Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm suprised just how detailed the Salunga figure is compared to all the other Sp ones we've gotten.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Salunga looks great. So hyped! Jet too.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

MY BOYS

Salunga is goddamn amazing, holy shit. Took a year for him to get a single figure, but his first was worth the wait!

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

Salunga looks incredible, I can't wait to add these two to my Godzilla Singular Point collection!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Man, the MMS is really killing it again! Both of these guys look great!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Oooooh. I like that A LOT. JJ looks so much better than the original one.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ooh yeah!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

MMS is doing really great these days. That Salunga looks much better than I expected.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Man, I hate how MMS prices keep going up, buying one for under $30 these days is impossible unless if you manage to snag a recent one on Amazon USA (in which you can be waiting months before a new one even pops up or never shows up at all) or if you live in Japan/so happen to be in the country when new ones drop

That being said, I preordered the Red Dust Monke from Awesome Collector

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

I wonder why Bandai has never tried to capitalize on the popularity of their MMS figures here in the States? Surely they realize there is a market for them here?

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Titanus_Rodan wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:38 am I wonder why Bandai has never tried to capitalize on the popularity of their MMS figures here in the States? Surely they realize there is a market for them here?
Wasn't the 6" Titanosaurus vinyl (around 2003-2004 or so) basically a sop to the American market?
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:19 amWasn't the 6" Titanosaurus vinyl (around 2003-2004 or so) basically a sop to the American market?
I believe so. I think it was from a poll from G-Fest? The list of popular monsters in Japan is pretty different from the list in the US, with a lot of American fans leaning Showa.

I’m pretty interested in seeing photos and of the upcoming Battra and Megaguirus, whenever those will eventually drop. The prices make me think that either the cost of raw materials went up, or they’re going to be significantly larger in size.

Either way, Bandai really likes to take their time with trickling their figures out.

mvasta
Young Farmer

Post by mvasta »

So my kids have gotten into Godzilla pretty hard and we've loved the Movie Monsters Series (lucked into finding a couple that were very reasonably priced). The one they want most is either a 1991 or 1954 Godzilla (they've been calling him movie Godzilla as opposed to the Legendary ones where he's Kong's friend Godzilla). Is there any place where either can be reasonably found? 1991 looks backordered everywhere or is crazy priced, while I only keep finding the Playmates or a knockoff 1954.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

mvasta wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:00 pm So my kids have gotten into Godzilla pretty hard and we've loved the Movie Monsters Series (lucked into finding a couple that were very reasonably priced). The one they want most is either a 1991 or 1954 Godzilla (they've been calling him movie Godzilla as opposed to the Legendary ones where he's Kong's friend Godzilla). Is there any place where either can be reasonably found? 1991 looks backordered everywhere or is crazy priced, while I only keep finding the Playmates or a knockoff 1954.
'91 Goji looks like he's available on Awesome Collector https://awesomecollector.com/collection ... r-series-2

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

KingKaiju wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:22 pm
mvasta wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:00 pm So my kids have gotten into Godzilla pretty hard and we've loved the Movie Monsters Series (lucked into finding a couple that were very reasonably priced). The one they want most is either a 1991 or 1954 Godzilla (they've been calling him movie Godzilla as opposed to the Legendary ones where he's Kong's friend Godzilla). Is there any place where either can be reasonably found? 1991 looks backordered everywhere or is crazy priced, while I only keep finding the Playmates or a knockoff 1954.
'91 Goji looks like he's available on Awesome Collector https://awesomecollector.com/collection ... r-series-2
1954 as well, I bet that's the cheapest you'll be able to buy them for too

mvasta
Young Farmer

Post by mvasta »

Wow, you guys are heroes! I got both on the way! I'll be sure to post some pics of the boys playing with them once they arrive!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

mvasta wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:49 pm Wow, you guys are heroes! I got both on the way! I'll be sure to post some pics of the boys playing with them once they arrive!
Enjoy!! I bought my nephew a few figures, as well as some Jurassic World figures. It's a joy to see how happy they are with these things.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Yeah, that’s what they’re for!

HobbyLink Japan is also a good source if you buy multiple figures, because then the combine shipping isn’t too bad. I think a lot of them are on back order at the moment but if you look up “Movie Monster Series” they’ve also got a pretty extensive list of options.

mvasta
Young Farmer

Post by mvasta »

We're big fans of the JW toys too. I've got a 9 and 2 year old and the 2 year old is full on in dinosaur/monster phase. It's a great time.

I actually checked HLJ first - I used to get Gundam from there back in the day, but I did notice that a lot was on backorder. We've been lucky that there's a few used toy stores around us, so for the 2 year old's birthday in June, we'll have Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan, Mechagodzilla, and now the 1991 and 1954 Big G to open!

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

New variant MMS toys this weekend?
https://mobile.twitter.com/godzilla_jp/ ... 9829908481

“Godzilla Store TV Spring Figure Festival" from 13:00 on 5/22 (Sun)!
Limited color movie monster series and new gigantic series are also available one after another!
"Goji Sanpo" is a gorgeous double-barrel!
A new project suitable for the figure festival will also start.
Many products for overseas shipping!

Do not miss it!

YT live-streaming program "Godzilla Store TV Spring Figure Festival" starts from 1300 on May 22 (JST)!
Full of contents and announcements incl. limited color Movie Monster series and new Gigantic series!
Many items will be available for international shipping! Don't miss it!
Last edited by Titanus_Rodan on Thu May 19, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.