Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Spuro »

I'd buy most Showa figures in an instant.

Gimmie SH Titanosaurus! Gimmie SH Gorosaurus! Gimmie SH Varan! I'll take it!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I have yet to buy any Showa SHMA (mostly because I wasn’t in a place to afford them when they came out, but also because of some of the choices like the whole rings issue on MG or the small size and weird atriculation cuts in ‘64).

And yet, Showa kaiju are absolutely at the top of my list for things I want from this line. I’d buy any of the Showa figures in that poll immediately.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Definitely need more Showa SHMA’s. Here’s my top wishlist—

SoshingekiGoji

MegaroGoji

Anguirus

Hedorah

Showa King Ghidorah

Showa Mothra

Showa Gigan

Showa Rodan

Megalon

Mechagodzilla 2
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Well, I caved and preordered the FW Gigan reissue. Which means I now have 4 SHMA on preorder, which will increase my current collection of 7 by more than 50% when they arrive….

I am very eager to see what Super7 brings to the table and how they compare to SHMA, but if we’re doing an SHMA wishlist here’s my top picks (in no particular order, I’d buy all of them):

‘64 Mothra adult and larva (preferably big enough to pair with the neca goji vs the puny SHMA one)

Showa Gigan

Megalon

GMK Baragon

‘62 Kong

Or pretty much ANY other Showa figures. (Side note, the kaiju cast of GTTHM would be my absolute top pick, except I was lucky enough to obtain the full 25cm X-plus set so I’m less inclined to care about SHMA versions.)

Reissues:
Mecha King Ghidorah
Godzilla ‘62
Shin Godzilla (the one with all the breath effects)

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I wrote a long post detailing what I would and would not do but it was too long so I'm just gonna lighten it.

Repaint/reissues I'd like to see:

MOGUERA
Spacegodzilla (preferably a poster color version)
King Ghidorah (2019, with folded in wings, PLEASE)
Mecha-King Ghidorah
Rodan and Mothra 2019 (how the hell they didn't make a magma and teal repaint yet is beyond me)
Mechagodzilla (1975)

New Figures I'd like to see with the figures we're getting:

Any of the GMK Trio
Godzilla (2004)
Monster X
Mothra (2004, also comes in with a built in repaint with "Fire Mothra"
Keizer Ghidorah
Any other Final Wars kaiju (I'm like the only person who'd like and pay for those redesigns)
Nozuki/Warbat
Skullcrawler (Number 10 for the inevitable MG)

New figures in general:

Deviljho
Anguirus (Singular Point)
Jet Jaguar (Singular Point)
Salunga
Rodan (Singular Point, preferably like a pack of Dorat sized and articulated ones with the big one we see briefly in the trailer)
Copperhead
Godzilla 1971 and Hedorah (if there is any film I'm going to be especially pissed got screwed out of merch on it's 50th anniversary, it's Godzilla vs Hedorah. Least they can fucking do for Bano restarting the kaiju genre)
Orga

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Totally agree with S.P Anguirus and Rodan + Salunga. It'll probably never happen (or at least, not anytime soon) but all the designs for them look awesome as hell. I'd love to have a fully articulated Salunga on my shelf, and then i could play with it like a child and have him climb a couple of buildings. :lol:

Honestly i'm kinda shocked Godzilla Ultima doesn't have a confirmed figure yet. All we have is Bandai's stuff, but i mean, they don't really compare.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:08 am Totally agree with S.P Anguirus and Rodan + Salunga. It'll probably never happen (or at least, not anytime soon) but all the designs for them look awesome as hell. I'd love to have a fully articulated Salunga on my shelf, and then i could play with it like a child and have him climb a couple of buildings. :lol:

Honestly i'm kinda shocked Godzilla Ultima doesn't have a confirmed figure yet. All we have is Bandai's stuff, but i mean, they don't really compare.
I honestly wonder if they're even interested in the animes, MA wise. Earth trilogy only got two figures (the intial and the repaint).

And even if we excuse it as the other monsters were too out there, the fact those two didn't sell makes me worried doing SP won't sell.

Which'll disappoint me, like you said, those designs are really good and especially good for articulation. Definitely Anguirus, he/she has quickly become my favorite incarnation of Anguirus outside of Showa.

RIP Evan.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:40 am Any other Final Wars kaiju (I'm like the only person who'd like and pay for those redesigns)
Hey, I’d buy them in bulk
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Godzilla Ultima (best SP design!)

