General Gashapon/Small Figurine Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Re: POST YOUR GASHAPONS !!!

Post by darkcancer »

Since there has been no announcements as to HG D+08 or D+EX03, I decided to set up the entire Bandai High Grade D+ line (HGD+) for a group shot. Sets are arranged With the bottom left four being HG D+01, the bottom right D+02, and so forth going back. In the rear right is the D+EX01 and the very back the D+EX02 Biollante (with light on).

Here's an image without the bases, didn't turn out that good but all I got is an older phone camera. One day I'll try a better setup.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

^ Very nice!

Also, here's a new pic of the upcoming set from Amazon, showing the scale (those vehicles and Juvenile Destoroyah tiny as hell!):

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09RSYPPQV/ ... s_li_ss_tl
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:42 pm This is cool, but I have to ask, will it be a special randomized part per gacha, or a specific part per figure? I imagine it's the latter, ie if you get them all you're guaranteed destoroyah, but otherwise if not it'll be a pain and almost scam to assemble the damn thing. Glad we get some different destroyoah forms, but as people have been mentioning it's weird some forms are lacking.
I think its safe to say each vehicle/figure will have its own specific Destoroyah piece, I really can't imagine them being randomized. The size of the pieces in each capsule probably depend on the size of the figure they're included with, too.
Petezilla wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:41 pm Nice. I hope a complete set will not cost an arm and a leg...

WHEN will these be released into the wild...?
May, for now. Last sets were delayed a few months so nothing's set in stone.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Based on the prototype image you linked above, it makes sense that the smaller vehicles would come with larger Destroyah parts just to even out the mass in each capsule.
I do wish the vehicles were *slightly* larger. I just have a hard time believing they will be as detailed in person as they are in that image. If Burning Godzilla is 80mm (3.1 inches), then those vehicles will be around 0.5" tall (if that scale is accurate, which I think it probably is, why else put those lines behind them at the bottom). Destroyah will be pretty large though, in all dimensions.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The other day I went to a nearby shopping center and to my excitement they had that recent Gashapon set! To make things more exciting, I only rolled the machine four times, and I got all four figurines! No duplicates!

Guilala is the chase figure, and is a welcome part of the collection.

Note that the Guilala figure is rather large, especially when in comparison to Godzilla gashapon figures.

No clue what this guy is, but he's got an exciting design, and goes well alongside figures.

Next, come from the movie,"what to do with the Kaiju corpse".

The mushroom is lame, and unless it has something really cool in the movie, it feels like a waste.
Likewise, the dead monster is cool I guess, but it's just a dead monster.

I still haven't seen the movie. I hope its good because then I'll at least appreciate these more.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I like the dead kaiju. He’s a cool design and offers some fun display opportunities with other “victorious” kaiju gashapon…

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Color pics of the HGX set are out. And a little surprise: a vehicle set also (includes Super X, XII, and 3 others according to the link). Not sure of the vehicle set is part of the HG line or not, we'll have to wait and see once its released.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... hicle-sets
Last edited by darkcancer on Sun May 01, 2022 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

darkcancer wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:58 am Color pics of the HGX set are out. And a little surprise: a vehicle set also (includes Super X, XII, and 3 others according to the link). Not sure of the vehicle set is part of the HG line or not, we'll have to wait and see once its released.

Looks like they're all Gashapon. Really nice, I'd love to army build a whole bunch of tanks and maser cannons.

To be honest, I really like the creativity behind this Destoroyah set; normally "build a figure" releases are irritating, but I think it works for small-scale releases like these. I was hoping they'd do more, but the presence of a separate vehicle set without figure parts doesn't encourage confidence; makes me think this set is a one-and-done sort of deal. Regardless, its really cool.

Also surprised there hasn't been any further Gashapon developments. With GvK and SP last year there's been no shortage of new figures to make, yet here we are.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

That they're including vehicles is cool too. I'm wondering how they will scale with the 6 inch MMS line.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hmmm, okay, late May. I’m really looking forward to this set for the smaller destroroyahs, and the vehicles. I also have to wonder how big the vehicles in the vehicle sets are.

And yeah, I’m intrigued by the lack of upcoming news and releases on anything gashapon related, but to be honest we’ve gotten it really good for the past year and a half. I hope that High Grade DX set continues; between Kong, Aqua Mothra, Rose Biollante, Little Godzilla, and a bunch of nice new sculpts of older monsters it felt like we were starting to get a lot of cool figures.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

G1985 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:05 pm
eleking007 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:50 am I was wrong on the Toho Super Weapons set, pics show it as being a 5 figure set of 30 mm versions of Super X, Super X2, Type 66 Maser Tank, A Cycle light Ray Gun & jeep, & 24 Rocket launcher truck
canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:51 am Well rats. That sounds like something I can’t live without! And I already have most of those from the toho machine chronicles sets from years ago (though I seem to have lost the closed fire mirror piece of the super x 2 somehow)
I found pictures of the set on the "SH Monsterarts Thailand Collectors" Facebook page. Here's what they posted back on December 1st. They are less than half the size of the Machine Chronicles set, and the Super-X2 is smaller than both the Monsterarts version and the High Grade series 3 version. Also note that they appear to be solid i.e. no moving or swappable parts:

https://www.facebook.com/SHMAfanTH/phot ... 0445093933
For those asking how big the vehicles are, the link in the quoted post above has an image with measurements. I don’t know if it’s just my phone but it seems really low res and hard to read. But I think it says Super X is 10mm long and stuff like the maser truck with trailer is about 20? So pretty darn small

