Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

Regarding just the "classic" figures: is this the biggest turnaround in quality a Godzilla toyline has ever had, especially over such a short span of time? If you put the 2020 Shin and SpaceGodzilla toys next to the Gorosaurus and Terrestris on a table in front of me, without knowing I would never guess they were from the same company and released over a span of less than two years.

It's so cool you go into a Target in 2022 and see affordable, decent showa and G:SP figures on shelves.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I just hope we can get something like the Godzilla Creation line on our shelves again. Would be so nice to have that level of quality be so affordable.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

A statement from Flair GP, the company that distributes the Godzilla/Kong stuff in UK and Ireland made some interesting mentions. There was mention of new Deluxe Transforming Titan Tech Godzilla and Titan Tech King Kong Figures being released in the summer, as well as 2014 Godzilla and 2019 King Ghidorah being added to the 6.5 inch Toho line.

https://www.toynews-online.biz/2022/05/ ... ollection/

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Let me guess... that Titan Tech Deluxe Godzilla is that old leaked, but yet unreleased prototype with those red machine parts on the back... I believe it was called 'Mega Godzilla' back then...?
Size DOES matter!

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

A part of me thinks that they may have rebranded Mega Godzilla into the deluxe one mentioned in the article, but another part of me thinks this could be a new figure entirely.

If I'm not mistaken, they haven't released the Mega Mechagodzilla yet either, maybe they'll rebrand that into a Titan Tech figure if that's the case.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Petezilla wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:59 am Let me guess... that Titan Tech Deluxe Godzilla is that old leaked, but yet unreleased prototype with those red machine parts on the back... I believe it was called 'Mega Godzilla' back then...?
I was thinking the very same thing!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

The "Ocean Battle" Godzilla and Kong, and the KoTM Ghidorah (on the bottom shelf with the City Destruction 2014 and the K:SI Kong), were supposed to be coming out in June and July 2022 respectively, at least according to the information cards in front of each figure. Has anyone heard any more news about these? I can't find a preorder listing for any of them, and the Playmates website itself has no mention of any upcoming assortment(s).
Last edited by G1985 on Thu May 12, 2022 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Nope, haven't heard anything about them yet. I suspect we'll find out more this month however, as those are the UK release dates I believe.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

G1985 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:08 am Has anyone heard any more news about these? I can't find a preorder listing for any of them, and the Playmates website itself has no mention of any upcoming assortment(s).
There won't really be any news until Playmates drops a press release and/or the figures just show up out of nowhere on store shelves. These type of figures don't go up for pre-order either, at least not in an official capacity.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Playmates can't even bother to update their website to list that Target also carries their figures in some form, since Walmart(s) around me refuse to put anything on the shelves. The only thing there are shelf warming Battle Roar Kong's who I swear have been there for a year and is blocking the pipeline for any other merchandise to replenish it.

On top of that oversight on Playmates, Target and Walmart's websites have gone the way of the ABSOLUTELY SHITTY "Marketplace" design to compete with Amazon. Most of their listings are Chinese bootlegs and counterfeits that clog up the filters and 50% of their instore merch is not even listed on their websites. An absolutely TERRIBLE way to do your business but do I know...

STILL looking for a Terrestris, though his release wave is out in my local store, people keep sniping my boi. Still haven't seen Black MG yet despite him being out for ages.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

ALERT: the 6pk Monsterverse minis are back in stock at Target!

https://www.target.com/p/godzilla-vs--k ... A-84717168

They only seem to ship on orders over $35, though...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Rody wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:16 pm They only seem to ship on orders over $35, though...
No, that's just saying orders over $35 ship for free. Otherwise, shipping seems to be $5.99 on my end.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Why yes, I'll take 4 please jajajajaja
Resized Image

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 410185.mp4

Battle Roar MG found at WallyWorld. Now if only I can find Terrestris.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

My minifigures arrived this weekend. For a $12-15 (sorry, 10-dollar!) set of 2-inch figurines, these are pretty good!

(yes I bought two; one is a spare to keep mint in box)

Last edited by Rody on Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

If I ever see these at shelf price the little Skull Crawler will become my 'two legged lizard' sub, the rest will also be repurposed as weird smaller Skull Island critters too except Godzilla and Kong which will go to work with me.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I'd recommend ordering straight from Target's website while they're in stock, if they'll ship to you. Somehow I doubt these will ever see physical shelves.

https://www.target.com/p/godzilla-vs-ko ... nk=sametab
Last edited by Rody on Tue May 24, 2022 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I hope they release more sets like this. Nice way to get all the other Titans in some form.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

So apparently these are going to be a thing.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I certainly don't think I ever want to see those in the movies...but I kinda love them. Especially Kong getting sunglasses.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Damn, that's some straight-up Trendmasters bull right there... and I for one am here for it.

I already see these being the butt of many jokes, and they will probably be for a relatively small crowd collector-wise, but I am that crowd. Love when they just go nuts and have fun with it; these are some of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Kong's full headset and sunglasses combo is gloriously, legendarily dumb. Love 'em. I'll be sure to take a pic with my Trendmasters Power-Up figures; I also have the unreleased Anguirus and Kumonga figures. These are probably going to be larger scale though.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.