General Gashapon/Small Figurine Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: POST YOUR GASHAPONS !!!

Post by Shenanigans »

F I N A L L Y

Jet Jaguar looks AMAZING. Worth the wait, IMO. I just hope he's able to stay together, as some of these figures with small parts have a tough time staying in one piece (the MUTOs, anyone?). Lovely, albeit unsurprising, reveal.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla Ultima looks great. Glad we are getting Jet Jaguar Beta, even if it might be a little fragile. That and Aqua Mothra makes for a great set.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:39 pm Godzilla Ultima looks great. Glad we are getting Jet Jaguar Beta, even if it might be a little fragile. That and Aqua Mothra makes for a great set.
Agree with everything you just said. And I don't mind the Mechagodzilla 1993 either since this one won't have Garuda. The only strange thing is we still don't know the other 2 from HG D+ 06 (which make me suspect even more that one will be Mechagodzilla 2021 since the release date for GvK got pushed to July 2nd and they most likely want to avoid spoilers). Wouldn't mind if the other was Warbat or even a Skullcrawler though.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

These are the Art Spirits gashapons...

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Another new set here, this one being a special "Premium Gashapon" set. Mercifully, this does not appear to be a Bandai Premium set though, as they appear to retail for only 1000 yen each.

S K E L L I N G T O N S

Some more info and pics in the tweet below, though the link they posted does not appear to work.

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 2136899584

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

¥1000 seems appropriate, they seem to be about 1.5 - double the size of the High Grade series. As interesting as skeletons are, I think I'll pass on these.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:59 pm Another new set here, this one being a special "Premium Gashapon" set. Mercifully, this does not appear to be a Bandai Premium set though, as they appear to retail for only 1000 yen each.

S K E L L I N G T O N S

Some more info and pics in the tweet below, though the link they posted does not appear to work.

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 2136899584
This is what they should have done with the other big gashapons. I'll try to get these! They look cool!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Skeleton Godzilla has been a legit dream figure for me since I was a child. I have to find a way to track these down.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

We went from silence for months to everything at once.

https://gashapon.jp/products/detail.htm ... 0501855000#

Was not expecting a Skullcrawler. If anything, maybe Warbat? Looks stunning, though, especially the paint. Mechagodzilla looks awesome, too; I wasn't sure how well the design would translate into a small figure, but it looks like its retained a lot of detail. The poses on all of them are so dynamic.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:44 am We went from silence for months to everything at once.

https://gashapon.jp/products/detail.htm ... 0501855000#

Was not expecting a Skullcrawler. If anything, maybe Warbat? Looks stunning, though, especially the paint. Mechagodzilla looks awesome, too; I wasn't sure how well the design would translate into a small figure, but it looks like its retained a lot of detail. The poses on all of them are so dynamic.
Oh fuck! Awesome. Not gonna lie though, I would have preferred Warbat. I like the skull crawlers a lot, but the Skullcrawler they chose basically just shows up to get horribly murdered. Hopefully this means they'll be more open to Warbat in the future.

Also, you can clearly see that Godzilla 2021 is heavier and has different spines than 2019 in the figure. I still wonder if they'll ever do a proper MMS for it.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Wow D+ 06 is a going to be a great set. And for once I was right with my suspicions, guess I had to be right eventually though. I can honestly say I am most excited for the Skullcrawler based on that paint job, going to be a surprise hit.

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

Can anyone who has preordered from HLJ before tell me if HLJ sells random sets or full sets?

