General Gashapon/Small Figurine Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: POST YOUR GASHAPONS !!!

Post by Shenanigans »

darkcancer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:18 am
Shenanigans wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:55 pm Now I have at least one figure for each monster in the original Gashapon line, though that doesn't include all the repaints, reissues, remolds and everything else. But I think I got at least one of everybody now.
If you are curious about the numbers, the entire HG line (from HG 1 - HG D+ 05) contains 107 unique sculps. This counts double figures such as Super X & Super X II as 1 and does not count repeat sculps used for Godzilla HG 2 and Burning Godzilla HG 4 and Mothra 2004 (HG 10) and Fire Mothra (HG 11). This also includes the 3 Ultra Q monsters released with the HG Tsuburaya Selection which I included just so I have the complete set. There are a total of 58 reused sculps (from HG EX and Chronicles, the above mentioned two, and the HG 6 Crystal set, and the bunch of Shin recently) for a grand total of 165 in the complete run released as of now.

If you are just wondering about the original run (I separate them as HG 1 - HG Chronicles 3) then there are 72 unique sculps, following the same counting method as above (such as including the 3 Ultra Q).
Very informative! I count about 88 unique sculpts in my collection, though that's a quick, rough count. Just for completionist sake I may try to track down a few of those I'm missing. But it feels good to have just about one figure for everybody. Been a looooooong time coming. :)

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

The completionist mindset is how I ended up collecting all of them also. I started with just ones I like, then started getting complete sets off eBay, then when the Chronicle sets started coming and I figured there wasn't going to be any movies (and therefore sets) for a while, I figured I'd fill the gaps. Now I just need to keep up with current releases.

Speaking of current releases, the HG Gamera Ichi set is popping up finally. Pretty excited we are finally getting more Gamera HGs and can't wait to see if they continue the line (with a name like Ichi I kind of expect it).
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

Any news about SP getting a gashapon set? Would love to add to the collection

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard anything as of late. I have no idea what's going on with that Godzilla vs. Kong set, or the Mechagodzilla and Aqua Mothra figures if they're even part of that set. They were supposed to be released last month too I think. Been dead quiet lately despite everything going on with the franchise. Only new things are the aforementioned Gamera figures (which look awesome by the way).

I'm really hoping we could get a few Singular Point sets given how many monsters are in it, but its taking so long to announce anything from it. Don't know what the hold-up is. At least Bandai's delivering a lot of vinyls.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 am I'm a little surprised we haven't heard anything as of late. I have no idea what's going on with that Godzilla vs. Kong set, or the Mechagodzilla and Aqua Mothra figures if they're even part of that set. They were supposed to be released last month too I think. Been dead quiet lately despite everything going on with the franchise. Only new things are the aforementioned Gamera figures (which look awesome by the way).
Godzilla vs Kong doesn't release in Japan until May 14th and I think that was a push back so it makes sense they would delay it for the movie.
I'm really hoping we could get a few Singular Point sets given how many monsters are in it, but its taking so long to announce anything from it. Don't know what the hold-up is. At least Bandai's delivering a lot of vinyls.
Agreed big time. Also hoping since they're likely making a second gashapon set for GVK to feature Mechagodzilla, we get some Warbat rep.

RIP Evan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:17 am
Agreed big time. Also hoping since they're likely making a second gashapon set for GVK to feature Mechagodzilla, we get some Warbat rep.
Be great if it was an entire MV-themed set. MechaGodzilla, Warbat, Skullcrawler and Behemoth!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

I'm thinking there are several routes Bandai can go with this to include both the MV and SP kaiju in future sets:

1. Just keep going with the HG D+ Godzilla sets where the next one - 07 - will have MV and/or SP monsters (Like HG 2017 included the Anime Godzilla)
2. Keep the HG D+ line going with only MV and live action kaiju from the earlier eras (like D+02 onwards) and created a parallel series just for SP kaiju due to the large cast involved.
3. My fear, Bandai releases another D+EX set that includes MV and/or SP kaiju that forces completionists to purchase the more expensive set like the KOTM D+EX01. For example, if D+06 ends up just being a combination of the 2 previews (MechaG 93, Aqua Mothra, Godzilla 2021 and Kong 2021), the next D+EX could include any of MechaG 2021, Warbat, skullcrawler, maybe a lesser KOTM kaiju or crawling Godzilla 2021. If D+06 or 07 include the SP Godzilla, then the D+EX could include pretty much any other SP kaiju.

I'm hoping for option 1, but hopefully the D+06 full spoiler will come out soon any maybe we can take one of these options off the table. I do expect a new D+EX to be announced soon also since D+EX02 got released last month (and I hope it will cost less than that giant Biollante!).

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

I honestly don't mind the D+ line continuing with SP kaijus mixed in. I am going to kill myself (financially) if they include some of the SP ones in a D+EX. I still haven't got MV Rodan and Mothra, and I can't justify the costs. Same with the Biollante despite how awesome she is!

Please Bandai, just do a set or two of D+s with SP kaijus. I'm fairly tempted to get the movie monster ones seeing that we might get all of them in that line.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Ultima!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

K, I am now officaly lost on what this set's theme is lmaoo.

So, it seems
Spoiler:
Mechagodzilla 21 will be another set. Makes sense I suppose. Film still isn't out in Japan, don't want to spoil him with a toy.

Wouldn't that be funny, PLAYMATES.

