General Gashapon/Small Figurine Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Re: POST YOUR GASHAPONS !!!

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

I wonder if they'll release another Singular Point set featuring all the forms of Godzilla leading up to Ultima, kind of like what they did with Shin Godzilla

But I'm not sure if S.P. has garnered enough traction for that to happen.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I got High Grade Series 6, and while I'm glad we got new gashapons for new monsters, there's a few glaring things that made this not as good as it could be.
First, Kong looks fine and dynamic, and I'm glad they have one with his axe, but I noticed what might be a production-wide paint error. Kong has scars on his chest, made of this grayish/white paint. That's fine. However, it appears there's "splattering" all over the front of Kong:

At first, I thought this was mud, or dust, showing that Kong was messy from fighting, but it just doesn't look right, and it's a strange detail to add. Additionally, I checked the other Kong I got (I actually got a complete set at a real gashapon king and got a double, which had the same problem.

Anyways, next is No. 8. However, in the little pamphlet, it's listed as "Skull Crawler" and no distinction is made.

Skull Crawler is noticeably smaller than the considerably bulky MG and Godzilla, which are the chase figures. First, I'm glad that it got a figure to begin with, but I can't help but notice how much smaller and simpler it is compared to MG and even Kong. This made me suspect something, which I have no proof on. I figure that because in Japan these are sold randomly, that probably more resources go to making "chase" figures in the set, while other figures are made using considerably less plastic and detailing. Examples include: The re-use of the shin Godzilla gashapons in set 2, Little Godzilla, and a few others. I don't know but it checks out.

It's a bit strange that we got this Skull Crawler, but ironically because it's not different, it would be easy to get a double, and repaint it. I might actually do that, but I'm letting everyone know you could have both Skull Crawlers pretty easily.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I wonder what the 8th set will contain, could be another Heisei-related set if certain recent sets are any indication.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:07 pm I wonder what the 8th set will contain, could be another Heisei-related set if certain recent sets are any indication.
From Heisei:

Daghara would be awesome and now feels possible after Aqua Mothra. Desghidorah and Mothra Leo would be great as well.
Fire Rodan (or just regular 93 Rodan) would be nice in addition to the upcoming MG.MKG also hasn't had a Gashapon in a while. In contrast to Showa and Millennium eras we've really gotten a lot of stuff.

I'm honestly really curious how long they'll keep doing this set. I remember originally thinking this would be a one or two set thing, but to my surprise it's kept going. A Gabara and/or Sarunga figure would be fantastic.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Oh yea there's a lot of characters we haven't seen yet, including different versions of said characters. I hope that the D+ series eventually offers things we haven't seen yet in this format. On the contrary I actually thought Daghara was going to be part of HG D+ 07 alongside a possible Fire Rodan, but obviously that's not the case now.

I really hope they explore Singular Point further, I picture them doing something similar to what they did with Shin Godzilla. They released another set afterwards that featured a lot more Shin content, such as his various forms, but then again at least we got Jet Jaguar β to go along with Godzilla Ultima.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Normally, anything '95-related is amongst the first releases in any Godzilla-related BANDAI line. As of now there's no HG D+ Burning Godzilla or Destoroyah. I think that's likely amongst the next sets (8 and onwards), if there are any more coming out.
Size DOES matter!

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

I can definitely see Bandai including Burning Godzilla and Destroyah in a D+ set in the near future. The last Burning Godzilla from HG 2017 seems to have been a chase figure as its prices are super high compared to the rest of the set (even though I really like the Meltdown version which is the same sculpt). Destroyah has a decent variety of HG gashapons already, but I would really like a flying version. Another decent inclusion would be Super X III, since we got I & II in HG3.

