General Gashapon/Small Figurine Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: POST YOUR GASHAPONS !!!

Post by ApexOversteer »

Loving the Gamera GotU HG set... ordered 16 blind, pulled a full set first four out of the box! Ended up with three full sets, a half set of flyers and two extra flying Gyaos.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ApexOversteer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:42 pm Loving the Gamera GotU HG set... ordered 16 blind, pulled a full set first four out of the box! Ended up with three full sets, a half set of flyers and two extra flying Gyaos.

These are the new ones, correct? Hnng I guess I'll order those. Look great though, and even though if this was a Godzilla set I'd ask for more variety on the monster front, I like the idea of having variations of the poses.

Also, heads up, Godzilla vs. Kong is gonna get a delay in Japan due to corona. I wonder if that means they'll delay the gashapon sets...
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:23 pm
ApexOversteer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:42 pm Loving the Gamera GotU HG set... ordered 16 blind, pulled a full set first four out of the box! Ended up with three full sets, a half set of flyers and two extra flying Gyaos.

These are the new ones, correct? Hnng I guess I'll order those. Look great though, and even though if this was a Godzilla set I'd ask for more variety on the monster front, I like the idea of having variations of the poses.

Also, heads up, Godzilla vs. Kong is gonna get a delay in Japan due to corona. I wonder if that means they'll delay the gashapon sets...
Yeah, the Gamera HGs just dropped. They really put some effort into making them super detailed and the Gameras are pretty sweet! The Gyaos could use their teeth painted, IMO.

I don't think the GVK HGs need any help being delayed. If Japan is anything like here, they're aimed at a release date, whether the movie is there or not. Several films had supporting merch, or other product tie-ins over the last year, and most of them made their dates, even if their respective movies had been pushed. That's why all the Wonder Woman tie-ins went off weeks and weeks before the movie.

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

Just put a bid on a complete set, really hoping I win since it's dead cheap right now.
Last edited by pmasterkim on Sat May 01, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

pmasterkim wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:52 pm Just put a bid on a complete set, really hoping I win since it's dead cheap right now.
Good luck! I actually ordered mine last week and after seeing those pics posted by Apexoversteer, I am very excited for the set!
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

darkcancer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:42 pm
pmasterkim wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:52 pm Just put a bid on a complete set, really hoping I win since it's dead cheap right now.
Good luck! I actually ordered mine last week and after seeing those pics posted by Apexoversteer, I am very excited for the set!
Same, I initially thought of passing when they were announced but now they're out in the wild I can't help myself! Should have just pre-ordered them, though having said that I'm bidding on some dead cheap ones so fingers crossed!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

New arrivals. I love me minis.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

^ I got that set a few years ago. Love it, especially the Gargantuas and Maquette Godzilla.

Also, nothing much, but here's a new pic of Set 07; fourth figure is still hidden, so really nothing new here.

I read that the GvK Set 06 has been delayed to July as well, but I can't say for certain if that's true.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

You know, Bandai's best bet right now would probably be to switch the numbers and just release this set as is as Set 6.

Spoiler:
unless like, the 4th figure is MG2021 or it's a spoiler from Singular Point, and they have other reasons to push it past release

RIP Evan.

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:35 pm You know, Bandai's best bet right now would probably be to switch the numbers and just release this set as is as Set 6.

Spoiler:
unless like, the 4th figure is MG2021 or it's a spoiler from Singular Point, and they have other reasons to push it past release
Agreed, especially since SP hype will die down, possibly to the extend they forgot about releasing any more kaijus from it :( It's honestly worrying to see ultima by itself.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

The newest Gamera HG set arrived in the mail today. I won't post any pics since the one posted by Apexoversteer do the set justice.

