Art Spirits

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SoggyNoodles2016

Art Spirits

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Since their output just keeps increasing, decided now was a good time to make this a thread.

Use this to discuss figures by Art Spirits and news from them! Be it statues or new Hyper Modeling lines.

I'll start off by saying the newly revealed Mechagodzilla Hyper Modeling sethas me even more interested then the already rad SP set. Just wish we had MG MV and it's be gold haha

RIP Evan.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Art Spirits

Post by Shenanigans »

The full gallery of those Mechagodzillas is great, there's a few surprises there; MG '75 even comes with his alternate brain head!

https://artspirits.biz/products53.html

While I'm not a fan of the anime MG design, it'll be nice to finally own a figure of it; I think this is only the second figure of it out there, and it looks pretty freaking detailed. The only thing that bugs me about this set just a bit is MG '93 not having an optional Garuda; would've truly completed the set, IMO. Still, I'm glad Art Spirits is making more of these, their KOTM set is great and I'll be sure to grab at least some of the SP figures. Great set!
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 am Just wish we had MG MV and it's be gold haha
I feel like a Godzilla vs. Kong set is inevitable. They already got a big Kong figure.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

I can’t seem to find a straight answer on this, are these 6 blind boxes or do you get all the figures with every purchase of the 6-pack?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

KingCornetto wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:33 pm I can’t seem to find a straight answer on this, are these 6 blind boxes or do you get all the figures with every purchase of the 6-pack?
The KoTM set I got was a whole set and the pre-orders for the SP and MG sets I have say it's the whole set.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KingCornetto wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:33 pm I can’t seem to find a straight answer on this, are these 6 blind boxes or do you get all the figures with every purchase of the 6-pack?
You will get all 6 with the purchase of a set.

They are always packed with one of each for each set, as far I know, there's no blind box options either way.

RIP Evan.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

I picked up a seriously nice bootleg(!) of the KOTM set a couple of weeks back. The only differences were that most of the figures came preassembled, the Mothra larva didn't come with (or even have the holes for) her six forelimbs, and the paint wash and red mouth on the two Godzillas was splashed on. All in all, I was super happy considering I paid less than $40 for all six!

For anyone wondering how they compare, the Godzilla figures are in scale with the 3.5" Bandai Destruction City and Jakks two-pack sets.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:43 pm

They are always packed with one of each for each set, as far I know, there's no blind box options either way.
[/quote]

Thank you for the information.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:43 pm

Great!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Thanks for the reminder, placed a preorder for the SP set. Love the detail of those tiny figures and their dynamic poses.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

As expected, a Godzilla vs. Kong set has been revealed. Only 4 this time, but Mechagodzilla is there to complete the separate Mechagodzilla set.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillaleg ... ng-figures

A Warbat would've been nice, but I'm always down for more Skullcrawlers given how few were made for 2017's Skull Island. The base on that one is strange, though, is he standing on Mechagodzilla parts? And the water is just as confusing.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:28 pm As expected, a Godzilla vs. Kong set has been revealed. Only 4 this time, but Mechagodzilla is there to complete the separate Mechagodzilla set.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillaleg ... ng-figures

A Warbat would've been nice, but I'm always down for more Skullcrawlers given how few were made for 2017's Skull Island. The base on that one is strange, though, is he standing on Mechagodzilla parts? And the water is just as confusing.
IIRC, there was water in parts of the test chamber. Just really hard to notice because of how dark the chamber was. Either way, this will be another insta-buy set. Just a damn shame there's no Doug and Warbat. :(
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

G54, G89, KiryuGoji, Godzilla The Ride Goji, Ghidorah 92, MKG, and Final Biollante revealed.

https://twitter.com/1223G4/status/15180 ... JWmpw&s=19
Last edited by Fermix on Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Fermix wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:26 am G54, G89, G99, Godzilla The Ride Goji, Ghidorah 92, MKG, and Final Biollante revealed.

Oh yes. Oh yes indeed.

Holy shit. Look at the size of 'er!
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quote of the Year:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Fermix wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:26 am G54, G89, KiryuGoji, Godzilla The Ride Goji, Ghidorah 92, MKG, and Final Biollante revealed.

What a strange lineup for a set. They look fantastic of course, as always, but I must confess the only one I'm remotely interested in is The Ride Godzilla. Maybe if they made a full set of Ghidorahs like the MG set...

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

The Hyper Modeling sets are dope, but IMO they're extremely overpriced

From what I know, they're NOT released in limited runs and each figure is only 3-5 inch tall, yet you'll be paying $100+ for a set...can somebody justify this please?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I don’t see why they need justification? The figures are sold in sets. If you break down the per-figure cost they average about ¥1800 to ¥1900 ($14-$15) in Japan. At US sites (like BBTS) they usually sell for about $25 per figure. I don’t know, but I’m willing to bet these aren’t sold via US distributors and BBTS (and any others selling them domestically) are importing them, thus the markup.

$25 for a good quality imported 4 inch Godzilla statue really isn’t too bad these days. You should see what the 4 inch X-plus statues retailed for (or, heaven have mercy, the secondary market prices!)

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:55 am The Hyper Modeling sets are dope, but IMO they're extremely overpriced.

From what I know, they're NOT released in limited runs and each figure is only 3-5 inch tall, yet you'll be paying $100+ for a set...can somebody justify this please?
canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:50 am I don’t see why they need justification? The figures are sold in sets. If you break down the per-figure cost they average about ¥1800 to ¥1900 ($14-$15) in Japan. At US sites (like BBTS) they usually sell for about $25 per figure. I don’t know, but I’m willing to bet these aren’t sold via US distributors and BBTS (and any others selling them domestically) are importing them, thus the markup.

$25 for a good quality imported 4 inch Godzilla statue really isn’t too bad these days. You should see what the 4 inch X-plus statues retailed for (or, heaven have mercy, the secondary market prices!)
Gotta agree with humdingers on this, and I've been collecting candy toys since the 90s. I have the KOTM six-figure set, and my expectations for a $100+ price were blown away by the sculpts and the paint jobs. AFAIK I believe they're packaged and meant to be sold as a set, as the sealed display box guarantees a full set and has no extras . Buying them in the intended set makes the price per figure more affordable.
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Does anyone know where you can buy a Hyper Modeling figure individually? Or is that impossible?

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:07 pm Does anyone know where you can buy a Hyper Modeling figure individually? Or is that impossible?
Those little ones? Or just in general?

https://tokyozerostar.com/catalogsearch ... q=godzilla
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Chris55 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:07 pm
{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:07 pm Does anyone know where you can buy a Hyper Modeling figure individually? Or is that impossible?
Those little ones? Or just in general?

https://tokyozerostar.com/catalogsearch ... q=godzilla
Thank you but what I meant was 1 figure from a set by itself, not a full set of 6 haha