Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Okay, I love this design. If this is the design Toho uses for their own "Monsterverse"-style films, I'll be very happy.

Can Americans order from the Godzilla store?
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Fri May 14, 2021 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Gojifan327 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:05 am
Petezilla wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:43 am That Godzilla looks awesome, like the lovechild of Legendary and Heisei. That one's a must-buy for me.

Do I read the text right? They're gonna pre-sale them from May 19th onwards at the physical location of the ride at the amusement park & from June 1st onwards at the Godzilla store and other locations as well? If true it makes one fell less inclined to pay scalper prices, since they may to be around in higher quantity than other event exclusives were.
I’m a bit new to the realm of Bandai collecting, if these do go up for order, where would be the a good place to order from?
It is yet unclear to me what 'after June 1st available at the G-Store and other places' actually means. If they actually go to retail (which I dont believe), then Hobby Link Japan, Amiami, Hobby Search come to mind first. If they're just put for order at the G-Store and/or the BANDAI Premium webshop (Which is more likely, I believe), then you'll have to use the middleman service of your choice.
Size DOES matter!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I can dig the Godzilla but I don't think that Ghidorah is anywhere as cool as the Universal Studios Japan one.

Megalon looks like he's overcompensating a bit with his horn there too.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Shenanigans wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:59 pm IKR? I think this puts us at 13 totally new Godzilla figures this year alone, plus 2 Gamera figures, plus the Ultraman figures... :dizzy: Insanity. Not to mention Singular Point isn't even over yet and I'm sure there's more yet to be revealed. And we should be getting poll-winner Gorosaurus at some point, too...
Make that 15... and we're only halfway through May! Fuck me.

Theme Park Goji is a chunky boi. I'm really digging the design, though, nice mix of Heisei and Monsterverse.

https://twitter.com/nostoro/status/1393151279321391106

I'm hopeful that they'll be available for a halfway decent price. I was able to score the Shin Ghidorah figure thanks to a very kind Ebay seller who wasn't charging up the ass for it like everyone else. Almost always pass on the paint variants but these new figures are musts for me...

BTW someone asked if the Mechagodzilla 2021 was going to be a brick, but he has arm and leg articulation! Wasn't sure about the latter.

https://twitter.com/Goji_Rider_K/status ... 6316619777

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Geez. I can’t keep up. I’ve already got 4 SHMA’s on preorder. That Megalon is a must. The theme park Godzilla looks amazingly cool. I don’t even know what that orange G’95 sculpt is but I love it. And I haven’t even tried to keep up with Singular Point. Not to mention all the gashapons that I gave up on long ago.

And I still like collecting Star Wars (though I’m much more focused on that front) and I’ve been diving deep into model building. It’s a freaking tsunami of nerdery right now! Im just trying to stay afloat… and yet, to quote Freddy Mercury, “I want it all! I want it ALLLL! And I want it NOOWWWW!!!!!!”

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Quick question: has anyone been able to get their hands on Legion? I've been waiting patiently for it to drop on Amazon but it has never seemed to reach the site. In contrast, I looked through a little while ago and found both Singular Point Jet Jaguar and Godzilla. Are you guys buying these figures from a different US vendor like BBTS or is it only on Japanese sites like HLJ? Thanks.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

kaijukurt wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:34 am
Moth wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:06 am https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 17761?s=20
Theme park ride figures!!!

WOW.

Both designs look great, but Ghidorah’s pose especially looks dynamic!

"Theme Park Ghidorah" looks like the love-child of the unholy union between KOTM Ghidorah and Gyaos 1995. That Godzilla will be mine however, oh yes it will be mine.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

2021 seems to be the year of MMS finally coming back to the greatness it once was. This is all fantastic. If only they started doing 8 inch figures again, I'd LOSE IT.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The theme park Godzilla figure is beautiful. I need it ASAP.
GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:01 am Quick question: has anyone been able to get their hands on Legion? I've been waiting patiently for it to drop on Amazon but it has never seemed to reach the site. In contrast, I looked through a little while ago and found both Singular Point Jet Jaguar and Godzilla. Are you guys buying these figures from a different US vendor like BBTS or is it only on Japanese sites like HLJ? Thanks.
I pre-ordered on HLJ and got mine in, I think BBTS has it for about what you'd pay with shipping from HLJ.

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

I can't believe we're getting a new Megalon. That's fucking insane. I'd KILL for a rerelease of G74 or 75. Maybe even a G73.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:10 pm Image
skreeonk.
Do we have any more info on this figure? Exclusivity? Release date? MSRP?

Also, I want to eat it it looks delicious

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:03 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:10 pm Image
skreeonk.
Do we have any more info on this figure? Exclusivity? Release date? MSRP?

Also, I want to eat it it looks delicious
It's a G-Fes Exclusive. I think it's just an incentive to buy a ticket. However, I think similar to the retro Godzilla it'll eventually get a wider release.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Please forgive my ignorance. Are you talking about G-fest the convention in Chicago? Last I saw that was cancelled for 2021. And I’d be surprised to see Bandai make an exclusive figure for it (though I know other manufacturers like Marmit and CCP have). Is “G-fes” something different than “G-fest”?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla Fes is not the same as G-FEST, no.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

So what is it then?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Ok, so it has been a looooong time since I've posted here, but ocassiinally I'll pop into the toy and media threads since a lot of interesting discussion happens there. But I haven't felt the need to post again until now.

I see a lot of people here worrying about where and how to order/preorder new Bandai figures, and sites like HLJ seem to be mentioned often. But is anyone here aware of the website Showcase Daikaiju? It's an American dealer run by someone who has been in the business of selling these types of toys for decades. Prices are EXTREMELY competitive, he stocks all new Bandais, shipping is within the US and the dealer is easily accessible via Facebook and will answer all concerns. Megalon is up for preorder and he even plans to add the theme park figures to the site.

Why buy from somewhere like HLJ and pay to ship from Japan when a great user friendly option exists in this country? Give it a try guys.

https://showcasedaikaiju.com/
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sat May 15, 2021 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Those prices are unbeatable. I can get four bandai vinyls I dont have for the price that one would be sold by scalpers on ebay. Thank you for showing this.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:10 am Ok, so it has been a looooong time since I've posted here, but ocassiinally I'll pop into the toy and media threads since a lot of interesting discussion happens there. But I haven't felt the need to post again until now.

I see a lot of people here worrying about where and how to order/preorder new Bandai figures, and sites like HLJ seem to be mentioned often. But is anyone here aware of the website Showcase Daikaiju? It's an American dealer run by someone who has been in the business of selling these types of toys for decades. Prices are EXTREMELY competitive, he stocks all new Bandais, shipping is within the US and the dealer is easily accessible via Facebook and will answer all concerns. Megalon is up for preorder and he even plans to add the theme park figures to the site.

Why buy from somewhere like HLJ and pay to ship from Japan when a great user friendly option exists in this country? Give it a try guys.

Holy crap, there he is! Hope you're doing well Mike.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:10 am Ok, so it has been a looooong time since I've posted here, but ocassiinally I'll pop into the toy and media threads since a lot of interesting discussion happens there. But I haven't felt the need to post again until now.

Shipping is only $25 from HLJ. So for example.. they are around $18 higher for Anguirus and Manda just for the figure. That's a lot hight then HLJ without their shipping.. HLJ is cheaper. This is me personally but thank you for sharing other options for others.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Of course, it's always nice to support a smaller US dealer who is doing it specifically for the community. Out of all the US options for this stuff, this site is still the best there is, especially considering there are some lunatics out there price gouging the crap out of these toys.