Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by JAGzilla »

Jesus, I jumped ship just in time. You people are paying $40 or $50+ before shipping and fees for a single MMS vinyl? "$160 is a fair price"? I have like nine MMS vinyls, and I doubt I paid much more than $160 for all of them combined.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:24 am Jesus, I jumped ship just in time. You people are paying $40 or $50+ before shipping and fees for a single MMS vinyl? "$160 is a fair price"? I have like nine MMS vinyls, and I doubt I paid much more than $160 for all of them combined.
You must not realize these aren't your average, everyday MMS figures

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:42 am
JAGzilla wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:24 am Jesus, I jumped ship just in time. You people are paying $40 or $50+ before shipping and fees for a single MMS vinyl? "$160 is a fair price"? I have like nine MMS vinyls, and I doubt I paid much more than $160 for all of them combined.
I mean, I know they're exclusives, but triple the regular price? And I'm looking at them on a YT review, and they don't look like anything overly special. The Ghidorah, kind of, but not the Godzilla. They're a little more detailed than the MMS standard, but come on.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:32 pm
CyberZilla wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:59 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:38 am There are several dealers on various FB groups taking order for the theme park figures. But from the looks of it $100 each is going to be the average price.
Yikes. Hopefully there will be more generous sellers in the future, who knows. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Mandrake. Don't support your local dealers scalpers.
Many of the dealers I support on FB certainly aren't scalpers. Showcase Daikaiju definitely isn't.

There are some good American dealers out there who are super helpful and fair with prices. Don't let the XianToys of the world make you think they're all terrible
Last edited by Legion1979 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

See I don't feel a twang of regret not scrambling to grab these two, especially not for 160 dollars, when there's been more new molds this year than I've ever seen. Besides Shin Neronga and Gabora, there's two Jet Jaguars, a Megalon, a Manda, a King Kong, and
Spoiler:
kinda sorta Varan, Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus
as well, all of which I've been wanting for years and what I've wanted enough to buy I've been able to pay pretty much MSRP before shipping. Talk about an embarrassment of riches! (Though I will say that Godzilla design is possibly my favorite of the Reiwa era, and is what I wish Monsterverse looked like)
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Has a name been decided upon for the new Godzilla the Ride design yet? RaidoGoji maybe…?
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

At times like this I am tempted to just move the glow-in-the-dark Reactor Glow Godzilla to a different room...
"Ok, stand here on the monster shelf and don't act like you."
"Am I playing a different kaiju?"
"Beats me, but according to Singular Point it's a viable option and I'm just trying to save a hundred bucks at this point."
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:51 pm "Ok, stand here on the monster shelf and don't act like you."
"Am I playing a different kaiju?"
"Beats me, but according to Singular Point it's a viable option and I'm just trying to save a hundred bucks at this point."
"You idiots! That's not them - you've captured their stunt doubles!"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:50 am
CyberZilla wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:59 pm

Yikes. Hopefully there will be more generous sellers in the future, who knows. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Many of the dealers I support on FB certainly aren't scalpers. Showcase Daikaiju definitely isn't.

There are some good American dealers out there who are super helpful and fair with prices. Don't let the XianToys of the world make you think they're all terrible
No. I totally agree here. But for those trying to peddle these off for $100 a pop? Forget that.

I did just score both of these figures for roughly $65 a piece, directly from Japan. So around $130, give or take a buck or two, for them both, shipped. Not my proudest moment, but I wanted to grab them before things get nutsy with them. I'll either have done myself a favor or will be kicking myself in the future.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:10 pm

No. I totally agree here. But for those trying to peddle these off for $100 a pop? Forget that.

I did just score both of these figures for roughly $65 a piece, directly from Japan. So around $130, give or take a buck or two, for them both, shipped. Not my proudest moment, but I wanted to grab them before things get nutsy with them. I'll either have done myself a favor or will be kicking myself in the future.
May I ask where'd you purchase them from?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:22 am

Japanese seller. Not a regular website.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

So true, they have a paint wash!!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Pretty cool variants of Shin Neronga and Gabora: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPre9boA26Q ... =copy_link

Don't know if I'd pay a premium price though. I think they're some kind of exclusive.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Nice to have confirmation Neronga will indeed retain is camouflage ability.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Just Plain Dan
G-Force Personnel

Post by Just Plain Dan »

Was able to get some of the new figures recently, and man, how great is it to not only have a Kong figure, but also one of Manda? Overall though, of the three that I bought, I’m really digging the one of Anguirus.
Last edited by Just Plain Dan on Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:29 pm
{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:22 am

Japanese seller. Not a regular website.
I need your contacts.. cheapest I have found is $150 for both.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:29 am
This is actually a legit post, lmfao.

Quote of the Year:

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:59 pm

It's still ridiculous beyond believe how much BANDAI has jacked up prices for their 6" vinyl figures over the last couple of years. They used to sell MMS as well as the old 6" Ultra Monster Series figures for 800 JPY, like only a handfull+ years ago. Now your same size MMS toy typically goes for 2000 JPY. Eclusives or a tad bigger ones may even range over 3000 to nearly 5000 JPY. All paired with consistently way worse paint applications compared to the sometimes beautifully detailed paint jobs their 800 JPY predecessors featured... 🤷‍♂️
I mean, I like that there's finally life in this line again, but collecting them just isn't as fun (for me) as it used to be back in the day, when you used to get like 3 figures for what you're now being charged for 1. This hobby starts to bleed your purse dry even before items hit 2nd hand market.
Size DOES matter!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Petezilla wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:49 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:59 pm

It's still ridiculous beyond believe how much BANDAI has jacked up prices for their 6" vinyl figures over the last couple of years. They used to sell MMS as well as the old 6" Ultra Monster Series figures for 800 JPY, like only a handfull+ years ago. Now your same size MMS toy typically goes for 2000 JPY. Eclusives or a tad bigger ones may even range over 3000 to nearly 5000 JPY. All paired with consistently way worse paint applications compared to the sometimes beautifully detailed paint jobs their 800 JPY predecessors featured... 🤷‍♂️
I mean, I like that there's finally life in this line again, but collecting them just isn't as fun (for me) as it used to be back in the day, when you used to get like 3 figures for what you're now being charged for 1. This hobby starts to bleed your purse dry even before items hit 2nd hand market.
Oh, no doubt. I remember getting boxs of MMS figures circa 2001-2007 for like $50 and it'd have 7-8 figures in it. I remember when G2K and Orga first came out, and were also my first ever Japanese toys, and I was able to get them both by just saving two weeks allowance at the time (I was only 11 or 12 years old). Still got them too, tags and all.

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I remember about a 20 years ago when Bandai would put out figures like MGll, Titanosaurus and Godzilla 74. Gorgeous toys that could be had for practically lunch money if you made sure to buy them when they were brand new. For the most part that level of craftsmanship has disappeared from the retail line. While it will be nice to have a new Bandai Megalon, I guarantee if this came out in 2002 it would have had more attention to detail in the sculpt and paint.

The retail Bandai line should have evolved to look like the Premium line that they're wallet raping consumers for. Instead collectors are paying about $30 for toys that don't look as nice as items sold 20 years ago, and $100+ for figures that are good but not spectacular.