Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Finally got my Hedorah and Megalon and have to say Hedorah retro color is an absolute most have he is fantastic. Megalon is good definitely see why some people say the paint could be better but still like him.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Could I please ask a quick question? Is this the official page on Amazon or is this one of the dozen bootleg pages that have appeared recently?

https://www.amazon.com/TwCare-Godzilla- ... 14&sr=8-51

I've always been meaning to get the SpaceGodzilla, has it already gone out of stock?

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Bootleg, gimmie a sec, I'll dig up the official listing.

...huh it's out of stock at $99 now
Last edited by Moth on Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

ROMG4 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:02 pm Could I please ask a quick question? Is this the official page on Amazon or is this one of the dozen bootleg pages that have appeared recently?

I've always been meaning to get the SpaceGodzilla, has it already gone out of stock?
Here's the seller. I'd avoid!
https://www.amazon.com/sp?seller=A24C7NQJ8VF5NI

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ROMG4 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:02 pm Could I please ask a quick question? Is this the official page on Amazon or is this one of the dozen bootleg pages that have appeared recently?

It's a bootleg.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

F'n Japan and their exclusives, man.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:32 pm Image

Is that Godzilla a recolored KotM version, or (finally) a new GvK sculpt?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

About 150$ for the set.

Fuck no. Why can't they just release Kong with axe as a separate thing? It would sell. ugggggh.

This feels worse than the Fire Godzilla figure. Hnng.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:04 pm

About 150$ for the set.

skreeonk no. Why can't they just release Kong with axe as a separate thing? It would sell. ugggggh.

I legit might get it for the bandais. 'Cause God f'n damn.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I got a question. Im trying to get a super premium Godzilla by the end of the year. A number of sellers have them warped for far cheaper than the normal price, so do any of you know if I would be able to fix this:

I absolutely hate buying damaged figures, but Id be saving $400 to $600 potentially so if there is a way to fix it I might just have to jump on that.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I’d have to see more pictures to really get an idea, but that left (our right) shin looks completely crushed in on itself. My gut reaction says “good luck with that…” :freak:

Based solely on that photo, IF it’s salvageable, I’d expect to have to create some kind of internal support because the vinyl clearly can’t support it’s own weight any more.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I wouldn't bother. Maybe a smaller figure that looked like that could be repaired, but something that size, that heavy and with vinyl that thick could be very hard to repair without having to really go in there and doing a lot of work. Doesn't seem worth it.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Ill just go with one thats in good condition, even if it makes my wallet angry.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:56 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:04 pm

About 150$ for the set.

skreeonk no. Why can't they just release Kong with axe as a separate thing? It would sell. ugggggh.

I legit might get it for the bandais. 'Cause God f'n damn.
Just got my set secured. I like these figures. Kong with axe was expectable and the translucent blue Godzilla actually looks very nice.

I'm glad they didn't go with S.H.MonstetArts figures for Godzilla & Kong this time, like they did with both Japan Premium BR sets for G'14 & KOTM. That would have easily cost $200 upwards.
Size DOES matter!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:42 am Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Ill just go with one thats in good condition, even if it makes my wallet angry.
Don't make my wallet angry. You wouldn't like it when it's angry.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:46 am I got a question. Im trying to get a super premium Godzilla by the end of the year. A number of sellers have them warped for far cheaper than the normal price, so do any of you know if I would be able to fix this:

I absolutely hate buying damaged figures, but Id be saving $400 to $600 potentially so if there is a way to fix it I might just have to jump on that.
I gotta ask, how does something like this happen? Did someone put some heavy ass books on top of it? Did it get crushed in transit?

I ask because currently I have some of the bandais on top of each other to save space (no space currently). I don't put anything heavy, but for example, I've put Servum and Mothra 2019 on top/back of some of the bulkier figures.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:46 am I got a question. Im trying to get a super premium Godzilla by the end of the year. A number of sellers have them warped for far cheaper than the normal price, so do any of you know if I would be able to fix this:

I gotta ask, how does something like this happen? Did someone put some heavy ass books on top of it? Did it get crushed in transit?

I ask because currently I have some of the bandais on top of each other to save space (no space currently). I don't put anything heavy, but for example, I've put Servum and Mothra 2019 on top/back of some of the bulkier figures.
If I had a guess, probably putting it way too close to a window during a hot summer. I cant think of any other way that could happen.
Thats actually one of my biggest (probably irrational) fears. I live in Florida and a lot of my figures come in super soft after being in a hot mail car for many hours, so Im always worried that they will warp, even if its probably unlikely. Thankfully by the time I get the big figure it will be late December.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:34 pm

I personally don't put figures on top of each other for that reason. I had my Bandai Shin 2nd form resting on my Bandai MUTO for a while and it bent the MUTO legs pretty bad. Granted they're very thin vinyl but better safe than sorry.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I was supposed to get my Bandai Yamata no Orochi yesterday. It got delayed. Was supposed to get it today. It got delayed again. I need a place to cry for the rest of the day.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Any updates on Gorosaurus’ release date?