Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Shenanigans »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:06 am Image

http://mevius.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/toy/1629600822

It says Godzilla(1991), Gamera(G3), Iris, Hedorah, Salunga, Jet Jaguar beta

Well, we already knew about those Ghidogoji, Gamera, and Iris. This is yet just a rumor so we can't be sure about the rest of the list. But as 5ch had been right about MMS leaks, I'll be looking forward to those. Especially Salunga.
Thanks for sharing! I'd guess its probably legit, the choices aren't too far-fetched (JJ in particular, he's an obvious choice). It'd be nice to see the 2004 version of Hedorah, what with the new short, but I doubt it. Hedorah will probably be a reissue of the 2007 figure, especially since they just released that repaint earlier this year.

Salunga is a bit of a surprise, I'll admit. I've been dying for a figure of him. I was hoping to see a few more SP figures, looks like I may get my wish.

I wonder if we'll see any of these at Godzilla Fest next month? At this point, they probably are saving Godzilla 1991 for that event after all, but I hope to see more.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I have one spot left on my SP shelf. Was going to get Anguirus, but with Salunga coming out that choice will be way harder.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:32 am I have one spot left on my SP shelf. Was going to get Anguirus, but with Salunga coming out that choice will be way harder.
Anguirus is a absolute must have when it comes to the SP figures. It’s honestly one of my favorite vinyl figures of Anguirus.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Is there any alternative to the Premium Bandai website where I can preorder those beautiful Mutos? That site doesn't ship to Canada...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

A Sarunga figure is going to make me a very happy boy, but also make my wallet cry.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Spuro wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 pm Is there any alternative to the Premium Bandai website where I can preorder those beautiful Mutos? That site doesn't ship to Canada...
Awesome Collector, maybe? Only other one I can think of would be BigBadToyStore.
https://awesomecollector.com/collection ... figure-set
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/182382

I'm sure other users will post other options too.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Salunga will be cool. I'd rather they did the classic Gabara but I'll take what I can get. I think the only other one I'm really interested in/curious about is Godzilla 1991. The Gamera stuff and Hedorah will likely be reissues but they will be good for people who missed out in the early 2000s. It's a pretty decent lineup.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I'd be down for an in-scale Hedorah that's like at least 7.5" tall. I'd pay a few extra bucks for that. But we will sure get that tiny undersized mold re-issued yet again...

Gamera '99 MAY be a re-issue (which I hope it is not), but considering the assumed/leaked (?) high MSRP of Irys there's no way that one's a lazy rehash of the existing 20+ years old mold.
Size DOES matter!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The only reason I've never bought a Hedorah is because of undersized it is. Plus I heard the one isn't much more than a glorified brick.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:26 am The only reason I've never bought a Hedorah is because of undersized it is. Plus I heard the one isn't much more than a glorified brick.
It's still a beautiful sculpt and leagues ahead of that Bandai Creation version.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Yeah the Movie Monster Series Hedorah looks awesome but its size is disgraceful, Hedorah is a tall and thicc mofo, the figure should've been at least 7" tall

MMS Hedorah sculpt >>>
Bandai Creation Hedorah size and paint >>>

:Hedorah:
Last edited by {---HYPERZeTToN---} on Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:26 am
Spuro wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 pm Is there any alternative to the Premium Bandai website where I can preorder those beautiful Mutos? That site doesn't ship to Canada...
Awesome Collector, maybe? Only other one I can think of would be BigBadToyStore.
https://awesomecollector.com/collection ... figure-set
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/182382

I'm sure other users will post other options too.
Awesome Collector worked! Thank you, UltramanGoji!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Creature22 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 am Salunga will be cool. I'd rather they did the classic Gabara but I'll take what I can get. I think the only other one I'm really interested in/curious about is Godzilla 1991. The Gamera stuff and Hedorah will likely be reissues but they will be good for people who missed out in the early 2000s. It's a pretty decent lineup.
Given that a lot of "classic" Showa monsters have been getting figures recently (Hedorah, Megalon, JJ etc...) it wouldn't surprise me if we EVENTUALLY see Gabara in some capacity. We are also getting Gorosurus so there's that. Gabara technically has a larger importance on the franchise than Goro. We'll just have to wait and see.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:58 pm
Creature22 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 am Salunga will be cool. I'd rather they did the classic Gabara but I'll take what I can get. I think the only other one I'm really interested in/curious about is Godzilla 1991. The Gamera stuff and Hedorah will likely be reissues but they will be good for people who missed out in the early 2000s. It's a pretty decent lineup.
Given that a lot of "classic" Showa monsters have been getting figures recently (Hedorah, Megalon, JJ etc...) it wouldn't surprise me if we EVENTUALLY see Gabara in some capacity. We are also getting Gorosurus so there's that. Gabara technically has a larger importance on the franchise than Goro. We'll just have to wait and see.
I think Bandai is slowly catching on that people DO in fact want Showa figures, but it will be a slow burn if that’s the case. Ebirah scored very high on the poll that Gorosaurus eventually won. So I guess we’ll have to see if Bandai catches on to that interest over time.

I can easily see them releasing a new monster sculpt along with a reissue of the accompanying era’s Godzilla, or something like that. Similar for what they did when they released Hedorah in 2006.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Excited about a Salunga figure. Will entertain getting one to get some sort of representation of Gabara on the shelf. Ultimately, most excited about G3 and Iris if New sculpts are used. Was impressed with the Legion figure from earlier this year.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:26 am The only reason I've never bought a Hedorah is because of undersized it is. Plus I heard the one isn't much more than a glorified brick.
Its honestly a fantastic figure. Same with the YMSF one, though getting one that has a paintjob that looks right, as opposed to unicorn vomit colored, is hard to do. Neither has a whole lot of articulation, sure, but its a vinyl figure. Articulation really isnt important.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Awesome Collector seems to further confirm the Salunga and Jet Jaguar 2.0 vinyls with pre-orders having gone up.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:07 pm Awesome Collector seems to further confirm the Salunga and Jet Jaguar 2.0 vinyls with pre-orders having gone up.
Nice catch! The new MMS Hedorah is up there, too.

Anyone think we'll see all these guys this week at Godzilla Fest? Gorosaurus, Godzilla 1991, Hedorah, Salunga, and Jet Jaguar Beta. Pretty sizeable list of possibilities, but who know if we'll see all of them (or any of them besides Gorosaurus).

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Salunga and Jet Jaguar don't come out until next June so....
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Until now, I have known that Iris and Gamera3 would be released in November, but it turns out that there was no such word anywhere. Is my memory wrong?