Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Petezilla »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:14 pm
canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:03 pm Not sure if this was expected, but KiryuGoji just showed up as a preorder on BBTS for what I assume is normal retail ($95). Guess they’ve got more coming?
2nd reissue release. $5 increase from the OG and first reissue.
Is this coming out in Japan, too? I ask because I can only find 0 information about this.
Size DOES matter!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Petezilla wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:39 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:03 pm Not sure if this was expected, but KiryuGoji just showed up as a preorder on BBTS for what I assume is normal retail ($95). Guess they’ve got more coming?
Is this coming out in Japan, too? I ask because I can only find 0 information about this.
The first reissue did but didn't pop up online until closer to delivery date. Might be the same again.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Naruto65 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:18 am

The first reissue did but didn't pop up online until closer to delivery date. Might be the same again.
Hmm, might keep an eye out then. Do you possibly happen to know when that (states-side) (re-)release date is...?
Last edited by Petezilla on Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Petezilla wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:58 am
Naruto65 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:18 am
Hmm, might keep an eye out then. Do you possibly happen to know when that (states-side) (re-)release date is...?
March 2023. If JP releases, maybe around Decemeber/January.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ Thanks ~ :godzilla1962:
Size DOES matter!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Love this new Kong
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Damn, I want one, too... I hate these super-limited types of exclusives... especially when it's a relatively seldomly done and sought-after character with a crapload of cool accessories, like in this case. I can only hope that they make him also available in Japan later, like they did with that 'SDCC exclusive' Jaeger Set from PR Uprising...
Size DOES matter!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I was really tempted to order the new kong, but I realized all I truly wanted about it over the regular release was the new head. I just couldn’t bring myself to double dip on it. I mean the other accessories are cool and all, but it was the grimacing head sculpt that was the real draw for me.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 pm I was really tempted to order the new kong, but I realized all I truly wanted about it over the regular release was the new head. I just couldn’t bring myself to double dip on it. I mean the other accessories are cool and all, but it was the grimacing head sculpt that was the real draw for me.
100% agreed and understandable. I feel the same exact way. I just want it for the MG head.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Just got my SP Rodan. Good value for a cheap price.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Out of context, that's adorable! It looks like a little bird caught a big bug and he's SO proud of himself he's showing it off!
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I wonder what the chances are we get a Yasushi Nirasawa Godzilla from final wars.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not to join "MUH SHOWA!!!" crowd buuut...

Showa Gigan intensifies.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:29 am Image

Showa Gigan intensifies.
Well, they did it with Hedorah's anniversary, too, so if they have any sense left in them they just have to show a SHMA Showa Gigan off sooner than later. During the last 12 month they at least somewhat restored my faith in the line to a certain degree by releasing several new non-Godzilla characters (S.P JJ, Hedorah(s), S.P Rodan, Monster X) after so many years of Godzillas and repaints. Let's hope this trend does continue.
Size DOES matter!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Petezilla wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:27 am

Showa Gigan intensifies.
Well, they did it with Hedorah's anniversary, too, so if they have any sense left in them they just have to show a SHMA Showa Gigan off sooner than later. During the last 12 month they at least somewhat restored my faith in the line to a certain degree by releasing several new non-Godzilla characters (S.P JJ, Hedorah(s), S.P Rodan, Monster X) after so many years of Godzillas and repaints. Let's hope this trend does continue.
My money is on 1 of the following: Gigan '72, Keizer Ghidorah, Godzilla 2003, Godzilla 1968-1972, Salunga, Anguirus SP

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a new repaint or two, Moguera and MKG I'm betting. Perhaps a new 1962 or 1954 color too.

Quote of the Year:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

If they’re doing repaints MKG and G’62 would be must buys for me. I haven’t ordered it yet (I’m sick of preorders. Will buy it once it’s in stock) but I’m really looking forward to Hedorah. I would be over the moon to get a Showa Gigan.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:12 am My money is on 1 of the following: Gigan '72, Keizer Ghidorah, Godzilla 2003, Godzilla 1968-1972, Salunga, Anguirus SP

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a new repaint or two, Moguera and MKG I'm betting. Perhaps a new 1962 or 1954 color too.
I believe that Gigan' 72 is a relatively save bet now. I hope they'll pair him with his move debut buddy: Showa King Ghidorah, since that one is long overdue in SHMA. Alternatively I'll take a well scaled Kaizer Ghidorah any day, though! :KingGhidorah64:
Size DOES matter!

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Just got my Final Wars Godzilla the other day and I can't help but be torn over it. I really want to like it but unfortunately I can't get over having uneven brow sculpts, typical googly eyes, bleed in the teeth, and significant gapping around the base of the arms. Was very impressed by the 89 release last year despite its lack of great articulation, so I was surprised that FW is a bit of a step back. For positives, it is by far the most articulate figure I have ever owned from Monsterarts and from afar it looks very good. In the end of the day, I think I caved in to buy it as an accessory to my Gigan and the upcoming Monster X, so here's to hoping that the Monster X release is much better.

Some pictures I took yesterday.

https://imgur.com/gallery/PxZZyxg

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:50 am Just got my Final Wars Godzilla the other day and I can't help but be torn over it. I really want to like it but unfortunately I can't get over having uneven brow sculpts
That's a big problem. And it doesn't even look like that in the movie. The eyelids should have covered the eyes more properly to make the face look more fierce. The misrepresentation of eyelids and forehead has changed a lot from the face in the movie.

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

vastatosaurus wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:07 pm
GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:50 am Just got my Final Wars Godzilla the other day and I can't help but be torn over it. I really want to like it but unfortunately I can't get over having uneven brow sculpts
That's a big problem. And it doesn't even look like that in the movie. The eyelids should have covered the eyes more properly to make the face look more fierce. The misrepresentation of eyelids and forehead has changed a lot from the face in the movie.
I honestly prefer the more open eyebrows of the figure over the slanted/narrow look of the suit. Granted, I was never a big fan of FWGoji to begin with, but the engineering is legitimately impressive, at least for this line.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:12 am
Petezilla wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:27 am

Showa Gigan intensifies.
My money is on 1 of the following: Gigan '72, Keizer Ghidorah, Godzilla 2003, Godzilla 1968-1972, Salunga, Anguirus SP

Really hope we end up with a decent variety of films being represented despite SP and Monsterverse being more marketable atm. The selfish part of me wishes that we'll get characters like Titanosaurus and Gabara before their SP "counterparts," but I've accepted that the inverse is more likely.