I do also hope they continue with the SP cast, Anguirus and Salunga would be great. Same with the 3 other Godzilla forms, however I suspect the next D+EX set might include some of the aforementioned kaiju (I'll be happy as long as it's not another super-sized "gashapon" like Biollante). I imagine that D+EX 03 will be announced sometime before the end of the year.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

True the prices for the 2017 Burning Godzilla are absolutely unbelievable, I think they could change it up abit considering they haven't done the Juvenile or Flying forms of Destoroyah yet.

I only ever got the EX 01 set mainly because I didn't think the EX 02 Biollante was worth getting, I hope something cool happens with EX 03.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

For you peeps that collect the newer HG D+ figures, can one of y'all tell me if nearly $50 for a new, full set of 4 is reasonable or too high?
Last edited by {---HYPERZeTToN---} on Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I'd say reasonable if it's eBay, I've seen some listings that full-on list exactly that much AND over for a single figure.
Last edited by WarpedBandicoot99 on Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:45 pm For you peeps that collect the newer HG D+ figures, can one of y'all tell me if nearly $50 for a new, full set of 4 is reasonable or too high?
The prices definitely have gone up recently. Personally I try to limit myself to under $50 if I'm buying it off ebay (I like to think $10-12/ea is worth it). Most of my purchases now are through proxy services such as FromJapan or Buyee and I usually put together a larger order of thing to make it worth it. If I'm buying from japan, the new sets are usually around $20-$30, but can easily reach the $50 price with the fees and shipping if buying the set alone.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I feel they should still do a Gamera: The Brave gashapon set, considering they recently put out a new Gamera set after a couple of years.

The closest thing to Gamera: The Brave having a gashapon set is those Konami figures.
Last edited by WarpedBandicoot99 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

I've wanted a Brave set since the movie came out. It would be pretty easy: Avant Gamera, Gyaos, Toto, and Zedus; perfect for the current format of 4 figures per set.
However, the most recent set was released to coincide with Gamera's 55th and GotU 25th anniversary (even though the set was released this year), so I figure a Gamera 2 set would be the next one if they continue.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Hopefully the Kong featured in the D+ 06 set paves the way for a 1962 version somewhere down the line, I'm not sure why they never did that version and it took them until now to finally do a Kong.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:38 pm Hopefully the Kong featured in the D+ 06 set paves the way for a 1962 version somewhere down the line, I'm not sure why they never did that version and it took them until now to finally do a Kong.
Rights.

The 1962 version of King Kong techincally belongs to both Universal and RKO, so most toy companies can't legally make it.

This Kong comes from a film Toho coproduced so he is much easier to get the rights for toys for

RIP Evan.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Ah, that makes more sense.

Thanks.

ThirstyThursdayToys
Young Farmer

Post by ThirstyThursdayToys »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:41 pmMG and Godzilla, which are the chase figures.
I don't think these are the chase figures in this set, or if there are even any chase figures here. I ordered three cases, and received only ONE Skullcrawler out of 12 possible capsules. I got 4 Kongs, 4 Mechagodzillas, 3 Godzillas, and 1 Skullcrawler.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ThirstyThursdayToys wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:34 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:41 pmMG and Godzilla, which are the chase figures.
I don't think these are the chase figures in this set, or if there are even any chase figures here. I ordered three cases, and received only ONE Skullcrawler out of 12 possible capsules. I got 4 Kongs, 4 Mechagodzillas, 3 Godzillas, and 1 Skullcrawler.
I meant in terms of “what figures are the highest quality from the set” and what would display the best in the set.

You’re right though, out of the lot I got in the wild, I only got one Skullcrawler,

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I ordered two blind sets of 4 capsules each. I got 3 Godzillas, 2 Kongs, 2 Mechagodzillas & in the last capsule I opened (thankfully!) 1 Skull Crawler.
So yes, I believe that one likely got made in lower numbers, probably due to being of least popularity out of the bunch.
Size DOES matter!

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

I'm actually curious now as to what EX03 will include.

I'm hoping it to be S.P.-related with either the rest of Godzilla's forms or other monsters.