Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I need you all to know that after several years I finally found a Movie Monster Series Godzilla Jr for like $40.
Also got Gorosaurus and Mothra Larva
:gigan:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

HLJ just got the new Jet Jaguar and Salunga MMS figures in.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Any further word on the Eva figures and if they are just MG repaints.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

cloverfan98 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:36 pm Any further word on the Eva figures and if they are just MG repaints.
Not sure still they are called Bandai Evangelion EVA-01 Movie Monsters and Bandai Evangelion EVA-02 Movie Monsters Figure with no mention of MG but the older ones both said MG in the name of the figure.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:49 pm
cloverfan98 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:36 pm Any further word on the Eva figures and if they are just MG repaints.
Not sure still they are called Bandai Evangelion EVA-01 Movie Monsters and Bandai Evangelion EVA-02 Movie Monsters Figure with no mention of MG but the older ones both said MG in the name of the figure.
This probably helps the case for these being actual EVAs is that Bandai just announced MMS Kamen Rider Black and Shadow Moon for November. Meaning they are branching out.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I’d like to hope that if Bandai does actual EVA vinyls that we might one day get figures of the Angels as well. One can dream at least.

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:46 am
This probably helps the case for these being actual EVAs is that Bandai just announced MMS Kamen Rider Black and Shadow Moon for November. Meaning they are branching out.
Where did they announce this at?

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Titanus_Rodan wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:04 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:46 am

Where did they announce this at?

From: https://timelessdimension0.blogspot.com ... 2.html?m=1

2022年10月29日
ムービーモンスターシリーズ 仮面ライダーBLACK SUN
仮面ライダーBLACK SUN
バンダイ
1,980円(税込)
全高:約170mm

26TH OCTOBER 2022
MOVIE MONSTER SERIES KAMEN RIDER BLACK SUN
KAMEN RIDER BLACK SUN
BANDAI
1,980円(JAPAN SALES TAX INCLUDED)
height 170mm

2022年11月26日
ムービーモンスターシリーズ 仮面ライダーSHADOWMOON
仮面ライダーBLACK SUN
バンダイ
1,980円(税込)
全高:約170mm

26TH NOVEMBER 2022
MOVIE MONSTER SERIES KAMEN RIDER SHADOWMOON
KAMEN RIDER BLACK SUN
BANDAI
1,980円(JAPAN SALES TAX INCLUDED)
height 170mm
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Now Ultraman anime MMS figures have showed up online too. I think this is all trending well for the EVAs to be legit.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

What the... I don't get BANDAI's decisions anymore. Kamen Riders in the Movie Monster Series... are those at least from that upcoming 'Shin Kamen Rider' movie? :?:

And I also could get behind Shin Ultraman & the respective monsters from that movie to be included, but... ANIME ULTRAMEN...?! :|
I mean, these are literal humans in technical suiits, very much like Ironmam. What on earth is 'monstruous' enough about THESE, to be put in the 'Movie Monster Series'...?! :eh:
Last edited by Petezilla on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Petezilla wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:36 am What the... I don't get BANDAI's decisions anymore. Kamen Riders in the Movie Monster Series... are those at least from that upcoming 'Shin Ultraman' movie? :?:

And I also could get behind Shin Ultraman & the respective monsters from that movie to be included, but... ANIME ULTRAMEN...?! :|
I mean, these are literal humans in technical suiits, very much like Ironmam. What on earth is 'monstruous' enough about THESE, to be put in the 'Movie Monster Series'...?! :eh:
I’m going to guess it has to do with the “shared universe” tie in they have been promoting (which is exclusive to merchandising from what I understand, not crossing over the films themselves). So Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Godzilla and Evangelion would all be in it.

The Black Sun figures do look very cool (and more animalistic/organic looking, although as an argument to support them in the MMS that is a bit of a stretch), but I’m not going to feel pressured to be a completist because they have MMS slapped on their tags.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Kamen Rider Black Sun isn't Shin Kamen Rider. It's... Kamen Rider Black Sun.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I'm surprised MMS isn't starting with Shin Kamen Rider (maybe they are holding off for when the film is closer to release). Promoting Black Sun through the MMS is a little odd when Masked Rider has its own line of vinyl figures already, but with the whole Shared Universe/cross promotion thing I suppose it's not all that far-fetched.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Creature22 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:54 pm I'm surprised MMS isn't starting with Shin Kamen Rider [...]. Promoting Black Sun through the MMS is a little odd when Masked Rider has its own line of vinyl figures already, [...].
This is exactly what I thought, too. Especially considering how good those prototypes actually look. I'd much rather want to get again decently sized and painted Ultra Monsters in the Movie Monster Series instead of humanoid characters - especially since the once great BANDAI Ultra Monster Series (& Ultra Hero Series, too) went to absolute BS qualiity- & price-wise, to the point where I seriously debate with mysel if I should just stop collecting these altogether... :|
Size DOES matter!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Petezilla wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:55 amespecially since the once great BANDAI Ultra Monster Series (& Ultra Hero Series, too) went to absolute BS qualiity
They're $5 children's toys.

Quote of the Year:

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

Pre-orders are up for the Ultraman Anime and Kamen Rider MMS figures

Movie monster Series Seven
https://www.hlj.com/movie-monster-serie ... -bann81001

Movie monster Series Ultraman
https://www.hlj.com/movie-monster-serie ... -bann80999

Movie monster series Kamen Rider Black Sun
https://www.hlj.com/movie-monster-serie ... -bann83381

Movie Monster Series Kamen Rider SHadowmoon
https://www.hlj.com/movie-monster-serie ... -bann83383

*EDIT*
Now I think I understand.
The Kamen Rider MMS figures are based on the upcoming "Kamen Rider Black Sun" that's set to debut on Amazon Prime this Fall.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Black_Sun

While the Ultraman Anime MMS figures are based on the Netflix show.
Last edited by Titanus_Rodan on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:27 am
Petezilla wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:55 amespecially since the once great BANDAI Ultra Monster Series (& Ultra Hero Series, too) went to absolute BS qualiity
Oh come on, even some of the slightly higher priced, larger figures aren't as nice as they used to be.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:36 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:27 am
Oh come on, even some of the slightly higher priced, larger figures aren't as nice as they used to be.
Well yeah. But even the larger lines like MMS have cut back on paint and even sculpt detail compared to old. Times have changed, not just for bandai either. Compare stuff like the new Alien toys in the US to 1990s Kenner. No contest.

I can't see the point in just complaining and comparing the Ultra 500 stuff to old lines. At least these aren't over priced. They're $5.

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I paid twice as much in 2021 for a Bandai Gorosaurus than I did in 1994 and I got a figure that was only half as good. Sad.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:59 am I paid twice as much in 2021 for a Bandai Gorosaurus than I did in 1994 and I got a figure that was only half as good. Sad.
Oh, yeah. That I agree with. I'm specifically talking about the Spark Doll/Ultra 500 line of figures.

Quote of the Year: