What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Executive Hamster »

Got the SP anguirus finally. Paid a fair bit more than I was hoping to but it is what it is. Going to be getting the GMK Baragon tomorrow, and Im also trading my drill arm Kiryu for the Heavy Weapons version because Im a dumbass and bought the wrong figure.

Added in 2 minutes 3 seconds:
Oh, and I almost forgot that my SHMA G89 is about to ship through Amazon, so thats rad. My first time buying an SHMA figure since 2018 and my second figure overall.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

From walmart yesterday:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Went ahead and bought my first and only Playmates figure, the mini Behemoth. Paid WAY TOO MUCH FOR IT, but it is what it is.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I actually got one of my personal "holy grails" very recently: the Bandai Japan King Ghidorah '01! It became something I've long sought after when my child self damaged the Bandai Creation version of the figure we got here in the States in 2002, and looked on eBay to replace it. Among the search results of the figure I already had, I saw the version Japan got (for a much higher price of course, which ensured that I would not be able to talk my parents into buying it), and have always periodically browsed eBay since then to view the infrequent listings it would show up on. Fast forward to now where I have my own money; I happened to come across a listing of the Bandai Japan version for a reasonable price and bought it. I know it isn't the rarest or most intricate figure out there, but it satisfies a little part of my inner child, and there's just something about it that keeps me looking at it regularly in admiration. With the story out of the way, here it is:
Spoiler:
Resized Image

Resized Image

I had also forgotten that there was a size differential, so that surprised me just a bit :lol:

Resized Image
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Mistwalker98
Ronin

Post by Mistwalker98 »

Just pre-order the new MMS Iris and Godzilla 1991.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Definitely going to preorder G91 tomorrow, through AwesomeCollector. Iris is definitely on the menu but the entirety of November for me will be dedicated to getting the 40th Anniversary Memorial box so it can wait a little bit.

EDIT: Preordered the G91, hell yeah!
I also am getting the SHMA Godzilla 89, being delivered tomorrow
and I just bought the YMSF Behemoth finally
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

(Oh shit, I hit quote instead of edit. Sorry)

EDIT 2:
Ok, did not expect this but I got a killer offer for the Spark Walk Space Godzilla, so I got bought that today. Plus it comes with three other little dudes. I didnt realize I got the offer and it was actually about to expire in mere minutes, so glad I caught that.
Idk what the little dudes are, so if anyone knows Id appreciate being educated on that
Also I found this. Its not the figure I bought but its fucking hilarious
Spoiler:
EDIT 3: DAMN IT
The item was lost at some point, apparently. IDK WHY THIS GUY WOULD SEND ME AN OFFER FOR AN ITEM HE LOST. So annoying.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Marusan Tag Hedorah:
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im genuinely so excited right now. I just snagged this bad boy for $80, the cheapest I have ever seen it go for on eBay. I totally did not expect to get this today.
I don't know its actual value so I was wondering if this is a good deal.

-----------------
Also, a day or so ago I got my refund for the unfortunately lost Spacegodzilla and used it to buy this beauty.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im on a role. Just won this guy in an auction for $40. Was going to add it to my last post but I cant edit that comment for some reason

EDIT: At this point Im literally just spamming this thread. But for good reason. After this week, I wont be buying any new figures for around a month so that I can finally save up enough for the memorial box. Before the drought though, I figured Id go out with a bang and get a bunch of awesome figures. The final one is going to be this boy right here:
Don't know what year he is from, but I THINK its the original 1984 release.
Anyway, that wraps up my new purchases for at least a while. Only thing else will be the new GhidoGoji, whenever AwesomeCollector ships it.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Man... It's been so long, it feels like I'm relapsing!

Godzilla HG D+07

Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla '91, Gamera '99, Iris, Gorosaurus and "Battle Damaged" MechaGodzilla '75.

NEW ULTRA SPARK DOLLS!!!!111!!!

Metsu-Orochi

Metsu-Orga

And I sent the payment into Y-MSF for...
King Kong '62

My so-called "Blob" Hedorah

My so-called "Seaweed Monster" Hedorah

The MMS G'91, Gamera, and Iris, along with the new Spark Dolls, won't ship until all three of those MMS figures come into stock on HLJ. The Y-MSF figures won't ship till next month when the 89 goes on sale. Holding out for the closed mouth one and an attempt to save on shipping by just having all four get mailed at once. But still, glad to have caught up on a lot of things that got released since I changed jobs. I was hoping I could nab the gasaphon bones set, but looks like I'm out of luck for the time being. Not spending $70 on the damn thing. Depending on how much OT I get tomorrow (scheduled a few hours), I'll also be ordering two SHFA Ultras next weeks - Jack and Z Gamma Future.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

is the seaweed hedorah ymsf as well, looks awesome

Edit: Unless I'm looking at the wrong vendors are YMSF really that expensive? That pink hedorah looks awesome, but if its going for the prices I see on ebay, that'll definitely be a pass for me.
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:15 pm is the seaweed hedorah ymsf as well, looks awesome

Edit: Unless I'm looking at the wrong vendors are YMSF really that expensive? That pink hedorah looks awesome, but if its going for the prices I see on ebay, that'll definitely be a pass for me.
When they first come out, they're around $70 shipped. But the runs are limited, so there's more than a handful that get bought just to be resold. I know there's another run of YMSF Hedorah colors out, or about to come out. Just reach out to them on Facebook.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

The seaweed hedorah I will still always refer to as "Madi Gras" Hedorah. Its just too fitting.

Anyway, yesterday and today I got some awesome new figures that....have found new meaning today. (Warning: Depressing)
Spoiler:
Yesterday, my brother was shot in the neck, and today he passed at the criminally young age of 18. I had some packages come that were able to bring a smile to my face while I was surrounded in complete darkness. One of the sellers for some reason felt the need to throw in some extras with my order and in that moment THAT was exactly what I needed.
Original Bandai Godzilla 1964. I think its the first release.

Bandai Godzilla 1962. It came with some goodies that I dont know what they are exactly.

These are the goodies. A small thing but I will be eternally grateful for them.

Won this guy at an auction for $40. Way cooler in person. Its the Funko Hikari Godzilla. I got 250/750.

A theater exclusive Kiryu Goji to go with my Kiryu. Granted, my Kiryu is SOS and this is GxM, but this one was cooler so I went with it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm so terribly sorry, Hamster. That's absolutely horrific to hear. My condolences to you and your family.

To answer your questions about the bonus figures, one of them I know is a small Yamakatsu Godzilla.
http://www.clubtokyo.org/site/showVaria ... NUFACTURER

The flocked figure is by Bandai from around the same time as the G64 vinyl.
https://twitter.com/MonsterIslandB/stat ... 43490?s=20
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Thank you, and thanks for your answers. Its super cool that the guy gave me some vintage figures just for free. Especially since I really didnt pay very much for the G62 he sent them with.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SHFA Ultraman Jack

SHFA Ultraman Z Gamma Future

Quote of the Year:

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Pre-ordered the new Bandai Gamera 3 and Iris the other day. After getting Legion earlier this fall, excited to see how good these two are!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Finally pulled the trigger. Been eyeballing this Gigan for sometime now.

Quote of the Year:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Ooh what is it? Cant say Ive seen that one before.