RIP Evan.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Hmm, not a big fan of Godzilla Ultima being isolated like that; reminds me of how we got anime Godzilla 2017 in one set with some other Godzilla's and then not a single other figure from that whole trilogy. There weren't even that many monsters in that trilogy, there wasn't much excuse to just skip them all...

Its possible, if not more likely, that the last character will also be a Singular Point character (Jet Jaguar would be the obvious candidate), but that doesn't exactly inspire much confidence that we'll be getting much in the way of SP characters. I was really gunning to see some SP-character-exclusive sets. Oh well.

August release, BTW. I'm amusing the GvK set will be released next month or June.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Shenanigans wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 pm Hmm, not a big fan of Godzilla Ultima being isolated like that; reminds me of how we got anime Godzilla 2017 in one set with some other Godzilla's and then not a single other figure from that whole trilogy. There weren't even that many monsters in that trilogy, there wasn't much excuse to just skip them all...

Its possible, if not more likely, that the last character will also be a Singular Point character (Jet Jaguar would be the obvious candidate), but that doesn't exactly inspire much confidence that we'll be getting much in the way of SP characters. I was really gunning to see some SP-character-exclusive sets. Oh well.

August release, BTW. I'm amusing the GvK set will be released next month or June.
The fact that it's character A, and not "JJ", indicates it's most likely going to a spoiler from SP, and not just Jet Jaguar; or possibly a "final Jet Jaguar".

I have mixed feelings. I appreciate SP getting some gashapons rather than none, but damn is this whole set inconsistent. I'll take Aqua-Mothra though!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:17 am
Shenanigans wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 pm Hmm, not a big fan of Godzilla Ultima being isolated like that; reminds me of how we got anime Godzilla 2017 in one set with some other Godzilla's and then not a single other figure from that whole trilogy. There weren't even that many monsters in that trilogy, there wasn't much excuse to just skip them all...

The fact that it's character A, and not "JJ", indicates it's most likely going to a spoiler from SP, and not just Jet Jaguar; or possibly a "final Jet Jaguar".

I have mixed feelings. I appreciate SP getting some gashapons rather than none, but damn is this whole set inconsistent. I'll take Aqua-Mothra though!
Watch it be MechaGodzilla 21 to avoid spoilers for GvK in Japan, while Godzilla and Kong come out in June.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:31 pm K, I am now officaly lost on what this set's theme is lmaoo.

So, it seems
Spoiler:
Mechagodzilla 21 will be another set. Makes sense I suppose. Film still isn't out in Japan, don't want to spoil him with a toy.

Wouldn't that be funny, PLAYMATES.
There' s still a chance that will be one of the two unannounced figures in D+ 06 since Mechagozilla 93 and Aqua Mothra got pushed to D+ 07. As for the last one in 07, it almost seems like Bandai was unaware of the number of Kaiju in SP when they planned the gashapon sets. They did release a decent number of the 6" already but maybe that was a different group or department? I do suspect the last unknown in 07 will be either an SP kaiju or Godzilla 93 to go with Mechagodzilla (even though I'd prefer the SP option or even Dagahra).

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

I'm thrilled that they're doing an S.P. Godzilla, but I'm also concerned that it'll get the same treatment the 2017 anime did. I was kinda hoping they would do the Servum, Mechagodzilla, and King Ghidorah from that trilogy. Hopefully, something comes out of it.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Mechagodzilla will absolutely be in the GvK 06 set. The question is who else will be getting a figure in that set. None of the other monsters from that movie had much screentime so I don't know about any of them. If I had to bet on anyone, I'd say Warbat, but I'm not sure.

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to a different approach - Kong 2017. The more Kong in the Gashapon line, the better! Plus there were no small scale figures from that movie.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:17 am The fact that it's character A, and not "JJ", indicates it's most likely going to a spoiler from SP, and not just Jet Jaguar; or possibly a "final Jet Jaguar".
It's also possible the prototype isn't ready yet. But who knows?

Just some wishful thinking - they clearly want every set to have a Godzilla in it,
Spoiler:
and since there are new Godzilla forms in SP, maybe they can make some SP sets with those Godzilla forms. Like, the next set could have Godzilla Aquatilis and three other, separate kaiju from the series. Again, its wishful thinking, I'm skeptical Bandai would go that route, unfortunately...
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Weird how they moved things around, they bumped Aqua Mothra and Mechagodzilla to the newly announced 07 alongside Godzilla Ultima and gave Godzilla vs. Kong to 06 which I hope includes more from that film.

I also hope the last mystery figure in 07 is, at least, another character from Singular Point. Possibly Jet Jaguar?

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

Was not expecting Godzilla Ultima, and while I excited as heck to get it, I've also got this bad feeling in my gut. The fact there is any news of a SP exclusive set makes me worried there's a high chance of Godzilla Earth repeating.

Hopefully the higher audience score with SP will spur on an exclusive set (God knows how many shin sets there were.) It really sucks as well since I've committed to the Movie Monster Series. That Anguirus sold me on the whole set.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Bandai has been putting out a lot of high quality MMS figures for Godzilla SP. They’ve already released more than the entire anime trilogy line, and will release more. As a result, I think in the future we will be more likely to get some SP gashapons.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Wow. Seeing Ultima like that makes me appreciate the design a whole lot more. Cant wait for future SP gashapons!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: