Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Shenanigans »

Nobody posted the teaser?

Being honest, while I know this kit is fairly iconic (and constantly reissued, I saw it at FYE a few months ago), I'm not as interested in this as the Shogun Godzilla.

I look forward to the Ultimates but I suspect it'll be a little while more before we see any of those.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, no interest in variants here either. Normal Ultimates are much more enticing.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I am surprised at the 'Slow Burn' that Super7 has had with their Godzilla licence. Some of their stuff we find out about the license as soon as they post the figure preorders. This time we've known about it for a year but have only seen one limited ReAction, and whatever this is.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

Platypus Prime wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:00 pm I am surprised at the 'Slow Burn' that Super7 has had with their Godzilla licence. Some of their stuff we find out about the license as soon as they post the figure preorders. This time we've known about it for a year but have only seen one limited ReAction, and whatever this is.
As a collector, I’m impatient…but my wallet is grateful.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Looks like it's a repaint of the small Shogun ReAction with glow-parts. I may check on it if it remains available for long, I do hope they will show off possible Ultimates during the 'at-home-con'.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

And anyone who wants a visual of it:

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/ ... 15011?s=20

Not impressed. The teaser image was super misleading, too.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Yeah. I was expecting a mini Aurora kit. Not a Shogun in the colors of the Aurora kit. What a weird mashup.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I think one thing that does bug me is the way they painted it, it looks like a glowing Godzilla wearing pajamas. All you will see is the head, hands and feet, and maybe the spines. Thing is, Super7 has done some AMAZING glow-work. I have both their Baxter Stockman and Mumm-ra in Glow versions, they're awesome.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Well this is certainly a strange variant that nobody asked for.

The promo image was definitely misleading.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Platypus Prime wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:32 am I think one thing that does bug me is the way they painted it, it looks like a glowing Godzilla wearing pajamas. All you will see is the head, hands and feet, and maybe the spines.
That’s how the original glow Aurora was. They’re just being true to the source. Except not, since it’s on a totally different figure…

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

Oh man. That thing is ugly. I wonder when they’re going to start showing off the good stuff.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

What a stupid release lmao.

Every other line can get Ultimates and their pre-orders out with announcement they got the license, why is Godzilla taking them so long?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'd say Toho but who knows.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

PLEASE tell me they will be revealing more figures this week, because this sucks.

My only thought is that this could be a fairly easy repaint for those who missed out on the first version, but other than that? Yikes. It's not even just the absurdity of it; it just looks bad. That color scheme does not compliment that figure at all...
Platypus Prime wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:00 pm I am surprised at the 'Slow Burn' that Super7 has had with their Godzilla licence. Some of their stuff we find out about the license as soon as they post the figure preorders. This time we've known about it for a year but have only seen one limited ReAction, and whatever this is.
Moth wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm What a stupid release lmao.

Every other line can get Ultimates and their pre-orders out with announcement they got the license, why is Godzilla taking them so long?
I feel like they were so excited when they got the license, they wanted to announce it as soon as possible. Most toy companies wait until they have something - anything - to show off before making the announcement that they acquired a new license, but Super7 simply couldn't wait for whatever reason.

If that is the case, though, I'm not seeing that excitement translate into what they've done thus far. I'm hopeful we'll see some good stuff soon, but man, we've been off to a rocky start here.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

What in god's name is that thing? Fail.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I think the owner of Super7 said in an interview that we really weren't going to get anything big until 2022, right? Unless that was an interview from last year, and he meant 2021.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Honestly thought this was a joke at first. That thing looks absolutely horrible. Thank you for having me be able to skip this monstrosity.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

KingKaiju wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:39 am I think the owner of Super7 said in an interview that we really weren't going to get anything big until 2022, right? Unless that was an interview from last year, and he meant 2021.
This is correct. I can't remember the wording though, if we weren't going to SEE stuff until 2022 or it wouldn't be available until then.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Here's the exact wording from the announcement, from this January:
The debut 3.75″ articulated Godzilla ReAction figure is scheduled to arrive this summer, along with a capsule collection, offering various products, including apparel and accessories. More Godzilla product will follow later in the year, escalating in 2022 with ULTIMATES! figures.
They certainly did warn us that it was going to be quite some time before we got anything, but we should at least see a few more things before the year's end. Hopefully. As I said before, wouldn't expect any Ultimates reveals for a while still.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I saw this new figure for the first time while I was waiting in line at Halloween Horror Nights, but I immediately thought about what you guys on TK would have to say about it. And I largely agree, super disappointing. Id be totally ok with it if it was the Aurora kit, but this is just so lazy. And its a shame as I genuinely love super7. I do hope new releases are better.