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

If the CGI pics from the Facebook group are accurate, I would prefer them to the one of Super X in the link I posted. The HG 3 Super X and Super X II are very basic. If the new set is like the pic in the Facebook group with Super X having the missing launcher up and Super X II having the mirror open, I would much prefer that just so there is some variation. The rest of the vehicles for the vehicle set also seem pretty bare-bones. I'm curious if the vehicle set will have the HG, HGX, or some other line name associated with it.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:56 pm
G1985 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:05 pm I found pictures of the set on the "SH Monsterarts Thailand Collectors" Facebook page. Here's what they posted back on December 1st. They are less than half the size of the Machine Chronicles set, and the Super-X2 is smaller than both the Monsterarts version and the High Grade series 3 version. Also note that they appear to be solid i.e. no moving or swappable parts:

https://www.facebook.com/SHMAfanTH/phot ... 0445093933
For those asking how big the vehicles are, the link in the quoted post above has an image with measurements. I don’t know if it’s just my phone but it seems really low res and hard to read. But I think it says Super X is 10mm long and stuff like the maser truck with trailer is about 20? So pretty darn small
My take on these is that Bandai has combined all of their marketing plans into one offering, selling us an oversized candy toy that comes unassembled and is spread across dozens of blind-bagged packages. Your chances of acquiring the pieces to put together one complete figure via blind bagging it are astronomical. It's an action figure combined with winning the lottery ticket two dozen times in a row.

[edited]

Don't worry about reading the text in those earlier photos. The one takeaway is that the horizontal lines in the group profile picture appear to represent 10mm spacing, as the listed height of the G95 BAF is 80mm and its nine lines tall in the pic. In comparison, the mechs are between 2 and 4cm long (the maser truck/trailer is about 3cm), and the destoroyah aggregates have legspans of 2 and 3cm. The BAF G95 and Destoroyah according to the chart are roughly in the same size range as the Hyper candy toy line or the later "Ultimate Monsters" line.

"All together, this hunk of rubber would go for about eight bucks. But, sold seperately, one Johnny Torso unit can bring in THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!"

Last edited by G1985 on Mon May 02, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G1985 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:31 pm
"All together, this hunk of rubber would go for about eight bucks. But, sold seperately, one Johnny Torso unit can bring in THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!"

At 500yen a pop, even if you get lucky and miraculously get all 6, that’s still 3000 yen, or 25-30$ depending on inflation. The only feasible way to do this is to be able to buy individual limbs and parts from sellers.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, I have decided NOT to support this.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:18 pmAt 500yen a pop, even if you get lucky and miraculously get all 6, that’s still 3000 yen, or 25-30$ depending on inflation. The only feasible way to do this is to be able to buy individual limbs and parts from sellers.
When these were first teased back in January, all of the images were lumped together as if Burning Godzilla and the final form Destoroyah pieces were scattered across one BAF assortment. But after reading Kaiju Battle's write-up this afternoon, if I read it right, we're getting three distinct releases, with only one being BAF. The first is a light-up Burning G including with five HG-size mechs, the second a Gashapon capsule set (300y apiece) with those same five mechs, and the third a blind box final Destoroyah BAF set (500y per box) that has HG-size freeze mazer mechs and two different aggregates from GvsD.

Last edited by G1985 on Mon May 02, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Not disagreeing that the HG-Sized mechs with the Destoroyah parts won't make the pill less hard to swallow, but just that completing Destroyoah is going to be a massive pain in the ass. I wouldn't mind an army of mechs/smaller destoroyah forms, but knowing my luck I'll get 5 Super X3' s.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

G1985 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:11 pm
But after reading Kaiju Battle's write-up this afternoon, if I read it right, we're getting three distinct releases, with only one being BAF. The first is a light-up Burning G including with five HG-size mechs, the second a Gashapon capsule set (300y apiece) with those same five mechs, and the third a blind box final Destoroyah BAF set (500y per box) that has HG-size freeze mazer mechs and two different aggregates from GvsD.

From my understanding its 2 sets: G v D for 500 yen each, where Burning G is one of the capsules, along with the 6 other capsules with either vehicles/small Destroyahs AND adult Destroyah parts for a grand total of 7 different capsules for the set. The other set for 300 yen is the 5 Vehicles pictured, one per capsule.

sphyrna18
Ronin

Post by sphyrna18 »

Does anyone know if each vehicle/small Destroyah capsule contains both final Destroyah parts pictured or do they contain one or the other? If they contain both Destroyah parts, that may make this set a little easier to get, but if each capsule only contains one Destroyah part, with two options per capsule, that will make it nearly impossible to get a complete Destroyah I would think.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

sphyrna18 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:58 am Does anyone know if each vehicle/small Destroyah capsule contains both final Destroyah parts pictured or do they contain one or the other? If they contain both Destroyah parts, that may make this set a little easier to get, but if each capsule only contains one Destroyah part, with two options per capsule, that will make it nearly impossible to get a complete Destroyah I would think.
Pretty sure whatever is lumped together as one, (two parts) will be in there and it won’t be random what parts you get with what minifigure.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Anyone who wants these and also wants to make it easy on themselves...

Showcase Daikaiju just announced they'll have these sets. $50 for the Godzilla/Destroyah set and $25 for the vehicle set (their wording).