Worst Godzilla Game

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Worst Godzilla Game

Post by Zilla103192 »

godzilla898 wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:Yeah, I actually like the Wii GU game...

I think I might go to the mall tomorrow and pick up the PS2 game, I never really gave it that much of a chance.
If you've got StE or DAMM, it's not exactly unjustified...
I have DAMM, STE, GU and (wii), I also had the PS2 copy of GU, but sold it for the Wii copy almost immediately.

I kinda want to pick it up just to say I have it. Since it's so different from the Wii copy.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

matrix
Monsterland Worker

Post by matrix »

I have, Godzilla:DAMM Godzilla:StE Godzilla:U and Godzilla:U ps2, oh and double smash, double smash is my least favorite.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

matrix wrote:I have, Godzilla:DAMM Godzilla:StE Godzilla:U and Godzilla:U ps2, oh and double smash, double smash is my least favorite.
I still like the DS game... meh
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

The "Godzilla:The Series" games for Game Boy- Godzilla & Godzilla:Monster Wars, basically both are the same game, but with different levels. I tried to play one of these the other day and couldn't get past the 1st level. GINO is known for his speed, why'd they make him so darn slow in these games ???
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

King Ghidora 2099
Young Farmer

Post by King Ghidora 2099 »

I don't think they should have Godzilla games for portable game systems anyway, the graphics are always bad.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

King Ghidora 2099 wrote:I don't think they should have Godzilla games for portable game systems anyway, the graphics are always bad.
:eh:

This games graphics are pretty stellar for a 3rd party Game Boy title
http://tohokingdom.com/vg/kotm_godzilla.htm

While they are cartoony, the graphics are still pretty bangin.
http://tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_monster_march.htm

Again, cartoony, but the graphics are pretty cool
http://tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_domination.htm

While not PS3 good (of course not), there are still Godzilla games on handhelds that have pretty solid graphics. In fact, that's one thing I CAN count on Godzilla games for. I haven't been displeased with any Godzilla game (Besides the puzzle game, and the 2 "The Series" games) in terms of graphics. I think that Godzilla games have a solid Graphics track.

Supergeon
Samurai

Post by Supergeon »

I would have to say Godzilla Unleashed for DS gameplay was the least inspired. BUT! The character models looked very cool, 2 player made it a little more fun, but it was very monotonous.

I was let down by GU on PS2, I played until I unlocked battra an then I never picked it up again, I just couldn't figure out how it was worse than StE.. The throws that landed at your feet!

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Probably the Commodore 64 title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpsab4jG2Mc

As for games I've actually played, it would be Godzilla 2 (1992) for the NES.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Just came across a hilarious video related to the topic of bad Godzilla games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mQHotl ... re=related

GU: Double Smash, doesn't seem all that bad now.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Just came across a hilarious video related to the topic of bad Godzilla games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mQHotl ... re=related

GU: Double Smash, doesn't seem all that bad now.
Every single person on this board loves Monster of Monsters (well, not every single one, but I've yet to hear someone call it out) whilst most love Super Godzilla and a handful will defend War of the Monsters. The GameBoy game is relatively forgotten, and DAM has quite the reputation.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

^ Nah, don't worry. I still dream of playing Monsters of Monsters and Supergodzilla someday. At least they both look better than Double Smash. Besides, you gotta admit, the video is kinda funny. (Especially if you have never played any of these games before.)
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:^ Nah, don't worry. I still dream of playing Monsters of Monsters and Supergodzilla someday. At least they both look better than Double Smash. Besides, you gotta admit, the video is kinda funny. (Especially if you have never played any of these games before.)
The first couple times I saw it, I loved it, I used to be a HUGE fan of the Angry Video Game Nerd.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Mechagodzilla2
Ronin

Post by Mechagodzilla2 »

Lord Gappa wrote:Godzilla Unleashed on Wii and DS.
Coocoo.
If you think GU was bad then you have no taste. I've played the wii version and it's one of the greatest things that's happened to godzilla.
Anyone who hates the controls are also losers.

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

^What do you think about the DS version?
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Post by Berzerkgodzilla »

Well I'll happily be a loser. I dislike Unleashed, it's controls and quite a few other things about it.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Mechagodzilla2 wrote:
Coocoo.
If you think GU was bad then you have no taste. I've played the wii version and it's one of the greatest things that's happened to godzilla.
You just called every single member of the board except for the two of us, losers.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

JVM wrote:
Mechagodzilla2 wrote:
Coocoo.
You just called every single member of the board except for the two of us, losers.
I like GU too. That makes three.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The real question is, if I'm one of them, Kaiju-King is another, then who's the third?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
JVM wrote:
Mechagodzilla2 wrote: Coocoo.
I like GU too. That makes three.
Make that four.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

Mechagodzilla2
Ronin

Post by Mechagodzilla2 »

space godzilla wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Mechagodzilla2 wrote: Coocoo.
Make that four.[/quote]
Atleast there are four non-losers in this world.