Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by Voyager »

Gigantis wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:What is your favourite map? Mine’s Osaka, with New York and London being runner ups.
I like frozen Sydney.
I have a vendetta against that map. One, for being my home city. Two, for the Frozen Terror level.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

San Fransisco and Osaka. Of all the cities they were the least "pre-destroyed."
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

VoyagerGoji wrote:What is your favourite map? Mine’s Osaka, with New York and London being runner ups.
My favorite is Osaka, too. It's the perfect city for giant monster fights in all three games.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Seattle and New York were my favorites

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Remember how op MG’s beam was?
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

VoyagerGoji wrote:Remember how op MG’s beam was?
Like it was anywhere near as OP as Destoroyah's horn. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I legit just remember how much I hate Mothra, Anguirus, Baragon and Megaguirus.
For Emperor and Empire!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gigantis wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:Remember how op MG’s beam was?
Like it was anywhere near as OP as Destoroyah's horn. :lol:
Sweats in glitch.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I really love MG Showa’s alien/robotic sounds. I also have a question regarding these sounds. Were they in the 2 Showa MG films?
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:32 am I really love MG Showa’s alien/robotic sounds. I also have a question regarding these sounds. Were they in the 2 Showa MG films?
Don't think so. Atari was pretty infamous for just making up sounds for the monsters.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Speaking of favorite maps, mine was Seattle. The volcanic scenery with the city looked awesome. and I LOVED finishing matches where the lava river met the ocean, so the monster I was playing would do the victory pose in the cloud of steam. I always wished we had gotten just a few more arenas, like a version of Paris that was overgrown with jungle and vines, Los Angeles that would have been engulfed in a desert with its ocean side dried up and sand a storm, and Moscow fallen into the ground where the sky can't even be seen, just the bottom of the Earth's crust and crystals that now act as a dome over it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:39 am like a version of Paris that was overgrown with jungle and vines
I mean, Double Smash did that, but it's probably for the best we don't mention that game lol

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 am
VoyagerGoji wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:32 amI really love MG Showa’s alien/robotic sounds. I also have a question regarding these sounds. Were they in the 2 Showa MG films?
Don't think so. Atari was pretty infamous for just making up sounds for the monsters.
They most certainly were not from either Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla or Terror of Mechagodzilla. Pipeworks simply added them because "lol old retro robot." Hell, Unleashed didn't even have Showa Mechagodzilla's roar in it. They just pitched up Godzilla's roar to make it kinda close, I guess? And then they gave some flimsy excuse that Toho never sent them Mechagodzilla's roar (which I guess is understandable at first, but then one wonders why they were apparently completely incapable of letting Toho know they'd overlooked it and asking them to send it, or asking a fan to rip the Mechagodzilla track off the HOWL CD, or something).
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Speaking of Mechagodzilla, Unleashed retcons the first two games into Showa MechaG being the Vortakk weapon and Kiryu was actually Mechagodzilla 2 the entire time.

Thought that was interesting.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKenny
Young Farmer

Post by KingKenny »

I found the control chaotic to say the least. I only wish they included a bit of a larger roster but what could you expect, it's from Nintendo.
one wonders why they were apparently completely incapable of letting Toho know they'd overlooked it and asking them to send it, or asking a fan to rip the Mechagodzilla track off the HOWL CD
It's legalities pertaining to the rights they have over the sound because you have to remember that their was a creator behind that with agents holding some value of the royalty shares and further parties etc. They can't just grab it because then it would lead to a lawsuit which would harm the game's revenues. Not to mention how the controversy might hurt future profits on the game overall.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

KingKenny wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:36 pmIt's legalities pertaining to the rights they have over the sound ... They can't just grab it because then it would lead to a lawsuit which would harm the game's revenues.
Fair enough. But that still doesn't explain why they couldn't just say "Hey, Toho, you accidentally left out Showa Mechagodzilla's sounds. Could you send those our way please, since he's in the game and all? Thanks." Unless they didn't realize they didn't have his sounds the day before the game shipped, surely there was enough time to do that.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:35 pmAnd then they gave some flimsy excuse that Toho never sent them Mechagodzilla's roar (which I guess is understandable at first, but then one wonders why they were apparently completely incapable of letting Toho know they'd overlooked it and asking them to send it, or asking a fan to rip the Mechagodzilla track off the HOWL CD, or something).
What's worse is that they actually did have Showa Mechagodzilla's roar, but they gave it to Kiryu for his victory animation instead (at 1:30 in the video):

It seems it was actually just a bizarre design decision to give Showa MG a bunch of generic roars rather than them not having his audio. Showa MG's roar is used for one of Kiryu's moves in Save the Earth too, so they've had access to his roar since at least 2004.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

The Godzilla King wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:08 pmWhat's worse is that they actually did have Showa Mechagodzilla's roar, but they gave it to Kiryu for his victory animation instead ... Showa MG's roar is used for one of Kiryu's moves in Save the Earth too, so they've had access to his roar since at least 2004.
...Wow. I remembered Kiryu using Showa MG's roar in Save The Earth, but I was either not aware or just simply did not remember that he did it in Unleashed, too. If Pipeworks actually had Showa MG's roar when they made Unleashed and still gave him the inaccurate altered Godzilla roars, that is completely unacceptable.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

The Godzilla King wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:08 pm

It seems it was actually just a bizarre design decision to give Showa MG a bunch of generic roars rather than them not having his audio. Showa MG's roar is used for one of Kiryu's moves in Save the Earth too, so they've had access to his roar since at least 2004.
I think it's in one of the interviews we did where Simon Strange said that it was a combination of sounds all playing together in that move that made it sound like MG 74/75.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

How many here have played that Godzilla Unleashed Overhaul mod/emulation project thing? I'm not quite sure about some of the changes since it kind of eliminates G:U's identity but it does look really, really, cool

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu