Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Anguirus »

I wonder when the next figure will be revealed.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Anguirus wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:03 pm I wonder when the next figure will be revealed.
....we literally just got a reveal, dude lol

Give it a month or two.

RIP Evan.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I've seen a few reviews of FinalGoji. Overall, he looks real solid. But I've also seen some close ups on his face. While he captures the characteristics of this suit, it looks like his eyebros and teeth might be a bit odd. But I'm definitely going to have to wait till I get this guy in hand.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Ahhhh. There it is. That unbiased, Tamashi quality that I have come to know and love from this line.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I want to see him throw his arms in the air and yell "YAAAAAAAAY!" like Kermit the Frog.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Yikes. Sometimes I think the SHMAs just don't photograph well. I swear all my SHMAs look pretty good in person.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I love this guy.

The spear is a little uncomfortably heavy though.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Wow those are some pretty good shots of Jet Jaguar. Reminds me of the crazy poses people used to put Moguera in.

Just pre-ordered FW Goji and Monster X off of Awesome Collector. Can't wait to have them together with Gigan and some of my old FW vinyls. Very excited to have them later this year.

On the Ghidorah front, still waiting on BBTS to get it in stock. Patiently waiting lol.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I had the $ for FW Goji but man he does not look good imo. Idk what happened with his gorilla arms or his muppet face but they dropped the ball on accuracy quite a bit. He also looks very loose.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ManyDoorsYes
Ronin

Post by ManyDoorsYes »

vastatosaurus wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:06 am
I love this guy.

The spear is a little uncomfortably heavy though.
Man it looks really good but i cant justify paying 100+ dollars for such a small thin figure. How is this more expensive than Kong.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ Because he comes with tons of huge accessories.
Size DOES matter!

Star Falcon
Samurai

Post by Star Falcon »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:34 am I had the $ for FW Goji but man he does not look good imo. Idk what happened with his gorilla arms or his muppet face but they dropped the ball on accuracy quite a bit. He also looks very loose.
Yeah, you're not wrong. Mine arrived this morning and first thing after getting out the box I noticed one of the hands and tip of the tail had fallen off! I'm excited to create some cool scenes with the FW Gigan and Monster X when that eventually hits, but certainly its a little less impressive than last years '89 for instance.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

OOOOO! STAY STRONG TAMASHII! $110, 5 years of me not being in the line and NOTHING has changed!

I pulled the grey teeth, bleeding gums chase variant! Also you can't see it, but he's missing a pupil in one eye :s
*craptastic photo

I COULD complain like everyone how his tail gave up on life straight out of the box, but this entire things weight IS the tail. Gravity exists, and it sucks. Other then the TAMASHII WEBSHOP SEAL OF APPROVAL paint, I dig. Sculpt is amazing and the details are crisp. Where my other boi at :terrestris: ?
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri May 06, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ManyDoorsYes
Ronin

Post by ManyDoorsYes »

I guess im the only person whos tail stayed on just fine. It poses really well, the main head is trash but the second head is perfect. Probably my favorite release.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

The hiya toys articulated godzilla is up on BBTS, is there a hiya group on here?

Trying to figure out where it would be best to preorder from, i wanna get it faster than what bbts will provide.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gahdzilluh wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:32 am The hiya toys articulated godzilla is up on BBTS, is there a hiya group on here?

Trying to figure out where it would be best to preorder from, i wanna get it faster than what bbts will provide.
If you mean a thread for those figures, yes there is:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32701

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Just got a 'preorder processing soon' notice from BBTS for SCV Ghidorah 2019! Yay giant reflector wings, eventually...

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Platypus Prime wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:16 am Just got a 'preorder processing soon' notice from BBTS for SCV Ghidorah 2019! Yay giant reflector wings, eventually...
AT LAST!!!! Pre-ordered in August 2021 so 9 months of anticipation for this figure to come in. Just went on BBTS and saw it finally leave pre-order and they charged me for the rest of the price for the figure. Now I await for the King and to more or less complete my Monsterverse collection. :KingGhidorah64:

Trying to photograph all of my Ghidorahs together on one table gonna be a task lol.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Update, moved from 'processing' to 'shipped' in a day. I'd better clean a shelf...

ManyDoorsYes
Ronin

Post by ManyDoorsYes »

Got the email too, cant wait to get my first ghidorah figure. I missed out on all the original releases and the bootleg.