Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by Gigantis »

Actually, thinking about this more, i think what they really should've done was make four original monsters for a faction, have the fans pick which was best, and include the winning four in the game, that way no faction would've been left behind.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

tyrantgoji wrote:Actually, thinking about this more, i think what they really should've done was make four original monsters for a faction, have the fans pick which was best, and include the winning four in the game, that way no faction would've been left behind.
so, you pick one but your choice has no value because they'd do what they want anyhow?

…….well it'd be the most transparent time Simon Strange fucked us over.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Actually, thinking about this more, i think what they really should've done was make four original monsters for a faction, have the fans pick which was best, and include the winning four in the game, that way no faction would've been left behind.
so, you pick one but your choice has no value because they'd do what they want anyhow?

…….well it'd be the most transparent time Simon Strange skreeonked us over.
No he's saying each faction gets and orginal monster and we vote. So top 4 out of 16.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

No he's saying each faction gets and orginal monster and we vote. So top 4 out of 16.
^This. There could've been a lot more hype for this game if they promised us something like that!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

^This. There could've been a lot more hype for this game if they promised us something like that!
That's uh. That's not really realistic.

So, they'd have to design ALL of these original monsters, figure out their model, figure out their playstyle and all this other shit and only a quarter would actually be implemented?

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
That's uh. That's not really realistic.

So, they'd have to design ALL of these original monsters, figure out their model, figure out their playstyle and all this other poop and only a quarter would actually be implemented?
They probably had that many designs anyway. Remember pipeworks said they narrowed it down to 4 finalist. Only problem would have been development time.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If there were other monsters drawn, they'd probably have released some concept art of them.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:If there were other monsters drawn, they'd probably have released some concept art of them.
Toho owns whatever was created from what I remember so it'd be their call to have released any art for them. I think it was mentioned in one of the interviews in the Godzilla Unleashed section
Last edited by Chris55 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Silly idea, but it would be kinda cool if they somehow made a 4th game, and had the four original kaiju be version exclusives.

Switch gets Obsidius
PS4/5 gets The Visitor
Xbox gets Lightningbug
And since nobody cares about FireLion, he can got to Stadia or something
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

UltimateDitto wrote: And since nobody cares about FireLion, he can got to Stadia or something
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Okay fine he can be PC exclusive. ;)

Or heck, since Obsidius won the ballot, he can be on all versions and put FireLion on Switch.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wellll They could make a new GDF monster to balance things out if that ever happened. So that one would be on PC, Fire Lion on switch, and of course, Obsidius on all.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I thought I remember people saying Lighting Bug was suppose to be GDF?

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
Also I would love a Godzilla unleashed remastered where they add Lighting Bug, The Visitor and Firelion and call it a day.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote:I thought I remember people saying Lighting Bug was suppose to be GDF?
Nope. She was either an alien, or more commonly, a mutant. I don't think Atari ever decided.

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:I thought I remember people saying Lighting Bug was suppose to be GDF?
Nope. She was either an alien, or more commonly, a mutant. I don't think Atari ever decided.
She was always Alien. Not sure HOW (her origin is a random bug mutated by the Vortaak ship, nothing about them controlling her) but always an alien.

It's weirdly unbalanced, I'll agree as with that, even if I didn't want a GDF one.

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Did anyone as a child feel really cool for unlocking the secret alien mother ship level and fighting Varan?

Say what you want about the game, but I really liked a lot of the secret methods of unlocking characters.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Did anyone as a child feel really cool for unlocking the secret alien mother ship level and fighting Varan?

Say what you want about the game, but I really liked a lot of the secret methods of unlocking characters.
IMO, Varan himself even appearing in G:U is one of the biggest "holy shit" moments of the entire franchise since the start of the Heisei era. NOBODY was expecting him. I remember when the copyright of his involvement was announced and people assumed it'd just be a cameo or summonable, but then when he was revealed as a playable character, THAT was a great moment.

G:U had a plethora of issues and bugs galore, but god damn were their hearts in the right place for the fans. When the initial announcement seemed the roster would cut the number of kaiju from STE and the fans were in an uproar, they quickly fixed it. I really think if this game wouldn't have been modeled purely around the Wii and would have kept the basic play style of STE, it'd be THE go-to Godzilla game for an entire generation of fans. I will never forget the moment we saw this screenshot:

The lead up and hype to G:U was some of the best months I've ever had in this fandom. Yeah, the game came and went and is now known very well for its issues, but I don't even think the 2014 reboot was able to match the amount of fandom hype G:U had at the time.

Now I kind of want to dig up my old Wii and hook it up, just to play.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

My dad bought Godzilla: Unleashed from Best Buy for me. It was May 1, 2009. I was 11 years old and I really, REALLY wanted to get my damn hands on this game. When I finally got it, I played it non-stop. Hell, I remember playing it for 10 HOURS straight the following day after I got it.

I was so obsessed with Godzilla: Unleashed that I would complain, rage and cry whenever something that I didn't want to happen did happen, like losing a beam fight or having an AI monster KO another AI monster when I wanted to be the one to KO him/her so I can get more store points. I annoyed my parents and siblings so much because of that.

I still have my original copy. The disc is scratched up like hell because no matter how much I try, I could never be gentle with my games at that age, but the disc still works great. Whenever I play G:U, I always find myself playing it for at least over an hour despite it being inferior to DAMM and STG. I guess it's because of the cool locations and the amount of monsters it has. The controls have been heavily criticized, but I played this game for so long that I became a master at it. Still, I understand why people hated the controls so much. I'm still planning on getting the PS2 version just for the hell of it.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

What is your favourite map? Mine’s Osaka, with New York and London being runner ups.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

VoyagerGoji wrote:What is your favourite map? Mine’s Osaka, with New York and London being runner ups.
I like frozen Sydney.