Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Agreed especially with Ghidorah 2019 coming soon.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu May 19, 2022 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:25 pm Apparently a new Gigantic series will be revealed at the Godzilla Store this weekend. Hopefully it's not just the Shin DeForeal and something completely new.
I'll die if its 68 or 74.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:54 pm Agreed especially with Ghidorah 2019 coming soon.
Right. I really hope they can give us collectors a break.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The Godzilla Store video will air shortly. Hopefully they reveal something cool.

Added in 13 minutes :
The video link if interested.

https://youtu.be/z4O9xR0pfV4

Added in 13 minutes 14 seconds:
Just a reissue of Mechagodzilla?

Added in 7 minutes 55 seconds:
A possible new 30cm Godzilla 84 with Super X?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Yeah I want to know more about the 30cm G’84 w/ Super X they mentioned! It’s cool to see Chris Mowry being included and at least some English subtitles for what’s going on. Feels like they really are trying to make the effort to be more global and not just Japanese market focused.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Really disappointed overall. They made it sound like the Gigantic would be a brand new figure.

Added in 36 minutes 39 seconds:
Hold on might be something still not revealed yet.

Added in 1 hour 15 seconds:
Some of these videos go up to 5 hours long so it might be awhile.

Added in 8 minutes 56 seconds:
Reissue of both the red and purple variants of the Gigantic Shin for the international Godzilla Store.

Added in 8 minutes 45 seconds:
So its a reissue of the Sakai 84? Still cool it comes with the Super X.

Added in 22 minutes 6 seconds:
Nope that's it. False advertising if you ask me.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

I absolutely could not help myself. Gigantic Shin has eluded me since I started collecting X-Plus in 2020. I had to get it! Anything Shin shoots up like crazy in the aftermarket , this was my chance to get one at MSRP.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Man that's a lot. Not as much as I paid for mine but still considerably more than the original.

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

Are the Shin reissues going to be on the US Ric site?
Pickles & Biscuits!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Dang. Very disappointed by the G’84 w/Super X. Not because of the product itself (I love it!), but because I’d have much rather bought that version than the standard one I got when it first came out!!

That Super X looks phenomenal! But I don’t particularly want to go through the trouble of ordering that one and trying to sell mine just to get an accessory.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Every time they release the gigantic shin, I am broke. Lol it always evades me.

Added in 1 minute 12 seconds:
canofhumdingers wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 am Dang. Very disappointed by the G’84 w/Super X. Not because of the product itself (I love it!), but because I’d have much rather bought that version than the standard one I got when it first came out!!
Same. They didn’t tell us the fins would be blue, either. I just wanted the normal color.

Grabbed the Sakai kit though.

Added in 2 minutes 17 seconds:
Daikaiju Dust? wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:43 am Are the Shin reissues going to be on the US Ric site?
Doubtful.

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

Have missed out on the Gigantic Shin so many times I finally had to get it. Besides the Sakai 54 it's the only Gigantic I do not have. Now only if X-Plus could rerelease the 25cm GMK figures...

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

Daikaiju Dust? wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:43 am Are the Shin reissues going to be on the US Ric site?
Definitely not. There is a limited number being sold on G Store. The site even makes sure to tell you that just because your ordered, your spot is not safe. If they reach their desired number of preorders, they will simply cancel your preorder. I’m crossing my fingers that I got that Shin.

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

I just ordered a Shin from the Godzilla Store, I figured what the heck! Maybe I’ll luck out & get one. Have had zero luck in the past with trying to get a large scale Shin.
Pickles & Biscuits!

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

I got a confirmation email from Buyee saying they bought the Shin! I finally got one!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

shadowgigan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:41 am Every time they release the gigantic shin, I am broke. Lol it always evades me.

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 am Dang. Very disappointed by the G’84 w/Super X. Not because of the product itself (I love it!), but because I’d have much rather bought that version than the standard one I got when it first came out!!
Same. They didn’t tell us the fins would be blue, either. I just wanted the normal color.

Yeah this new ‘84 seems to still have the blue, but it looks far more subdued. Really wish I’d known this was coming way back when. Ah well, c’est la vie. I guess.

Does the 2002 kit come with a light kit? Or are the fins just clear so you can add your own lights if you want?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:01 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:41 am Every time they release the gigantic shin, I am broke. Lol it always evades me.

Yeah this new ‘84 seems to still have the blue, but it looks far more subdued. Really wish I’d known this was coming way back when. Ah well, c’est la vie. I guess.

Does the 2002 kit come with a light kit? Or are the fins just clear so you can add your own lights if you want?
Clear and you can add your own.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Just over $600 for the Ric King Ghidorah 2019. Up for pre-order now. Features light up eyes and necks.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri May 27, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 am Just over $600 for the Ric King Ghidorah 2019. Up for pre-order now. Features light up eyes and necks.
Not the worst price. I thought it would be max $550. But those people on YouTube and Facebook saying $800 were out of their minds. I’ll probably end up getting the standard

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I can’t keep up with all these releases, being a broke college student. Oh well I’ll admire from afar.