Anguirus (Singular Point)

Jet Jaguar (Singular Point)

Salunga

Rodan (Singular Point, preferably like a pack of Dorat sized and articulated ones with the big one we see briefly in the trailer)

Godzilla 1971 and Hedorah (if there is any film I'm going to be especially pissed got screwed out of merch on it's 50th anniversary, it's Godzilla vs Hedorah. Least they can fucking do for Bano restarting the kaiju genre)
Read my mind :)
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri May 07, 2021 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Aaaaaand we've come full circle like clockwork LOL.

The obligatory S.H MonsterArts wish list.

Never change MA thread lol, I love it.

Mine is

Showa Gigan
Showa Anguirus
Showa Megalon
Shiwa Jet Jagaaaaa

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

goji89 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:29 am Aaaaaand we've come full circle like clockwork LOL.

Got to admit, it went a while before it happened again.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:24 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:29 am Aaaaaand we've come full circle like clockwork LOL.

Got to admit, it went a while before it happened again.
True, someone was changing the batteries on the clock but once it started again :lol:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Epic Moth Fact: We have not gotten an all new monster since Mecha King Ghidorah (or Mothra 1992 if you want to be technical) that wasn't a new iteration of a monster already featured in the Godzilla line.
It's been a total of six years since an all new face on the Godzilla side of things.
Last edited by Moth on Fri May 07, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

I'd happily buy a Varan or 98 SHMA

SoggyNoodles2016

Moth wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:29 pm Epic Moth Fact: We have not gotten an all new monster since Mecha King Ghidorah (or Mothra 1992 if you want to be technical) that wasn't a new iteration of a monster already featured in the Godzilla line.
It's been a total of six years since an all new face on the Godzilla side of things.
Well, techincally, Kong breaks this rule because the 2005 wasn't in the Godzilla line, but yeah.

It's disappointing. Hope we get some fresh blood soon

RIP Evan.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Well that being said most of the demanded showa and millennium monsters are also iterations of some of the already released figures as well. (Ghidorah 64, Mothra 64, Rodan 64/68, Kong 62, MechaG75, Gigan 72, Mothra 2001, Mothra 2003, etc)

Going by that, if we're looking for new sculpts with no iterations currently present, would include (classics only - not including monserverse):

Anguirus, Varan, Megalon, King Caesar, Gorosaurus, Ebirah, Megaguirus, Baragon, Manda, Titanosaurus, Jet Jaguar, Kumonga, and Kamacuras.

Regarding nothing truly new since MKG, I would argue that the last newest sculpt outside of Godzilla iterations was Mechagodzilla 1974.

SoggyNoodles2016

To me, it's less it's the same characters, it's that they're the SAME incarnation. Like, if it wasn't just the most recent and represented in toys Ghidorahs, I wouldn't mind having more Ghidorah.

RIP Evan.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Well if your talking repaints that's another thing entirely.

PS. They're not done yet. I fully expect the entire line to be repainted at one point.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Fri May 07, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

WISH LIST TIME! Best part of this thread's cycle!

Reissues/Whatsits
- Battle Damaged or Poster Color Variant SpaceGodzilla. I would double, if not triple, dip on these for SpaceGodzilla.
- Mecha-King Ghidorah. Maybe concept art version with brighter gold and silver.
- Heavy Arms Kiryu
- Godzilla 2002 Lightning Storm Scene

New Releases. A Top 10 List.
10. Godzilla 1968 or 1974
09. Megalon
08. Zilla
07. Monster X
06. Megaguirus
05. Orga
04. Anguirus (1968)
03. Mothra 2003 or 2004
02. Hedorah (Preferably Showa, would settle for 2004)
01. King Caesar (Preferably Showa, would settle for 2004)
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri May 07, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

All I want is:

MG75
Titanosaurus
G2K movie ver.
G84
Baragon
Gigan 72
Anguirus 68.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Fri May 07, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Naruto65 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:44 pm All I want is:

MG75
Titanosaurus
G2K movie ver.
G84
Baragon
Gigan 72
Anguirus 68.
OH MY GOD NARUTO CONFIRMED ALL THESE MONSTERARTS.

THEY'RE BEING MADE OH MY GOD OH MY GOD HE'S BROKEN THE THREAD IN HALF.