Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I really hope they use that "RideGoji" design for their eventual TohoVerse Godzilla films.

The only thing I don't like about it, and this is also true of the Legendary design, is the trend toward having the dorsal plates be the same color as the skin. I prefer the bone-white plates.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

RideGoji? That's a thing now?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:18 am RideGoji? That's a thing now?
I don't think so, at least probably not from the Japanese fandom (not that I can find). Wouldn't it be too similar to "RadoGoji" to be practical?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

While random, Radogoji was what I fan-named NECA's Reactor-Glow Godzilla (like rads as in nuclear measurements...)

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I've seen "SeibuGoji" or "SeibuenGoji" used for the design.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:50 am While random, Radogoji was what I fan-named NECA's Reactor-Glow Godzilla (like rads as in nuclear measurements...)
RadoGoji is the name for the 1993 suit. Named after Rodan (whose Japanese name is Radon).

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

HAH! I had no idea...then again, Godzilla is older than the Simpsons, he probably did it first MANY times.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

DoubleDam21 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:23 am
KingKaiju wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:49 pm The weirdo fan inside of me made me hesitate on the ride figure, just because it's not in a movie. But, I said "screw it" and grabbed one. Good thing too, since it looks like AC capped on their orders. Ya know, in a world of X Plus and SHMA, there's something really nice about just good ole solid MMS figures.
I thought the same thing with USJ King Ghidorah but really glad I did as its one of my favorite designs. Also for the people getting Godzilla ride figure are you getting KG as well? I was going to pick Godzilla up but I don't know if I want KG to go with him or not and wanted to know what peoples opinion of him were.
I didn't, but I'm sure I'll regret it later.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Thanks for all the responses. I think I will get them both for now and if I don't like Ghidorah in person I could always try to sell it. Although it seems like I might have waited too long as everywhere is now sold out of both.

Adeno
Monarch Researcher

Post by Adeno »

Instead of going to Seibuen Amusement Park, my Ride Goji ended up at Disney :lol:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

The new MMS Jet Jaguar 1973 is out. Found a comparison with the 2007 figure, and it appears that Bandai needlessly created a whole new sculpt for him after all. I thought it was just the arms, but evidently all of it is new.

https://twitter.com/g_misterbuster/stat ... 6322733063

I really don't know why they couldn't just do a straight reissue, but the new one looks great regardless. Bandai really went from bare-minimum effort with the last few years of releases to putting in more effort than needed this year. :lol: Normally I might complain that they could've put those resources into a new mold for a character who hasn't been in the MMS line yet, but its hard to say that with, you know, 20 new releases this year. They've been on fire! :D

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Shenanigans wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 am The new MMS Jet Jaguar 1973 is out. Found a comparison with the 2007 figure, and it appears that Bandai needlessly created a whole new sculpt for him after all. I thought it was just the arms, but evidently all of it is new.

https://twitter.com/g_misterbuster/stat ... 6322733063

I really don't know why they couldn't just do a straight reissue, but the new one looks great regardless. Bandai really went from bare-minimum effort with the last few years of releases to putting in more effort than needed this year. :lol: Normally I might complain that they could've put those resources into a new mold for a character who hasn't been in the MMS line yet, but its hard to say that with, you know, 20 new releases this year. They've been on fire! :D
I am eagerly awaiting getting my hands on this lad. The announcement of JJ alone makes me want to collect the MMS figures.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Anyone else REALLY hoping we get another wave of SP figures? I know lots of folk want Sarunga (as do I), but I am utterly drooling over the idea of an
Spoiler:
SP MechaGodzilla
figure.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:11 pm Anyone else REALLY hoping we get another wave of SP figures? I know lots of folk want Sarunga (as do I), but I am utterly drooling over the idea of an
Spoiler:
SP MechaGodzilla
figure.
Likely we'll get a second wave when
Spoiler:
season 2 is released. Since presumably there won't be many more forms, they'll probably fill out the roster with other monsters and mechs
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Shenanigans wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 am The new MMS Jet Jaguar 1973 is out. Found a comparison with the 2007 figure, and it appears that Bandai needlessly created a whole new sculpt for him after all. I thought it was just the arms, but evidently all of it is new.
I've been trying to find this guy for preorders, but every site I went to never had him listed. And now he's out? I feel like such a schmuck now.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

cmdmstudios wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:08 pm
I've been trying to find this guy for preorders, but every site I went to never had him listed. And now he's out? I feel like such a schmuck now.
HobbySearch and Plaza Japan still have em in stock

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:38 pm
Thanks very much. For whatever reason, he never showed up on HLJ or AmiAmi.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

cmdmstudios wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:42 pm
{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Thanks very much. For whatever reason, he never showed up on HLJ or AmiAmi.
I saw it listed on HLJ a while ago, with no image, and it said "order stop"

Now it's gone entirely lol

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:45 pm I saw it listed on HLJ a while ago, with no image, and it said "order stop"

Now it's gone entirely lol
Yeah, HLJ really botched a few of the MMS preorders. This happened with Mechagodzilla 2021 as well. And several of the figures actually did get listed on there but in the wrong category. Jet Jaguar was on "Order Stop" for months.

I'd like to think they'll relist Jet Jaguar on there but they never did for Mechagodzilla '21, so maybe I'll just look elsewhere. Was hoping to ship him with my Megalon preorder though. -_-
Last edited by Creature22 on Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Finally received my Godzilla: The Ride figures. Fairly impressed, the paint wash does wonders. The only articulation Ghidorah has is in the feet, but its still cooler (and bigger) in person than I thought it would be. Still prefer the snake-like "Shin Ghidorah" from the Evangelion ride though. Godzilla's the highlight here, of course. The arms are in a somewhat awkward position but the detail in the sculpt is immaculate. I can't get enough of this design, and frankly I'm a little upset that the best Godzilla Toho has designed in years isn't in a movie.

Taking pictures of Godzilla with the flash on truly makes it pop. Definitely a good call design-wise, I like a Godzilla with a splash of color.