Not sure to preorder the D+ 07 set off them or just get the complete set off rakuen using buyee. I normally use the rakuen but wanted to know if hlj does complete sets as well. They're listed as random but I've got complete sets off them before with items listed as random.
Last edited by pmasterkim on Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

pmasterkim wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:29 am Can anyone who has preordered from HLJ before tell me if HLJ sells random sets or full sets?
Random.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:26 pm
pmasterkim wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:29 am Can anyone who has preordered from HLJ before tell me if HLJ sells random sets or full sets?
Random.
Thanks, I'll stick with Rakuen then. About the same price but it's the complete set so worth it.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

So the skeleton set is out already, I think ahead of schedule. Godzilla looks bloody amazing; even though it could use a nice paint wash, its really detailed and more articulated than I thought (though I wish the elbows could bend). I'm super eager to grab this one! Might get a couple of 'em, actually.

https://twitter.com/AXLLOWS/status/1413781112774529029

Ghidorah's kind of a mess, unfortunately. The wings, I guess predictably given the line's history of bending winged monsters, look awful in a lot of the photos I've seen. Like spaghetti. It is a lot bigger and has way more pieces than the Godzilla (I think over 40 parts for Ghidorah!), though, I can't believe they're the same price. And cheap as hell at that, but I guess the fucked up wings balances it out. :lol: Still, I will be getting it, too.

https://twitter.com/duxagi/status/1413843565805932558

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Anywhere known to get the skeleton set for around MSRP?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Moth wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:47 am Anywhere known to get the skeleton set for around MSRP?
I'll second this question, though I suspect near retail will be difficult. Still, I'm hoping there's a better place than Ebay; for some reason they're all crazy expensive there. Ebay sellers usually aren't too bad about Gashapon figures; I'm hoping they'll come down soon, but if there's another place to get them cheap, I'd love to know!

Also, what wonders a little bit of paint can do.

https://twitter.com/go398m1y3/status/14 ... 1909899266

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

Shenanigans wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:37 am
Moth wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:47 am Anywhere known to get the skeleton set for around MSRP?
I'll second this question, though I suspect near retail will be difficult. Still, I'm hoping there's a better place than Ebay; for some reason they're all crazy expensive there. Ebay sellers usually aren't too bad about Gashapon figures; I'm hoping they'll come down soon, but if there's another place to get them cheap, I'd love to know!

Also, what wonders a little bit of paint can do.

I normally get gashapon from rakuen via buyee. There is currently a seller selling both Godzilla and Ghidorah in the bone colour. I can't post links some reason, so you'll have to search "ゴジラノホネ" when using either rakuen or via buyee. The price is about 3500 yen without shipping.

Normally you see more sellers so I think the price will drop, or at least the same price but the full set. My usual seller(s) haven't got it up yet but they have the HG D+ preorders up so I think they will get round to selling the skeletons as well.

I also use yahoo auctions via buyee as well but it can be expensive on older sets.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

^ Thanks for the heads up. I haven't used those sites before, but I might have to at this rate, don't know why its so expensive.

Anyways, the Godzilla vs. Kong set is out in Japan! Seemed to be some production troubles given the repeated delays and set number shakeups, which may or may not have effected how the final products look - you be the judge. They look alright in my eyes, but maybe a bit below what we've seen from the past few sets. The paint is a little more hit or miss, too flat in some places and messy at times. I appreciate the idea behind the dynamic poses but Kong and the Skullcrawler just look awkward in some of the pics I've seen.

Still impressed with the Mechagodzilla sculpt though, its not an easy design to translate into a small-scale figure and it turned out decently.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:27 pm ^ Thanks for the heads up. I haven't used those sites before, but I might have to at this rate, don't know why its so expensive.

Anyways, the Godzilla vs. Kong set is out in Japan! Seemed to be some production troubles given the repeated delays and set number shakeups, which may or may not have effected how the final products look - you be the judge. They look alright in my eyes, but maybe a bit below what we've seen from the past few sets. The paint is a little more hit or miss, too flat in some places and messy at times. I appreciate the idea behind the dynamic poses but Kong and the Skullcrawler just look awkward in some of the pics I've seen.

Still impressed with the Mechagodzilla sculpt though, its not an easy design to translate into a small-scale figure and it turned out decently.
Yeah, I keep thinking to myself, "oh shit I'm missing out on the new sets" only to realize they've been perpetually delayed, and perhaps originally announced too early? OH well, okay with delays because they save my wallet. I'll check it out if there's anything to report later.