Worst Godzilla Game

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Worst Godzilla Game

Post by Goji »

There may be "much worse games out there", but that doesn't stop the DS game from being one of the absolute worst Godzilla games ever made.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Worst Godzilla game? Godzilla for the GameBoy. It has as much to do with Godzilla as two chipmunks eating raisins looks like a diamond.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Goji wrote:There may be "much worse games out there", but that doesn't stop the DS game from being one of the absolute worst Godzilla games ever made.
But why exactly is it the worst? I am not trying to sound like a smartass... I just want to know what the game has/does that makes it bad?

Personally I feel that the old gts games are the worst... You hardly play at all... You aim and shoot. That's about it.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

Mr. Strange wrote:
JVM wrote:tons of clones
I'll disagree with this point. G54 and G90 were the only two monsters out of 26 that had significant overlap in their animations.
Speaking of G54 and G90's, what the hell happened with the dorsal spine textures? They're all black, really small, identical (albeit 54 and 90's are almost identical in their entireties), and downright ugly. The PS2 version got 90's right so why couldn't the Wii?
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

Godzilla for Game Boy (The puzzle game where you break rocks), the Banpresto arcade game, G2 for NES are all pretty horrible.
SAVE_US.GDZ

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

Godzilla on Game Boy, Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters (or SIMzilla as I like to call it, thanks AVGN), and Godzilla Unleashed DS are by far the worst that I know of.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The Banpresto fighter is unusual, yeah, but anything but one of the worst. I can name at least four other Godzilla games that are putrid in comparison, but they're all pretty obvious choices, so there's not really a point.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:
Mr. Strange wrote:
JVM wrote:tons of clones
I'll disagree with this point. G54 and G90 were the only two monsters out of 26 that had significant overlap in their animations.
Mechagodzilla and Mechagodzilla 2. King Ghidorah and Mecha-King Ghidorah.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Am I the only one who finds Godzilla Unleashed a disappointment?

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

LegendZilla wrote:Am I the only one who finds Godzilla Unleashed a disappointment?
No, most fans found it disappointing.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Godzilla for Game Boy and Godzilla 2 for NES. Many wasted hours of my youth with these two.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Godzilla21 wrote:Godzilla for Game Boy and Godzilla 2 for NES. Many wasted hours of my youth with these two.
Were you at least able to make it to the end for Godzilla 2? I couldn't even make it past the first level back then :(

OT, The worst game for me might be GU Wii. As unfun as it was, I haven't played enough of Godzilla 2 to give much of a verdict, and it doesn't help I was playing it all wrong. But GU Wii... once in a blue moon I'll pick it up and try it out, actually attempt to learn the controls, and it never, never works out. I hate the controls, I hate how weak the beams are, the way the health system works, not being able to roll while laying prone, the swapping of Rage Mode for Critical Mass... It's just not fun at all to play.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

LegendZilla wrote:Am I the only one who finds Godzilla Unleashed a disappointment?
It's my least played Godzilla game of the Pipeworks trilogy
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Godzilla for the Commodore 64, anyone?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

The Godzilla King wrote:
No, most fans found it disappointing.
Yeah once everyone stopped fan girling so much over the roster a lot of people seemed to realize the game play didn't really live up to the 2 previous games.

As far as worst game goes I'd say the ps2 version of Unleashed. It was basically a shitty version of STE minus online and rage, and added clones of Mothra, and Orga.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

The worst Godzilla games to me are Godzilla for Gameboy and Godzilla 2.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Easily Godzilla: Double Smash. Terrible gameplay, bland story, and, well, do i even need to say anything about the monster models?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

The worst ones I’ve played are the two GBC Godzilla: The Series games, but shoutout too to Unleashed for Wii.

I think the original Gameboy game is underrated. Not every Godzilla game has to be a fighting game. It’s a pretty average single-screen puzzler.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Terasawa wrote:The worst ones I’ve played are the two GBC Godzilla: The Series games, but shoutout too to Unleashed for Wii.
I have a soft spot for the first GBC game... but the 2nd one, Monster Wars, can't get into that one at all.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Terasawa wrote:The worst ones I’ve played are the two GBC Godzilla: The Series games, but shoutout too to Unleashed for Wii.
I have a soft spot for the first GBC game... but the 2nd one, Monster Wars, can't get into that one at all.
I haven’t played either since I was young but as I recall they’re both basically the same game. Could be wrong about that I guess. I never got very far in them because of how boring they were.

I don’t think conventional Godzilla action translates well to handhelds. That’s one reason I like the SD puzzle game.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.