Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^Man, that ride design figure looks neat. What's that Shin in those pics?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:07 pm ^Man, that ride design figure looks neat. What's that Shin in those pics?
That is the exclusive Bandai figure from the Godzilla vs. Evangelion: The Real 4-D ride at Universal Studios, along with the other Ghidorah back there. I was actually going to sell it originally since I only wanted the Ghidorah, but being molded in a translucent red, it just looks too cool, especially when you stick a light behind it. A great improvement over the standard MMS figure, IMO.

Last edited by Shenanigans on Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

My SeibuGoji just arrived today. Honestly, I really dig the design, I just wish that the head was a little larger and the neck a little longer. Everything else about it is pure kino.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:54 am
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:07 pm ^Man, that ride design figure looks neat. What's that Shin in those pics?
That is the exclusive Bandai figure from the Godzilla vs. Evangelion: The Real 4-D ride at Universal Studios, along with the other Ghidorah back there. I was actually going to sell it originally since I only wanted the Ghidorah, but being molded in a translucent red, it just looks too cool, especially when you stick a light behind it. A great improvement over the standard MMS figure, IMO.

Wow, that really gives me an all new appreciation for the MMS sculpt - it seems like the paint on the standard version really holds it back. This variant looks awesome.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im not sure if this is the right thread for this, but here goes nothing. I am getting two Mothras soon, the Gmk and Mothra 2003, both 8 inch. I dont have any more space on the shelves so I wanted to hang them from the bottom of my highest shelf. Anyone have any idea how I would do that? Ive seen people do it before, but I dont know how.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:00 am Im not sure if this is the right thread for this, but here goes nothing. I am getting two Mothras soon, the Gmk and Mothra 2003, both 8 inch. I dont have any more space on the shelves so I wanted to hang them from the bottom of my highest shelf. Anyone have any idea how I would do that? Ive seen people do it before, but I dont know how.
Do they still have the tags on them? I hang a lot of flying kaiju by their tags.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

A small hook on the shelf above them and a 'figure 8' of thin string or fish line also works well, they're not that heavy. I've also used plastic stands, but while it's more flexible in placement, it's not going to look quite as good:

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Platypus Prime wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:58 am A small hook on the shelf above them and a 'figure 8' of thin string or fish line also works well, they're not that heavy. I've also used plastic stands, but while it's more flexible in placement, it's not going to look quite as good:

Are those the Tamashii Stage Act stands?
Last edited by gridiron_kaiju on Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Yes, I got them on Amazon. The boxes say 'Act Humanoid', I told the box if I wanted its lifestyle advice I'd have asked for it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N8 ... UTF8&psc=1

I used the 'claw' part to grip the moths, then bent the short side of the arm to support the body better. Not great and the bases are pretty wide but they work.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:10 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:00 am Im not sure if this is the right thread for this, but here goes nothing. I am getting two Mothras soon, the Gmk and Mothra 2003, both 8 inch. I dont have any more space on the shelves so I wanted to hang them from the bottom of my highest shelf. Anyone have any idea how I would do that? Ive seen people do it before, but I dont know how.
Do they still have the tags on them? I hang a lot of flying kaiju by their tags.
They dont have tags unfortunately, but it allowed me to get them cheaper and, honestly, I dont like how figures look with tags. I only have one tagged figure in my collection, and the only reason I kept the tag on was because it was a theater exclusive. But I digress.

The tamashi stands are cool and all, but wouldn't work in this context. Partly because they are 8 inch scale not 6, but also because I dont have a surface for the stand to sit on. The only room I have for them is to hang them from the bottom of the shelf.

The figure 8 thing, do you by any chance have a picture of what that would look like?
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:11 pm I can't get enough of this design, and frankly I'm a little upset that the best Godzilla Toho has designed in years isn't in a movie.
I feel similarly. I picked up the Ride figure as well (waited a bit and luckily got it closer to what it apparently costs at the theme park; the prices when it first released were a joke), and it's kind of a shame that such an excellent design is more or less wasted on a short film that only a few people will get to see.

Unless they've got plans to use it in the future, or something similar.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

It'd be cool if the next Toho Godzilla film used that design. It's traditional and fresh at the same time, unlike the more outlandish Shin, Earth and SP designs.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I don't have any decent ones set up right now, but it's just a case of looping the string around twice and tying the knot so it is in the middle to balance everything. You can either loop it under the head and abdomen, or around both wings, whatever works best.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I can't wait for Megalon and Gorosaurus to be released this wave is more than I expected by far

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Has anyone picked up the new Mechagodzilla vinyl yet and if so how is it? I thought about picking him up with Megalon but didn’t know if he was worth the price.
Last edited by DoubleDam21 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

DoubleDam21 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:49 am Has anyone picked up the new Mechagodzilla vinyl yet and if so how is it? I thought about picking him up with Megalon but didn’t know if he was worth the price.
I have MechaGodzilla (2021 version) and I like it. Didn’t care for the design in the movie but as a vinyl toy it looks quite nice and looks good with the King Kong (I bought that one for my brother).

I think mine was $18 or so, but that was on HLJ and they sold out immediately and never restocked. Not sure what the current asking price for it is right now.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Creature22 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:48 am
DoubleDam21 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:49 am Has anyone picked up the new Mechagodzilla vinyl yet and if so how is it? I thought about picking him up with Megalon but didn’t know if he was worth the price.
I have MechaGodzilla (2021 version) and I like it. Didn’t care for the design in the movie but as a vinyl toy it looks quite nice and looks good with the King Kong (I bought that one for my brother).

I think mine was $18 or so, but that was on HLJ and they sold out immediately and never restocked. Not sure what the current asking price for it is right now.
Alright thank you. I've seen it for around $35 - $40 so I was wondering if I needed it for that price or not.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

DoubleDam21 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:23 am Alright thank you. I've seen it for around $35 - $40 so I was wondering if I needed it for that price or not.
Depending on shipping I think $35 or so is probably fair. If you could get free shipping, even better. It’s a little bit taller than the other 6 inch figures and has a good sculpt but I wouldn’t pay more than that for one unless you really loved the character and movie.
Last edited by Creature22 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Got my Ultra Monster DX Tyrant a few days ago and my Movie Monster Series SeibuGoji today, awesome figures (though I wish Godzilla's head wasn't so damn smol)

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Is anybody else irriated that there's not a single BANDAI figure slated for release (so far) to commemorate the 50th anniversary of 'Godzilla VS Hedorah', which is 2021...? I just realized that and found it a bit odd to be honest, especially considering how popular Hedorah seemingly is in Japan and how busy they have been with the Movie Monster Series this year so far, you would expect at least a Godzilla Store exclusive color variant or something like that... :eh:
Size DOES matter!