Overall I am very happy with the set and happy Gamera in general is getting some gashapon attention. The stand-out in this set (for myself at least) is the Gyaos 1995. It really captures the suit well and remarkably can stand on just the two legs without using the mini-base piece that is included (which I currently use for the Gyaos 1995 Flying to rest upon). Didn't even need to heat up or bend any part. I'm curious if other people's Gyaos 1995 can stand on its own stably like mine, and if so then that is major kudos for the quality control on Bandai's part. My only complaint is the paint on claws for all 4 figures seems to be applied a little hap hazardously since very few of the claws actually have the underside/bottom painted. I also have an unfortunate smudge of paint next to the claw on the Gyaos' foot, but can't win 'em all. But the sculpts themselves are quite an upgrade compared to the Gamera HG1/HG reissue set from 1995/1998.
Last edited by darkcancer on Thu May 06, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

darkcancer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:34 pm The newest Gamera HG set arrived in the mail today. I won't post any pics since the one posted by Apexoversteer do the set justice.

Overall I am very happy with the set and happy Gamera in general is getting some gashapon attention. The stand-out in this set (for myself at least) is the Gyaos 1995. It really captures the suit well and remarkably can stand on just the two legs without using the mini-base piece that is included (which I currently use for the Gyaos 1995 Flying to rest upon). Didn't even need to heat up or bend any part. I'm curious if other people's Gyaos 1995 can stand on its own stably like mine, and if so then that is major kudos for the quality control on Bandai's part. My only complaint is the paint on claws for all 4 figures seems to be applied a little hap hazardously since very few of the claws actually have the underside/bottom painted. I also have an unfortunate smudge of paint next to the claw on the Gyaos' foot, but can't win 'em all. But the sculpts themselves are quite an upgrade compared to the Gamera HG1/HG reissue set from 1995/1998.
I was hoping to say mine stands by itself as well but I screwed up on buyee and my gamera gashapons are being shipped by sea mail. (Don't consolidate your items if you think they're going to be too big, lesson learnt)

I've seen other people's Gyaos stand without the extra clip thingy on youtube though.
Last edited by pmasterkim on Fri May 14, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Out of curiosity, how many of the flying Gameras did you get? I got 14 in the wild (an actual gashapon machine) and spent 300 yen each. I only got one complete set, and the figure that did it for me was the flying Gamera. I felt bad, so I'm giving the spares away to some of my friends, but it struck me as strange the flying Gamera was sort of rare.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Is there a checkoff list, per monster of figures?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Mr. Yellow wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:33 am Is there a checkoff list, per monster of figures?
I made an excel spreadsheet years ago that I keep updating when new sets are released but the closest thing online that I found to a complete list is the High Grade entry on Wikizilla (however that is currently missing several sets for both Godzilla and Gamera).

I plan on making a nice looking guide using publisher that covers every set and the differences between the originals and reissues, however I need a better camera/set-up for taking good quality pictures before I get started.

Is there any kaiju or version you are curious about? I'll help the best I can with any info.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:17 am

Out of curiosity, how many of the flying Gameras did you get? I got 14 in the wild (an actual gashapon machine) and spent 300 yen each. I only got one complete set, and the figure that did it for me was the flying Gamera. I felt bad, so I'm giving the spares away to some of my friends, but it struck me as strange the flying Gamera was sort of rare.
I got four flying Gameras. For me the rare ones were the standing Gyaos, and the standing Gamera. I got three of each of those. I got six flying Gyaos.

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

Where is everyone preordering their gashapons from?

I'm currently using hlj but honestly I tend to buy them after they're released and that's off yahoo auctions using buyee. Are there any cheaper alternatives I don't know about?

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Usually just ebay after a set is released for a a little. I haven't used them yet but have heard good thing: Showcase Daikaiju. For the rare or older sets when I was missing them I did use Buyee but more recently use FromJapan. The only sets I've preordered are the HG D+EX sets since they're from premium bandai, and in that case I use BBTS.

pmasterkim
Ronin

Post by pmasterkim »

darkcancer wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:39 pm Usually just ebay after a set is released for a a little. I haven't used them yet but have heard good thing: Showcase Daikaiju. For the rare or older sets when I was missing them I did use Buyee but more recently use FromJapan. The only sets I've preordered are the HG D+EX sets since they're from premium bandai, and in that case I use BBTS.
Ok cool. I used to use ebay but it's getting crazy with older sets. I'll give showcase daikaiju a look but might stick with yahoo auctions with buyee. They tend to work out a little cheaper than everywhere else.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

True, HG figures have been going wild with the prices. Who's gonna pay $80+ for a Godzilla 2014 gashapon figure?