Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I literally have no more money for this stuff.

Too. Many. Figures.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I have waited since the 4th grade for an MMS Megalon. It feels like so long ago... considering it was. This is an absolute must for me, I am so happy!
:gigan:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Grunkle Sans wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:09 pm I have waited since the 4th grade for an MMS Megalon. It feels like so long ago... considering it was. This is an absolute must for me, I am so happy!
There was a Megalon figure back in 1993, but yeah it's been a looooong time.
Long overdo, for both it and JJ. I'm excited because I have the 1993 figure in question as well as some gashapons. It's nice seeing things make a come back like this.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I don't even like Megalon, but I'm so happy to see that figure come!!!! Has anyone purchased from Amoktime.com? I see that they have some vinyls there for a good price, but I've never bought from them before.

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

I will have to get that Megalon! :shock: Got the MG21 at the last minute at hlj and also the Varangoji, My first SP figure since they sell out so fast. Well, glad the demand is there i guess...

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Moth wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:06 am https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 17761?s=20
Theme park ride figures!!!
MAKE IT STAAAAHHHP

(Look amazing, I’m gonna go to the park once this bout of
Corona dies down and get some).
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

This week will cumulate with a Bagan vinyl reveal. Calling it now.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Moth wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:06 am https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 17761?s=20
Theme park ride figures!!!

WOW.

Both designs look great, but Ghidorah’s pose especially looks dynamic!

Last edited by kaijukurt on Fri May 14, 2021 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

King Ghidorah swole as fuck.
Moth wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 am This week will cumulate with a Bagan vinyl reveal. Calling it now.
No spoilers please ;)

We’re laughing, but with G-Fes online in a week, and something else SP related, there’s definitely going to be more reveals soon.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri May 14, 2021 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Jesus, Bandai.

They look good as well. But what else is next? Our MMS Gorosaurus reveal?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

That Ghidorah reminds me of the Cretaceous one.
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Fri May 14, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

That Godzilla looks awesome, like the lovechild of Legendary and Heisei. That one's a must-buy for me.

Do I read the text right? They're gonna pre-sale them from May 19th onwards at the physical location of the ride at the amusement park & from June 1st onwards at the Godzilla store and other locations as well? If true it makes one fell less inclined to pay scalper prices, since they may to be around in higher quantity than other event exclusives were.
Last edited by Petezilla on Fri May 14, 2021 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Gojifan327
Ronin

Post by Gojifan327 »

Petezilla wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:43 am That Godzilla looks awesome, like the lovechild of Legendary and Heisei. That one's a must-buy for me.

Do I read the text right? They're gonna pre-sale them from May 19th onwards at the physical location of the ride at the amusement park & from June 1st onwards at the Godzilla store and other locations as well? If true it makes one fell less inclined to pay scalper prices, since they may to be around in higher quantity than other event exclusives were.
I’m a bit new to the realm of Bandai collecting, if these do go up for order, where would be the a good place to order from?

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

I just noticed that this Ghidorah has hands!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Crap. I've wanted a Megalon figure for years, but I've basically decided to stop collecting toys for the time being. There's too much I would want coming out this year, and I just really shouldn't spend all that money or fill up all that shelf space if I don't honestly care about the damn things anymore...

...but MEGALON...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:27 pm Damn man, less than a year after I got a YMSF Megalon because I was sure we'd never get a MMS one. Oh well. Looking good. Glad to see Megalon getting a lot of love this year. With the MMS releasing a variety of Showa kaiju the past few years, it does make me wonder if Bandai is testing the water and seeing what sales look like for them to see if doing Showa SHMA is an option now.
I can do you one better. I bought the YMSF Megalon LAST WEEK thinking that these mms Megalon rumors were just rumors.

Added in 3 minutes 38 seconds:
Also since my goal was to get every Godzilla version, I now am legally obligated to get the ride version

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

omg a king ghidorah vinyl where the heads arent in the same pose??

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
But hang on, are those two exclusive figures? If they are that'll be a bummer.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:05 am omg a king ghidorah vinyl where the heads arent in the same pose??

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
But hang on, are those two exclusive figures? If they are that'll be a bummer.
They'll be exclusive to the Seibuen Amusement Park from May 19 but they'll be available at the "Godzilla Store and others" (Twitter's translation feature) starting June 1.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Well damn, that’s a shame. Gotta be on my toes in case it does release on other digital stores

Besides that, i really damn hope that all this Showa and Singular Point MMS selling so well means we’ll be getting Showa and SP Sh. Monsterarts figures in the future, because goddamn, i need a Godzilla Ultima, SP Jet Jaguar, Salunga, MegaroGoji, MG2, and Showa Jet Jaguar SHMA now
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri May 14, 2021 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: