Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by canofhumdingers »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:36 pm
canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:12 pm Argh. Does anyone else have problems with the p-Bandai website always redirecting you to the international homepage when you try to view the Japanese site? Occasionally when I cut and paste links it will work (like it did this morning) but right now I can NOT get it to let me view the Hedorah webpage. Wanted to see what it said about soft parts for Hedorah. That may kill my enthusiasm for the set if it’s got soft rubber parts.
Clicking the link again after visiting it one time should help.
Nope. Doesn’t matter how I try to get there (click the link, cut and paste the link, put the URL in google and try to enter the site that way to name just a few of the numerous methods I’ve tried), it is repeatedly redirecting me to the international home page (https://p-bandai.jp/contents/global/) and will NOT let me view the Hedorah page. This is a common problem I run into when trying to use the p-Bandai site. But usually cut and pasting the actual URL works. But not today.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

It did the same to me, I thought it was just an error.

I'm not familiar with any of the 'soft' materials, is there a problem with them? I have Biollante with some softer plastic parts but they seem stable. Is this something different?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Apparently some of the recent ultraman kaiju have come with soft rubber parts and rubber bendy wire tails. I don’t know much about it because I don’t collect ultraman but it sounds… less than ideal.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Size comparison looks nice
(Not mine, from twitter)
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Well, for reasons unbeknownst to man, the p-bandai site randomly worked for me this morning so I grabbed screenshots of all the text on Hedorah. Been working my way through google translate with it but I haven’t seen anything yet that mentions soft parts. I didn’t find this little gem that will probably get a reaction from certain members…
P-Bandai wrote:The final form of growing Hedorah. It emits red heat rays from its eyes, and the toxins emitted from its smoke afflict even Godzilla. During the growth period of S.H.MonsterArts, the total height is about 170mm, which gives a feeling of volume. In order to reproduce the poisonous coloring of the whole body, we thoroughly researched the metallic gray and the vivid pattern on the back, and produced the overwhelming fear of the growing season. In addition, there are multiple movable axes on the arms and tail, and it is finished to a degree of perfection comparable to an action figure.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Huh. I swore I saw it somewhere Herorah had rubber confirmed.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

One thing that will make some people happy is at 6.7 inches tall, Hedorah's big figure will probably scale ok with many six-inch Godzillas of different kinds. Though in my own case with the Music Box Godzilla, I will go with my original plan to have the land and flying forms, and maybe the water form too, all around it at once so what it lacks in comparative height it will make up for in presence. I'm surprised at how many 'extras' are in this set.

I hadn't realized any part of Figuarts/Monsterarts had used bendy-wire tails, I thought of that more as a NECA thing. It worked well enough if left alone there but the inherent weakness with that design was the wire WILL break eventually if moved, so I hope they don't go down that path...
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Platypus Prime wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:08 am I will go with my original plan to have the land and flying forms, and maybe the water form too, all around it at once so what it lacks in comparative height it will make up for in presence. I'm surprised at how many 'extras' are in this set.

Unless you're talking about the giant final form, the land form isn't in the set

RIP Evan.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I meant the big semi-bipedal one. I know the first land form isn't part of this, though maybe it will turn up in the eventual Special Color version. I was looking at the Toy Review section, have there even BEEN any toys of the water form before? I know the flying form has had very few.

Edit: Hedorah up at BBTS $199.99-

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/187059
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Moth wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:20 am Huh. I swore I saw it somewhere Herorah had rubber confirmed.
I’m not saying it doesn’t. I just haven’t found anything that confirms it does.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

I just preordered Hedorah at Awesome Collector. He’s up for $178 with free US shipping.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I really want that Hedorah.

I may be selling my Destoroyah Evolution Set, but I have a big question:
Do any of you know how much it sells for today? Mine has the smaller one with the tip of its tail broken, and the flying form is missing a leg. I have everything else tho, box included.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Preordered.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Destorogoji wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:42 pm I really want that Hedorah.

I may be selling my Destoroyah Evolution Set, but I have a big question:
Do any of you know how much it sells for today? Mine has the smaller one with the tip of its tail broken, and the flying form is missing a leg. I have everything else tho, box included.
Anything incomplete like that is going to be of significantly less value. You'd be lucky to sell it for over MSRP. Not saying it's impossible (I've seen a few incomplete sets on eBay before) but it won't be easy.

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Got my ultima today, i actually got two. The eyes are terrible on both lol. But theyre so small you wont notice it on a shelf. But its super wonky upclose.

Acticulation is great for the most part, but the head cant look down at all. Only straight forward, can look straight up though. Also more softer material present on this figure.
Tail articulation is great! Very tight, but it does droop down at the base of the tail if you pic the figure up, i think the tail weighs at least a pound haha.

Overall its a nice figure, they did what they could to make that crazy design work in figure form. But i really prefer the traditional godzilla figures.
Last edited by Gahdzilluh on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Godzilla Ultima briefly appeared for sale on Amazon Prime yesterday. I ordered it, and it immediately went out of stock afterwards. It doesn't ship till late January, which is a much more convenient time window for me so I went with that over BBTS. I just have a lot of expenses for December and January so I need all the time I can get.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Just got my Ultima.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

"I LIKE YELLING!!!"
"I orthogonal diagonalized once. It was horrible."
"For King Kong's next trick, he will place his head IN the beast's mouth!"
"MY FISHY IS DEAD!!!"

Great job with the other monsters! I do wish this had been a time when they could have brought back the light/sound/music features, as Godzilla Ultima would be the perfect candidate for the treatment. The lights and sounds added so much to the presence in the anime, I'd have loved to see it in Real Life figure form.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I sat on it for a few days (thinking I’d wait and see how the Tamashii warranty replacement works out and hopefully just return this one). But finally I just couldn’t stand it anymore and opened my G’89 from Amazon today.

Overall it is a VASTLY superior piece. Most of the joints work so much better it’s almost like the first one was a production error. The fit of the pieces is also much better, especially in the neck and shoulders where my first copy has what I now realize is some significant warping that causes unnecessary gaps. The paint is also generally better though it’s very subtle and they’re really pretty close in that category.

This new copy does have two issues. The first is quite minor in that the paint on the largest couple of center-row fins is a bit more muted and not quite as consistent in tone as the first figure. It’s really just a normal production variation, but I do prefer the dorsal fin paint on the broken figure.

The second issue is the only real complaint I have and it’s once again stiff joints. Specifically the SAME joint the broke on my first one: the bicep “swivel”. These ones aren’t AS stiff as the first, but they’re still so stiff and clicky I’m afraid to move them. It sucks, especially since (unlike the first figure) all the other joints work really smoothly and just how you’d want them to.

I guess I’ll see if how the warranty replacement goes but at least I can live with this one if it turns out to be the best. It’s a gorgeous figure. I might try a heat treatment on the bicep swivels or I might just live with those two joints being permanently stuck.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:14 pm Just got my Ultima.
Wow, that's a pretty high-end looking PEZ Dispenser.

But what's it doing in the Monsterarts thread? :eh:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.