been having trouble identifying these two guys, both with Toho copyrights

The yellow one also has Kana that looks like: ガンクーギラス (Ganku Gillas) which I must be misreading at least one character (it's hard to make out the small characters!)

and the black one's looks like レャドラー (Ryadler) which also must be wrong!

Any ideas?
Thanks
Why was this post ignored...? Lol.

They're monsters from Zone Fighter.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/tv/gondargilas.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/tv/shadorah.htm

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

s279
Young Farmer

Post by s279 »

Awesome thanks!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Not really an identification but a question I'm not sure where else to put. How big is the SEGA Hyper Gyaos? Found a decent one on Mandadrake and was curious if it would scale with the SHMA Gameras

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:06 am Not really an identification but a question I'm not sure where else to put. How big is the SEGA Hyper Gyaos? Found a decent one on Mandadrake and was curious if it would scale with the SHMA Gameras
Fairly large, it looks to be around 7-8" tall with a fairly large wingspan. I think it would be out of scale myself.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Was browsing one of the coolest collections I have ever seen on twitter and I saw this

It looks like the Bandai MMS Godzilla 2003, but it has an open mouth and its clearly in the 10 inch scale, being around the same height as the FinalGoji figure, and towering over the 8 inch scale Godzilla Forever figure in the middle. Anyone know what this is?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:57 pm Was browsing one of the coolest collections I have ever seen on twitter and I saw this

It looks like the Bandai MMS Godzilla 2003, but it has an open mouth and its clearly in the 10 inch scale, being around the same height as the FinalGoji figure, and towering over the 8 inch scale Godzilla Forever figure in the middle. Anyone know what this is?
Yes! That is the 12 inch Bandai DX Godzilla 2004 (technically 2003 but it was released in 04. Like a lot of vinyl millenium stuff they use the year after the movie for whatever reason). It's one of my Holy Grails. Funny I haven't mentioned it yet in the grail thread.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:12 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:57 pm Was browsing one of the coolest collections I have ever seen on twitter and I saw this

Yes! That is the 12 inch Bandai DX Godzilla 2004 (technically 2003 but it was released in 04. Like a lot of vinyl millenium stuff they use the year after the movie for whatever reason). It's one of my Holy Grails. Funny I haven't mentioned it yet in the grail thread.
Welp, now I gotta watch ebay tirelessly until I find it
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Back again with a question about Bandai Godzilla 2003's.
What is this figure below:

At first glance, my guess was the Banpresto figure. But things didn't add up. Where's the neck articulation? Its clearly not the Shokugan figure either, cause this is apparently in 6 inch scale (according to who posted it). I cannot find any information about Bandai releasing a 6 inch scale of this suit.

Another image:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 pm Back again with a question about Bandai Godzilla 2003's.

At first glance, my guess was the Banpresto figure. But things didn't add up. Where's the neck articulation? Its clearly not the Shokugan figure either, cause this is apparently in 6 inch scale (according to who posted it). I cannot find any information about Bandai releasing a 6 inch scale of this suit.

Another image:
It has to be a bootleg. The only 6 inch version of the 03 suit besides the SHMA is the DX roaring one, which looks nothing like that. Also the legs on this figure look strange. The only vinyl scar chested goji with an open mouth is the 12 inch one.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:48 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 pm Back again with a question about Bandai Godzilla 2003's.

Another image:
It has to be a bootleg. The only 6 inch version of the 03 suit besides the SHMA is the DX roaring one, which looks nothing like that. Also the legs on this figure look strange. The only vinyl scar chested goji with an open mouth is the 12 inch one.
If its a bootleg, its a damn good one.
I think this is another picture of it, next to what I assume are both Banpresto figures.

To me, it looks way too good to be a bootleg.

EDIT: Here is what it looks from.

I dont know what to think anymore.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:56 pm

Another image:
I think this is another picture of it, next to what I assume are both Banpresto figures.

Oohh I know what that thing is. It's the walking figure. It's official and I forgot it existed.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

DirektorSplennic wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:56 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:56 pm

Oohh I know what that thing is. It's the walking figure. It's official and I forgot it existed.
OOOOOH thanks. Im gonna have to keep an eye open for it now.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I figured this would be the most appropriate thread for this. Not so much of "what figure is this" as a question about paint variations of a figure.
This here is the 30th anniversary Gamera figure by Bandai, the 12 inch one from 1994, and the figure I just bought.

It seems pretty rare, and there are little to no videos on youtube about this figure. I have so far found only two videos that mention and showcase it, but they had me confused. Because the Gamera in these videos has a distinctly different paint job than the figure I find on eBay listings or previously on Club Tokyo.
Look at it

I thought maybe it might just be the lighting, but look at the eyes. They have pupils, and generally look completely different

Was this figure reissued at some point? Are there just some paint variation? There arent a whole lot of listings of this figure, but of the ones I have seen, I have NEVER seen one with the paint job shown in the two youtube videos I found.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not sure. Mine has no pupils either.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri May 28, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I don’t know the correct answer, but my gut reaction is the figure at the top (the one with the kind of metallic olive green shell and the silver spray on the claws) is the only paint scheme I ever remember seeing this figure with. It also more closely resembles the typical paint style of Bandai vinyls from that era. Not sure what to make of the version in the picture with the black background.