Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by canofhumdingers »

Over all this looks like the best ~6”-ish scale MV Rodan. While it might technically be a bit large (for screen accurate scale) if paired with SHMA figures, I suspect it’ll still look great with them. I do wish it had some kind of wing folding articulation similar to NECA’s, but outside of that this guy looks to be superior to NECA and SHMA in every way. Hope the final product turns out as good as the promo!

Bring on MechaGodzilla and King Ghidorah!!
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:31 am Over all this looks like the best ~6”-ish scale MV Rodan. While it might technically be a bit large (for screen accurate scale) if paired with SHMA figures, I suspect it’ll still look great with them. I do wish it had some kind of wing folding articulation similar to NECA’s, but outside of that this guy looks to be superior to NECA and SHMA in every way. Hope the final product turns out as good as the promo!

If you look at one of the photos on the underside of the wings, you can see holes in the arms that is usually there for a bendy wire so I assume we can bend the wings on this figure.
:terrestris:

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Still waiting for the first reviews for the Godzilla before dipping in, but if they're good, I hope a Muto is in the works.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Rodan is bigger than the NECA and SHMA according to GOMAURU on Twitter. Glad to have these alternatives pop up for the line, went ahead and pre-ordered Godzilla and Kong on bbts.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

That Rodan looks sharp. I'm not a huge fan of any of these designs but Hiya is doing impressive stuff on all their lines.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

EDIT: I am shame pls delete
Last edited by Fermix on Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Fermix wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:02 pm Video showing off the Ultimates Wave 2
https://youtu.be/jm-fSgTj-VM
Wrong topic friend lol.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Havoks wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:59 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:31 am Over all this looks like the best ~6”-ish scale MV Rodan. While it might technically be a bit large (for screen accurate scale) if paired with SHMA figures, I suspect it’ll still look great with them. I do wish it had some kind of wing folding articulation similar to NECA’s, but outside of that this guy looks to be superior to NECA and SHMA in every way. Hope the final product turns out as good as the promo!

If you look at one of the photos on the underside of the wings, you can see holes in the arms that is usually there for a bendy wire so I assume we can bend the wings on this figure.
Ah, I see it. Didn’t notice until you pointed them out. That’s a bummer. Bendy wires suck.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It's unfortunately a consequence of MV Rodan's less-than-toyetic design. There's no real good way to do the wings. Making them jointed like the NECA's makes them look disjointed and piecemeal. Giving them no articulation visually looks good but also just has them be solid slabs that can only pose one way. Bendy wire is unfortunately the most natural way to do them that preserves the design without sacrificing articulation.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Wow Rodan looks pretty interesting. The NECA leaves a lot to be desired in terms of the sculpt and articulation, so this would be a welcome upgrade. Paint scheme also seems like a good compromise between the NECA and Monsterarts versions.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I personally think this probably the best looking Monsterverse Rodan figure so far. The sculpt is on point and the paint is great.
Fingers crossed for Mothra next. Give me her Larva too Hiya!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Loving the middle ground of the affordability of NECA and the sculpt of an SHMA. Hiya Toys has my full attention.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I can’t wait to see Mothra and King Ghidroah. I assume Mothra will probably be next and they’ll come back at a later time for KG (I believe they said it will be a little bit before they get to that one). Both male and female Mutos from 2014 are the top of my list along with Behemoth.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

so are hiya toys are planing doing other eras beside the monstervers or is it just the monstervers version of godzilla, mothra, kong, mechaogodzilla, rodan and ghidorah. I am very curiosity what will the difference between the monster arts and the hiya version of ghidorah. any predictions about mechagodzilla, mothra, and ghidorah will be shown next

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Well if Rodan is getting bendy wire wings, then I’d assume Ghidorah will get those as well which is much better than a single piece of brittle plastic. I’d also wager on it having more accurate proportions with the heads.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:40 am so are hiya toys are planing doing other eras beside the monstervers or is it just the monstervers version of godzilla, mothra, kong, mechaogodzilla, rodan and ghidorah. I am very curiosity what will the difference between the monster arts and the hiya version of ghidorah. any predictions about mechagodzilla, mothra, and ghidorah will be shown next
Confirmed MonsterVerse only, IIRC.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

And now Rodan is up for preorder at BBTS:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Pre-ordered and there is also a new pic of the Rodan figure shown off the wings being bent so yeah, bendy wire confirmed.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I hope these do well enough for Hiya to delve into Pacific Rim and Gamera. (If they're good, haha)

But anyway, I keep reading more and more negative reviews on their Alien Vs Predator figures. If the Godzilla figures end up like those, alot of people are going to be disappointed I'd guess.
Last edited by Anguirus on Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

The AvP figures are smaller, thinner characters at the 1/18 scale. These are large, beefy characters at a 1/12 scale, so I’m cautiously optimistic that they won’t suffer from the same fragility as the AvP characters (except maybe for Rodan).

Anyway, I’m willing to give them a shot. At 7” they’re in better scale with SHMA Mechagodzilla than the actual SHMA figures are.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary